Considering world quests

Norex

On this thread I want to share some of my feelings considering the current status of world quests. ( TL;DR below)

First of all I want to say that I am aware that world quests are supposed to be hard and I totally support that.

Me and probably the majoritiy enjoyed world quests when they were new as they were a unique way to get some missing legendary pokemon. Of course I dont know the numbers but I think a decent amount of players got all the legendary pokemon available through world quests by now.

This leads to the first problem I feel like there is with world quests. With every world quests more and more players are getting all the legendary pokemon which means less and less people are actually doing the world quests as the rewards outside of the legendary pokemon are simply too underwhelming for the effort you have to put in. Now there is the next "problem" within world quests, the effort.

Dont get me wrong here I like the fact that we have to put in effort to actually achieve a new legendary pokemon or even a hidden ability Dragonite. The fact though that hours of effort can just be for nothing because the world quest could not finish is enough for many players to not even try for the mysterious ticket. Now I know that if those people would try most world quests would probably finish but then again can you really blame them for not trying after they wasted their time for potentially multiple times or because they already own all the legendary pokemon?

Another thing are the actual spawns of the world quests, hunting 8 hours for Heatmor or any other "irrelevant" pokemon just to find out the world quest will not finish just does not feel good in any way.

- Just to add: I am not talking about me here but about most people who actually finished the needed 900 IVs for the world quest. -

For the last point I want to mention the needed IVs for the world quest. I feel like 180.000 IVs would actually be fine if the pokemon people had to hunt had value in PvP or in another way or if the rewards for players who already caught all legendary pokemon were better.

Because of the mentioned reasons above I think less and less people will actually try for the mysterious ticket so 180.000 IVs is just too much and feels unachievable for a pokemon like Heatmor if everything stays the same.

You could say theres always another world quest with another pokemon but we cant ignore the fact that less and less people will try for world quests as more and more players get all the legendary pokemon there are to obtain through world quests. So increasing the required IV feels like the wrong thing to do at the moment. As things are now people who still need legendary pokemon "suffer" from the people who already have all legendary pokemon and do not need to do the world quest anymore because the needed IVs stay the same but less people are doing it.

Now lets talk about solutions.

- The required IVs could be decreased in a way that it is possible to catch a new legendary pokemon with the same difficulty as players could as world quests were new in the game.

- Another way could be a change to the rewards, players who already have all legendary pokemon could get access to an NPC who rerolls the IVs of a legendary pokemon obtainable via world quests. Players who achieved the 0.5% on a failed world quest get a ripped ticket which can be exchanged for a mysterious ticket if you have 2-3 ripped ticket parts.

I am sure there are many other ways to improve world quests for the community so feel free to share your opinions on this thread.

TL;DR

Problems:

- More people have all legends -> less people doing WQ because of bad rewards outside of legends.

- Less people going for WQ because they wasted time on a failed WQ in the past; got nothing for hours of effort.

- Bad spawns like Heatmor are especially hard because people are scared of wasting time on an irrelevant pokemon more than on a PvPable pokemon they could use/sell even if WQ fails.

- 180k IVs potentially too high for current status of WQ.

Solutions:

- Decrease required IVs

- Give players who own all legends an NPC to reroll a legend from world quests once.

- Players with 0.5% on a failed WQ get a ripped ticket which can be exchanged for a mysterious ticket once you have 2-3 ticket parts.

• Like 17

+1 to the given ideas. Reducing the pokemon pool or changing it would be nice. Nobody wants to hunt something useless that literally benefits us for 0 because it's bad in both PvE and PvP and it's just a waste of time if the World Quest is not completed. Otherwise, decrease the IV requirement. When I saw it, I just didn't even want to try participating on this one and I'd rather sit and help out in Help chat.

If it were a possibly good PvE and PvP pokemon (Deino, for example), I'd love to spend the 24 hours hunting and trying to get as many as possible. But hunting an extremely uncommon pokemon, with atleast Sinnoh E4 required with MS (and thank Walross he disabled the MS and spawned an outbreak in route 4 to compensate lol), in an extremely high IV requirement where we don't get anything if the quest is not complete and we just wasted 24 hours hunting a useless pokemon such as Heatmor... it feels so bad.

