PvP Timer Change - Give us your opinion!

Eaty

• Developer

Hello, due to many problems and time stall potential it's time to change the timer.

We decided for an overall timer of five minutes and then 15 seconds for every move. It's activated by default and not adjustable.

Please give us your opinion only about the timers and if you agree or would like to change them.

Also, do you want it in ranked battles only? Or friendly and ranked battles?

UPDATE: https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/index.php?threads/pvp-timer-change-give-us-your-opinion.156120/post-854158

Edited by Eaty
  • Like 5

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

+1 to timer change

mabye ability to turn it off in friendly battle, if both players agree?

1.PNG.b002dcf4453de205c39c5093def3df69.PNG

-1 for in this format,

I think a better timer would be, every turn is 15 seconds, once you are over that 15seconds then you start to eat into the 5 minute timer.

so

Start . . . . .Time taken . . . . . . pool left 5:00

Turn 1; . . . 75 Seconds . . . . . pool left 4:00 (60 seconds used, 75-15)

Turn 2; . . . 14 Seconds . . . . . pool left 4:00 (turn was under 15 seconds, pool not used)

Turn 3; . . . 30 Seconds . . . . . pool left 3:45 (15 seconds used, 30-15)

ect

Edited by Allsmell
  • Like 11

A-Z Pokémon Shop Gold - Open     Shiny Shop Gold

Discord: Allsmell#8974      

Love the idea too many people abuse the timer when they start to lose battles also 15 seconds is a bit short in case someones internet lags they might lose the battle in that short of timer maybe 30-45sec plus there should he seconds added each turn like showdown because if not there will be some teams at a higher advantage than other teams meaning that teams thay require thought will be forced to click too fast at the end of the 5min in the 15 sec zone and will mess up while teams like rain h.o. can easily click that fast because less thought is required. So adding time each turn is only fair

Edited by Kboww
  • Like 1
Untitled-05-09-2022-12-43-05-2.png.79a929dd72157cb9683de4c02e781e4f.pnghxjr2a.png

I think the timers currently are too long, but why an overall timer? I just think moving the timer from 90 seconds to like 20 or 30 seconds would be all you need to do. You don't want to remove stall teams completely IMO. I feel 5 min and 15 might be a little harsh on the too fast side.

15 seconds seems a bit short, seeing as some people like to do the calculations for moves, I think 30-45 seconds would be more optimal for that, with a plentiful amount of time to decide a move, and enough time to do the calculations and predict switch ins

• Like 3

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif