[Feedback - Megathread] XMAS Event 2020 ❄

Shinohara

I have some thoughts:

1) The third part released last days of the event has no sense.

2) Maze quest is boring and so long, click everthings in random way with no tips is stupid tbh.

3) Only 4 new xmas form with 3 new pokes added (Rockruff, Dhelmise, Wishiwashi) u could add their forms, cuz except for the dex they are useless.

Not the best event tbh, the map is cool but the rest is boring...

Vote 4.5/10

• Like 1

Enyoment
the whole map was amazing designed and the story was nice (MVP for the dude who made the Noctowl dialoge was really GOOHOOD)
Quest
was a little to long and some of the npc to hard for beginner to beat (f.e. mega venu dude) i would have prefered the look-for-lever part on another map then the forrest the wailord part was amazing really like that and most of the new costumes are cute too otherwise the quest was easy to understand
reward
a new legendary is always nice think thats awesome
little sad tho with the santa gift a xmas present for the player community should not come with requirements

The Quest was super nice overall , The maze part was a bit hard(hints)  but interesting 

Some trainers Battle were complicated too like the Guy with Charizard X Lead his pokemon was super bulky (Kinda Hard for New players)

Rewards were nice .

• Enjoyment: Enjoyment wise it was mixed. The quest was fun to do (minus the hunting in the forest for the right triggers - would've been better if there were riddles, hint, clues etc. something to point to what you were meant to do) and while the quest was a decent length for a quest the fact that it was the only quest to do made the event less fun very quickly as all that was left after was hunting pokemon.
  • Quest Difficulty: The quest was the right amount of difficulty in my opinion, there were some challenging bits but overall wasn't too difficult to put people off it.
  • Story/Lore perspective: I liked the story, it was new and nothing was reused from previous events so even old players such as myself had something new to do and not know what was going to happen.
  • Effort/Reward Ratio: The xmas gift was nice. There wasn't anything big in there but enough to make it nice. The Elmer boss though, I did not like the way it was done. The mono teams were great, mono battles are my favourite so I was really pleased to see that but the having to do it so often to get a good reward wasn't good in my opinion, granted it wasn't everyday you needed to but it was still too much having to log on and go there so often to battle him to be rewarded. Not everyone can log on so often and if you lose then it's even longer you've got get on to do it.

"Corsica Island is coming soon. Corsica Island is the third and final part of PRO's Christmas Event of 2020, and is well on it's way. The map is in testing, and side quests are being coded ready for it's release."

The event, although it is true, was innovative, bringing us to the God Keldeo and many very nice farming spots, I think it fell short in rewards, as for the Christmas gift it has many bugs, for example, they say that they give you 10-20 Pve coins but in reality they are ghosts since no matter how much you relogue they do not appear. Btw 2021 and I'm still waiting for Corsica Island 😪.

I think if they had taken better advantage of the Christmas occasion by adding these Pokemon, the event would have been one of the best
- Vanillite T7
- Amaura T8
- Turtonator
- Crabawler 
- Komala with skin christmas

Edited by Chaosknigth
  • Like 3

I think the event itself was great and the trainer fights were feasible. The difficulty was not excessive but it might've been difficult for newbie players to beat some of the bosses (I even saw experienced players struggle through it, honestly). I do not think it should be changed, though. Elmer boss' idea is amazing and the reward of having a Keldeo is worth the effort to get through it all.

I'm only annoyed slightly by the "find the three levers" part. Other users found it really confusing, unlike all other parts of the quest, which were well-constructed and organised. You only had to read the dialogue to progress without any issues. I think Keldeo was a good enough reward for it. (And the hunting spots!)

I'd rate it an 7,8/10, too many pokemon to calm down in the Wastelands. (Now seriously, 7/10, it's an enjoyable quest. The maze part is the weak part imo.)

Edited by Bhimoso
  • Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

Enjoyment  a Solid 9/10
The countless areas to farm in the new island was def the high point as well as adding new gen 7 Pokemon to farm.  The monotype boss was very fun to fight and even taught people who never knew what was monotype.  The mega hunt that was going on during the event made more people want to farm and play which is always a plus to have more people on.  I had a great time with the event.

Quest Difficulty (1 being easy 10 being hard)   4/10
I didnt really have no trouble with it, the random part was actually my favorite part and hope to see more of it in the future.  Just something a guide wont tell you.  The hardest part of it was the Boss at the end.  Was very enjoyable to fight and defeat.  I had no trouble beating him first try with just a couple mons so maybe add a little more difficult options in the future for people who actually want something like that.

Story/Lore perspective  10/10
Gave us lore much needed on Nikoli and why hes so powerful as well a full fleshed out village of people with their own text boxes that range from a simple hello, to "lore here" 

Effort/Reward Ratio  a solid 8.5/10

The rewards are always nice in events like this.  Consisting in a optimal monotype boss you can farm for rc and later get a rr out of it, To a Legendary Keldeo.  There was also some hidden items such as rc scattered about that re spawned if people farmed it.  Perfectly balanced but still got to give it a 8.5 for not having a dig spot xd.  Still very worth it to do the event.

Overall score 9/10
The maps were beautiful (mappers really outdid themselfs with the village).  The story seemed pretty fleshed out, seemed like they worked really hard on this event,

20210516_215416.gif.0f5637474a7259a9f90d53025e5a8a7b.gif