Recognition

Nab

I am not too much of a fan if there are rewards involved generally as I can only see this ending in a drama.

But I wouldn't be against a similar "voting" system as in league of legends for PRO. We could give users the option to give every player a vote out of a few options.

"Helpful player", "Fun to play with" and "Great PvP player" could be potential options. Every option could have an icon. The icons and vote counts could be displayed in the trainer card.

Not really sure about it overall but that's maybe an option for the future.

I would love this system for the people that are always helping in help chat in Gold. Atdhe, P3dro, Funkymummy... they deserve some recognition and even if it's small, it would be cool to have their name changed into a different colour, a small badge next to their name, or anything small with no real effect that other players could see, not just themselves. +1 to the idea.

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

Honestly, I like this idea in general, even though I dont feel that rewards are neccesary. I also agree with Eaty's idea and I feel that a monthy voting system would just make the whole thing very based on bias. Overall, its a nice concept and i guess it would be nice to see that people like me are able to make a positive impact on the community in our own way.

+1

• Like 1

I think this is a great idea. Players who help out in the help chat are awesome, but I think rewarding those players chosen via whatever voting system with a small icon beside their name or changing the color of their name is not a good idea, especially if the voting system is biased.

Don't get me wrong, they do deserve recognition, but that can be done with other things like an icon on their trainer card that is rewarded privately and not in the chat where anyone can see.

If i'm going to be honest, i'm just afraid that this "Icon" or "Badge" beside their names will get to their heads and make them feel better than anyone else that wants to help in the help chat, giving a feeling of superiority to those who have it.

That and I've also seen a few active helpers in help chat act passive-aggressive towards a mod that's trying to answer, for no reason at all. Yes, I've seen that happen more times than I needed to unfortunately, and i'm sure others have as well.

To add to all that, this may potentially make the help chat a competition to see who could answer the most questions, or to see who can answer the fastest, and not out of willingness to help.

I'm aware that not everyone is like this though, and that they genuinely want to help. Of course, this is only my opinion on what I think about the suggestion and rewards. Please don't take it the wrong way.

TL;DR : +1 on the voting system as long as it isn't biased, -1 on having icons beside the player name as a reward or type of recognition because of the reasons stated above.

Thanks and have a great day.

• Like 2