Mega Evolutions Megathread: Second Wave! Guide in progress (draft)

Bhimoso

Alright, I can finally do the Latias and Latios mega stones quest after finishing my char x.

From what I got, you need to bring 2 pokemon, 1 which has fly as the move. Then, after talking to the professor in the first floor, you'll be in the Cloudy Path.

The first thing you will see is Latias and Latios together in the same place. Then, when you talk to any of them, you'll start a fight with them. After you beat the two of them, they will run away and you need to follow them. This goes on for 5 times, then you'll be faced with 4 lines.

I've done it twice, and they also pick the same path. I follow the path picked by the duo and I'm safe. Don't know if the path differ to everybody or there'll be anything happened if you pick the other path.

Then you'll fight them once again, they ran away again, but this time when you try to chase them, you got stopped by Emerald which use 2 pokemon; Volcarona and Mega Gengar.

After you beat him, go after the duo again and fight them again one more time. This time you'll see two path; one to the left, and one to the right. There's a sign before the left path saying something about greed, forgot to capture or write it out, and the right path is blocked if you haven't fight the duo in that place. This time, the duo is faster than my pokemon, they might actually grow stronger after every time you fight them. After fighting them, they run away to the right path. This time, you'll see them facing each other, the one you talk to will be the one who'll go mega. I talk to Latias, so Latias going mega in the next battle. After beating them, take your well-earned mega stones (yes, you got both at the same time) and you can go to the sparkly-thing in the end-path or try going to the left path, you'll never know what you will find there (literally).

That conclude the Latias/Latios mega stones quest

We now have it fully updated and the guide is now 99% complete. You can comment any details to finish editing or fixing mistakes 🙂 I'll be working on another guide meanwhile that I will try to upload later today.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

So apparently there is another factor to the Mega Absol quest since mine doesn't have a low iv attack stat or ivs for the most part. It's either also dependant on nature or speed stat in some way.fdb527bbf1f657c6fe60a4f6b4f14174.png

jiraiya-gif-11.gif

“When people get hurt,

they learn to hate… When people hurt others,

they become hated and racked with guilt.

But knowing that pain allows people to be kind.

Pain allows people to grow…

And how you grow is up to you.” – Jiraiya

Bonus info on Hoenn Mega Starter quest~

The number of retries you get for a Pokemon depends on the various stats of your Pokemon:

• 1 base retry.
  • Every 35 total IV points gives +1 retry, theorically up to +5 at 175 IV total.
  • +1 retry for each of the following achieved: Over 240 happiness, 510 total EVs, level 100.
  • Shiny or special form gives +2 retries.
  • The total amount of retries cannot go below 2 retries.

This means that the theorical maximum amount of retries you can have is 11 retries, although you would more likely reach 7-8 retries with a fully trained good catch. 

You also gain one more retry everytime you win a round. As such, even a bad Pokemon will still be able to benefit from retries if you know the strategy for the first few rounds!

Edited by Shizeria
  • Like 3

On 11/16/2020 at 8:07 AM, Bhimoso said:

Mega Lopunny

Mega Loppuny's Quest begins in Amity Square, Hearthorne City, Sinnoh.

You must bring a Female Lopunny at level 100 (unconfirmed if Cute Charm ability is needed).

Talk to the Shiny Mega Lopunny in Amity Square. Find the three Lopunny hidden all over Sinnoh.

Hidden locations for them;

First one is in Jubilife City's School: it's behind one of the bookcases.

Second is in Mt Coronet Summit: It's above the cave you come out if you try to get the Dig Spots.

Third is in Floaroma Meadow, near the Honey House.

Then, go to Amity Square and talk to Lopunny to begin the Beauty Contest.

You must bring your Lopunny to the contest. It must be your OT. It has to have the ability Cute Charm, be female, have the moves Charm, Baby-Doll Eyes, Teeter Dance and Sweet Kiss, Jolly nature and with a Silk Scarf equipped. Unknown if the nature and held item change anything. It can be a trash Lopunny. Submit the Lopunny. If you win, you'll be awarded with a Megastone. If you lose, there will be a cooldown of 24 hours to try it again.

Here is the list of beauty related moves: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Category:Beauty_moves

This section needs a bit of update XD

Here's how it should be written:

You must bring a Female Lopunny, level and IV does not matter, but it needs OT, Cute Charm ability, Jolly/Gentle Nature, and have the moves Charm, Baby-Doll Eyes, Teeter Dance and Sweet Kiss.

Talk to the Shiny Lopunny in Amity Square. Find the three Lopunny hidden all over Sinnoh.

Hidden locations for them:

- First one is in Jubilife City's School: it's behind one of the bookcases.

- Second is in Mt Coronet Summit: below the cave you come out from if you try to get to the Dig Spots through the shortcut, there's a tree and a short stairs, the Lopunny is in front of a stone below the tree.

- Third is in Floaroma Meadow, near the Honey House.
You have to talk again to the Shiny Lopunny in Amity Square every time you found one Lopunny. Otherwise the next hidden Lopunny won't show up.
Once you find all three, go to Amity Square and talk to Lopunny to begin the Beauty Contest. Show your Lopunny, and if you win, you'll be awarded with a Lopunnite.

Edited by Starlight
  • Like 1