Tip: Megas only with ot

Lifeguard

(-1) the fact that as soon as someone is finally satisfied with previous purchases and can finally use pokemons that have been sitting in their pc for years, and you want to deny them that possibility is crazy to me, making mega evolutions available only by ot will completely defeat the purpose of trades, will make so many pokemons and years of grinding to buy them useless!!

I'm sorry, I think you all just need too see yourselves in a couple of weeks, not being able to catch event pokes because of your luck and not being able to buy them, the game is already hard and denying players like me to use my bought pokemons that I worked hard for would be so unfair...

I agree with the max happiness idea, it's really good but if you want to make the game hard for yourself, ask the game developers to make obtaining the mega evolution stones more of a challenge, and if they can make multiple levels of the challenge to obtain better rewards, just like bosses.

Think of it!! People worked hard to obtain those pokemons, and locking them like that just because you're not at the same level as them or not lucky, is just beyond selfish...

For everyone, that gave a +1 on this, I think you should rethink this as a permanent change and not a progressive one, it wouldn't benefit anyone, before you all +1 this thread, think of the consequences this change would have on everyone, not only you :(

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-1 to this suggestion!

In my opinion, this game isn't just PVP (I never played it) or hunting but from times to times I like to hunt to catch some pokemons that I like and its not for PVP. I'm not rich and I never put real money in my account, I just play PVE and I won some money through the time to buy some good pokemons in trade market, they are not my OT but I put my effort, time and dedication to earn that money through PVE to buy them! Why I want good pokemons if I don't play PVP? Well, because I want to have my favorite pokemons with good stats, making a good collection, enjoying it, etc.

Four years ago i signed up for the game and i haven’t always played, sometimes i dont have much time to play it, but i always come back when i can and I have always tried to keep up the news about the game and I have been waiting for megas for a loooooooong time, not because of PVP, not because of making money from it on trades but because of one simple reason, BECAUSE I LIKE MEGAS!

And as said Starlight: "I think the "bond" that Game Freak is talking about as the lore of Mega Evolution is simply about being with the Pokemon often, making the Pokemon happy to be with you. Does not need OT to do that, right? ;)"

Each person plays this game the way they want, the important thing is enjoying it, making friends and have good times.

Edited by Micael80
  • Like 1

I think that's a good idea but as per the series it was based on the bond of pokemon and the trainer so what does it means if someone has a pokemon for long time but it's not their ot? I suggest it should be dependent on the time that is spent with that poke rather than ot only

So a happiness clause? Only problem with that is it's kinda stupid the way that works in this game because you can lose happiness in pvp. So if its max happiness, and faints in pvp you then have to go kill a wild poke with it before you que for another pvp match... what's the point? Lol

Or do you actually mean the duration of time you've owned the poke? I don't think theres any way for the game to possibly read that and allow/disallow you to mega evolve based on it.

I wish I could +1 this idea but this is clearly inadapted to PRO.

The main reason is that PRO is a MMO-based game (unlike the official Pokemons games). It means that the economy is a huge part of the game, and bringing megas in it might help (and change) the economy as stated above by @Bhimoso. We're not in a single-player / offline game.

A few examples of Pokemons that you would (probably) never hunt without megas :

Pidgeot, Electrike, Buneary, Swablu, Mawile, Weedle, Pinsir, Mareep, Treecko, Carvanha, Aron ...

> Those Pokemons will change/reflate the economy of the game and it just doesn't feel right to prevent players from it.

Don't forget that Megastones will NOT be tradable with other players. So this whole topic already has an "answer" = The Pokemons can be evolved without OT, but you'll need your own stone.

Edited by Keabu
  • Like 1

Many many people are going with the tip that says that only those pokes should mega evolve which have your ot.

Its a really bad idea.

Here's why -

1st There are many people who are VERY good at this game but have a bad luck in hunting

What about those?

They do have the authority to mega evolve but they don't have a good poke for that.

It would be a total nightmare for those people.

2nd what about those who have already bought epic pokes so they can use them with the mega evolve feature? All there money would be for nothing.

I think these 2 reasons are enough for that.

And one more thing

People are going with the anime saying that in the anime pokemons that have a strong bond with their trainers mega evolve.

Here's the thing

Many pokemons that were abandoned by others built strong relations with their new trainers, they still mega evolved.......

Even though the ot was different they mega evolved.....

Therefore the conclusion is that

If only those pokes with your ot can mega evolve feature comes....

It would be a TOTAL trash idea.

• Like 1

IMG_20201021_091210_resize_95.jpg

Hello everyone, seeing the upcoming arrival of mega evolutions to this wonderful game, I was thinking that it would be a good idea to be able to use mega evolutions just being the original trainers of the pokemon. According to me this would give more difficulty to the fact of being able to get them, making them something unique for each player, it would give them an interesting difficulty, in addition to going with the sense of mega evos in anime, where pokemon evolve by trust and affection they have for their trainer.

I would like to know what you think, greetings, a hug!

Awesome idea dude