Ban aegislash from pvp

Anurag2006

It's interesting how the players with no respectable success in pvp are smacking the - (minus) on their comments.

To make things clear, the only time I had a problem facing Aegislash (to some extent) was when the opponent was skilled enough to use it properly (Swaglordx from above). It could be argued that for the same reason Greninja isn't considered to be broken in PRO, although it should've been banned a long time ago. I definitely don't want a new 'Gren' roaming in the fields of PRO pvp, as it's obviously unhealthy for the meta to thrive. That being said, a solid + for the ban of either king's shield or the entire mon from my side

• Like 4

-1 sorry this will be a long post ::EeveeShy: after reading this post and seeing how and why ppl strugle vs it i thought to post this on how i deal with it with around a 80-90% winrate vs teams with aegislash ( 21-3 after aegislash is playable)

considering no pokemon in pro will have perfect ivs these calculations may differ from the actual damage these pokemons can do and are based on perfect ivs and on sets

calculations are without hazzards, hazzards in play will make a huge difference on both sides

offensive pokemons that can deal with aegislash:

Bisharp:

will always defeat it with a knock off since it fully resists the attack drop from from kings shield + it will always be faster then aegislash so you wont get hit by fighting moves

(252+ Atk Black Glasses Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 306-362 (117.2 - 138.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO)

excadrill:

252 Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 254-300 (97.3 - 114.9%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

Garchomp-offensive:

252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 246-290 (94.2 - 111.1%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

darma (after kingshield drop):

-2 252 Atk Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 204-240 (78.1 - 91.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Malamar contray

it benefits from king hield attack drop and increases its attack my 2 stages instead and gets hit neutral my all of aegislashes attacks

Diggersby

immune to ghost type moves and is faster then aegislash

( almost any special attacking fire pokemons that arent hit super effective by aegislash)

some mega pokemons can deal with it but im not trying to compare non-mega vs mega pokemons

defensive mons that can wall aegislash:

few things to keep in mind:

1.any foul play user that resists its most used moves: iron head - shadow claw - shadow sneak - secret sword, shadow ball , flash cannon due to foul play ignoring your attack kings shield will be useless vs your pokemon

2. pokemons that are faster and have acces to will o wisp

3. taunt users that resist aegislash most used moves ( kings shield doesnt block status moves)

4. the difficulty of knowing what set it plays and acting accordingly

5. encore will lock it into using that move ( kings shield doesnt block status moves)

Mandibuzz (foul play lets it negate kingshield att drop):

252+ SpA Life Orb Aegislash-Shield Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 44 SpD Mandibuzz: 51-61 (12 - 14.4%) -- possible 7HKO

252+ Atk Aegislash-Blade Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 200+ Def Mandibuzz: 111-131 (26.2 - 30.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

252+ Atk Aegislash-Blade Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 200+ Def Mandibuzz: 111-132 (26.2 - 31.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

sd slash vs foulplay: 252+ Atk Mandibuzz Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 144-170 (55.1 - 65.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

quiet/rash:

252 Atk Mandibuzz Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 132-156 (50.5 - 59.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

its the onlymon that can wall any set of aegislash that i can think off, beside that ill list some mons that can wall aegislash per set.

Hippowdon (impish) (13 speed ivs or lower =112 speed):

the reason why 13 ivs or less , its due to aegislash speed in pro its minimum speed will be 113 for that reason when it wants to attack you you move after he has changed into blade form.

252 SpA Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 144 SpD Hippowdon: 160-189 (38 - 45%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

due to you moving after he changes forms hippo is able to defeat aegislash:

0 Atk Hippowdon Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Blade: 410-486 (126.5 - 150%) -- guaranteed OHKO

hippo walls both special / physical sets of aegislash

as for walling mixed sets it can be tough but you can scout most of the time what set it will play by the use of protect

if it uses a special attack its most likely a mixed aegislash , if it used sowrds dance it cant run any special moves or it will be walled

with all that said i think there are enough pokemons to deal with aegislash and shouldnt be banned because of that the list can be extended but it would make to post way to big

overall ground is one of the most used move types along with fire type moves which will defeat aegislash

the problem lies with many players not being able to deal with it since its new and don't know how to play around it properly and the difficulty or figuring out what set it is and acting accordingly

i agree that you must play some mons you dont like/want to play and around it

at last im not a ladder but have been in the competetive pokemon scene for about 8 years and can completely understand why players want it banned

edited text is writen like this

Just adding more precision to your numbers.

Add flash cannon Aegislash on attack vs Mandibuzz Carefull.

252+ SpA Life Orb Aegislash-Blade Flash Cannon vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Mandibuzz: 148-175 (34.9 - 41.3%) -- 4.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

The point is, Aegislash will easylli be the heart of all metagame in PRO, because of two points:

1. It's a pokemon extremily versatile, he can be a good wallbreaker, late sweeper, checker / wall a lot of wallbreakers and sweepers.

2. It's extremely easy to fit in a team because of your type (steel ghost), and strong synergi defensive and offensive with a lot of Tier A pokemons in metagame: Landorus, Clefable, Azulmarill, Mega Gardevoir, Gliscor, Mega Venu, Kommo-o, Mega Zard Y;

In other words, you can use Aegislash in any strategy and team.

This pokemon is very strong for this metagame and will be the focus of all teams (counters or abuses), because this he needs a ban in my opinion.

The same point happened with Dracovish in Gen08 OU, players decided to ban this pokemon because all metagame are builded around him, not because he doesn't have checkers and answers (by the way, Dracovish have less synergi and versatile that Aegislash and more checkers in his metagame, and get a ban likewise)

• Like 2

You could have just said that none of those "checks" could offensivly switch into either a substitute or a attack that either one shot them or 2hit ko,every single one of them is threthened by scarfed sets. None of the deffensve checks can switch in on either a substitute or a toxic which would cripple their ability to "check" it for the rest of the game. And none of those "checks" can trap it from comming in later again and do repeat the scenario. The only check that is the least punishing to use is malamar, but then 1/6 of your team is a malamar.

Oh and those "faster pokemon with wisp", please define them because scarfed sets speed creep above serperior,

Edit:+2 252+ Atk Aegislash-Both Gyro Ball (81 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Malamar: 357-421 (94.9 - 111.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO this is a +2 gyro ball,

Edited by EvilProtagonist
  • Like 1

But those senarios the pokemon in question dont have fricking stance change and kings shield with a movepool as large as your mums mcdonald menu.

LMFAO 10/10 best argument so far.

I hope we get a staff response, this thread is becoming long. I'm just interested in the outcome (I don't give my opinion and abstain from it because I'm a complete noob at pvp)

• Like 2

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

Bro, even h.a. blaziken can be countered same for lando-i and genesect.....and almost all the mons...but still they are banned for a reason...you shouldn't say something like "if you can't counter it you are not good in pvp" even the best player can lose to it if he/she doesn't have a pokemon in the team that can counter it......so please don't say such immature stuff

It will eventually get banned, you are just rushing it. Atleast let me use it once xd.

Edited by Kingbaaz