It just feels like a complete waste of time, even if we got a good one. It's still an unusable pokemon in all possible situations. We're hunting for something which has no real use in PRO with an absurdly hard requirement (where we had to get help from Walross lol) with no safety that we'll get anything in exchange.

Aside from that point, I really suggest the pokemon pool is changed. As far as I'm concerned, this pool is random. Some pokemon should just be left out IMO and a lot of pokemon's spawns should be changed or fixed. I don't think Aron should be a tier 8 pokemon everywhere, it should be a tier 6-7 as a max in Hoenn. I'm fully aware it will now have an usage with his Mega form, I just never understood why some pokemon like Shinx or Aron are so uncommon when they were common pokemon in their original versions and had no real use in PvP (until Aron became usable, for example). I'm also fully aware Aron wouldn't then be an eligible pokemon for World Quest.

Extra issue: the fact that some pokemon have a repel and 10+ spawns while others only have 2 is quite a rip. Understandable somewhat since Heatmor is gen 5.

Route 4 spawn is only temporary due to outbreak.

1174367492_Sinttulo.thumb.png.a906f59bc2acc85184f430b867d5b010.png

Edited by Bhimoso

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

I agree to these ideas but a clarification on some is needed

the old world quests used to only need like 90-100k ivs and they would always get completed easily and many people wouldn't get a chance to participate because there was no time, now with the higher 180k requirements there's more of a hunting aspect, and not just a get 5 and you're done, the reroll idea I think is nice, because it's not a legendary, but it's a different version of an old one, my comment about the ticket no matter what, it's a server event, not a single player hunting event, if they wanted you to hunt 10 pokemon and turn them in once a month for a free reroll/legendary they could, but this is a server even so it's everyone that has to contribute to the community goal

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

+1

180k IV is way too high. Can we go back to 90k IV minimum and 101k IV maximum please?

got nothing for hours of effort

This can also apply even if the WQ is completed and the player is expecting a legend this time - I'm very sure no one likes it when they took time and effort (and even pokedollar, in case of repel trick spawns), only to receive a bad pseudo in return again and again, instead of a legend. It's practically nothing, no reward, since you can't even sell an already fully evolved but not max level bad pseudo. Nobody would bother with it, so it would just get released. And it can potentially deter the players from doing WQ again.

IMO, a bad pseudo isn't even worth it to be called as "consolation prize", considering the effort it took to get the island ticket. If the pseudo is guaranteed to hold something valuable like a reroll ticket, it would have been a lot better, and suits the effort it took to complete the WQ.

I also agree with Bhimoso, the pool of WQ target really needs to be looked at and modified. Remember how staffs need to force a Golett outbreak on silver just so the WQ can be completed, due to how bad the spawn was? No all time spawn, no repel trick, and the non-MS spawn is in a place with lots of low tiers.

Also, some Pokemon have their best spawn be MS only. If Walross is online when the WQ is up, then nice, he can disable the MS requirement for the WQ duration. But what if he's not online? Only MS players would bother doing the WQ, reducing the amount of player doing the WQ. This was the case with Foongus WQ. Doesn't help that Foongus' best spawn was in a map that has many low tiers, so even with repel trick, it still feels like hunting a T9 instead of T7. Foongus' only other spawn, which is non-MS, is T8 in Safari Zone. Obviously, no non-MS player bother with it. IIRC, it took more than 12 hours for Foongus WQ to complete. And that's Foongus, a Pokemon whose evolution was meta. What if it's not a meta Pokemon, like Heatmor? Even less would bother with the WQ.

Sure, the spawn for Golett and Foongus might be appropriate. But they're not appropriate as WQ target at all.

Edited by Starlight

if they wanted you to hunt 10 pokemon and turn them in once a month for a free reroll/legendary they could, but this is a server even so it's everyone that has to contribute to the community goal

I see where you are coming from, but I would just make the reroll earned from WQ untradable. That way the economy won't suffer and people that already have all legendaries still have a reason to particpate. Also that way the high 180k IV can remain. It's just a problem right now, because less people are participating since they already have all legendaries.