[Feedback - Megathread] XMAS Event 2020 ❄

Shinohara

8 minutes ago, Rednaks said:

Personally I liked the event in global even tho I have some bad thoughts on some aspects. I was excited when I saw the trailer and the storyline reached my expectations. (8/10)

The quest was fun to do (even if it's hard) but my only issue is that it was extremely hard for newbies (nearly impossible to complete). (7/10)

the effort/reward is average (5/10) as the only noticeable reward was keldeo, unlike halloween event where we had more side quests to do, so more rewards.

this leads me to say that the quest is pretty short and you get bored easily after finishing it. 
So as a global appreciation is 6.75/10 but I appreciated the effort done especially for the storyline.

Keep up the good work.✌️

We also gift 3 full cosmetics set, a reroll ticket after 20 wins vs Elmer + Keldeo and you guys are still able to do side quest from 2019 to earn xmasCurrencie to buys some cosmetics.

Edited by WhiteBaron
  • Haha 1

lsqu.jpg

Bugs Report Center

Client Bugs - Pvp Bugs - Npc's/Quests Bugs - Mapping Bugs

Use the proper Subforum so others can share their knowledge and help.

@Kimap

Pearl, Big Pearl, Nugget, Rare Candies and few others items are hidden on the maps with daily and weekly respawn.

It has been done in a way that if you're curious enough, you'll not loose money cause of the Aero Airlines.

You may even be surprised by making some economy with them!

Enjoyment:  Overall, I enjoyed the event.  The main quest was challenging, but not too hard.  The spawns in the new Matsuki areas were really nice.  I found myself spending a lot more time farming there than the Evergreen areas.  A couple more new Xmas forms this year would've been nice, but at least we got a few new pokemon to add to the dex.  The 7500 fee to enter the event area seemed a little too much for me.  It doesn't really affect late game players as much but for people still going through story that's quite a bit that could otherwise be spent on things like subway, bike, cerulean cave, etc. 

Quest Difficulty:  Some of the battles were a bit tough for newer players, particularly the mountain and forest bosses.  Finding the random switches in the forest section was annoying, as it took a lot of trial and error.  I wish it was changed to some sort of riddle that could actually be solved.  With that being said, I thought the difficulty seemed fair considering you get a legendary at the end of it all.

Story/Lore:  I don't really follow the lore enough to provide constructive feedback on this.

Effort/Reward Ratio:  For the main Keldeo quest I thought it was fine.  I think the few cosmetic rewards during the quest was a nice addition.  That way even players that might not complete the whole thing still get something out of it.  The rare candies from battling Elmer boss were also nice, but I was a little disappointed with the final reward after 20 wins.  Reroll tickets are useful, but there's already several other ways to get them already.  I was kind of hoping for a more unique item/cosmetic like the Halo from the daily boss in last year's Xmas event.

Edited by jordan110

Just some small things I wanted to quickly comment on.

Monotype Boss - Loved this, was fun to make monotype teams

Greninja/Arcanine/Breloom Clothes - These are awesome, we love them

The boss with Char X and Greninja - Many people got stuck here and frustrated, even experienced players

Spawns - Very solid

Edited by DeIta

All in all it was a pretty good event. The story was good and i enjoyed back story given on Nikola. I also enjoyed the hunting spots and reward for the quest.

What i didn't like was the fact that we had to pay to get to the event map. Terrible idea, it was 5k then it got raied to 7.5k....terrible terrible idea. I really hope its not the new norm for all future events.

Going to the courtyard is annoying because the guards don't despawn after completing the quest. 

Lastly was the Christmas gift. i had no idea i should have talked to Nikola to finish the quest and because of that my gift items weren't as good. Honestly that part left a bad taste in my mouth.

Over all i rate it 6/10

23 minutes ago, WhiteBaron said:

We also gift 3 full cosmetics set, a reroll ticket after 20 wins vs Elmer + Keldeo and you guys are still able to do side quest from 2019 to earn xmasCurrencie to buys some cosmetics.

well that's true. As I said I globally loved it

I overall enjoyed the event, not gonna lie, either the quest and spawns were okay; the only thing i didn't really like was the fee to enter the event map, players that invest their money in the 'train ticket' should't pay anything more to travel in my opinion. 

Thanks for the content, hope we will get more and better in the future! 

• Like 1

1. As a hunter-i love point about xmas forms..but! I have 50+ xmas common form..sadly its annoy.But its about random and i still get some rare xmas form) But like i say before -as a hunter- i love this point)

Good spawns. Good that u back Evergreen) Now im living here with hound)

2.Quest..not for newbee. If u new-u cant walk quest,couse some part not easy. But if u have friend who can help u- dont see any problem with this) (Magnusx thanku for help<3 )

3.About story..well.. for 5 years in pro..weak part of event(  its just for my opinion and my feeling about this.just mine.

4. Reward ratio...i still dont get one thing-why everyone get different xmas presents?)  (i was a good girl in this year.where is my gift? ))) ) But im happy to get Keldeo anyway)

I wanna say to everyone thank for this event) Wish a lot of money and love) Be healthy and happy<3

With love from Russian player<3

Edited by Kisywa