SERIOUS FIX

Ta7esh

Ta7esh is right the solution to the problem is not to work harder but smarter implementing a reconnect system is at the very least a good band aid to the problem. The motivation to play on silver is very much dwindling for most of the players and is very sad. I will admit that the games cosmetics and money mean little to nothing towards the actual problem as the problem is that their isn't very great infrastructure in place for players to reconnect after a crash it just kicks you out of the game and you lose elo or worse an elusive Pokemon you have been hunting for hours or days just to have it crash in the vital moment you are trying to catch it in. The real problem is that whatever "fix" you find is not a permanent solution to the problem as more crashes are inevitable because of the games lack of server infrastructure.  I one thing is to be done it is to find a way to overcome this problem not just cover it up. If funds are what the game needs say it so we all can pitch in to make it happen, but its not enough to just say we are working on it at this point transparency of the problem is only fair to the loyal player-base that is sticking by the game in this time.

1 hour ago, FrostyjoeReborn said:

Ta7esh is right the solution to the problem is not to work harder but smarter implementing a reconnect system is at the very least a good band aid to the problem. The motivation to play on silver is very much dwindling for most of the players and is very sad. I will admit that the games cosmetics and money mean little to nothing towards the actual problem as the problem is that their isn't very great infrastructure in place for players to reconnect after a crash it just kicks you out of the game and you lose elo or worse an elusive Pokemon you have been hunting for hours or days just to have it crash in the vital moment you are trying to catch it in. The real problem is that whatever "fix" you find is not a permanent solution to the problem as more crashes are inevitable because of the games lack of server infrastructure.  I one thing is to be done it is to find a way to overcome this problem not just cover it up. If funds are what the game needs say it so we all can pitch in to make it happen, but its not enough to just say we are working on it at this point transparency of the problem is only fair to the loyal player-base that is sticking by the game in this time.

idk but to me, it sounds like the solution to your problem would be "don't play on silver"

and just to note, a reconnect system is a lot harder than it's often portrayed to be, it's not like a 5 minute code that needs to be made, otherwise it would already be done

Edited by g3n3r4l

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

• Developer
5 hours ago, FrostyjoeReborn said:

Ta7esh is right the solution to the problem is not to work harder but smarter implementing a reconnect system is at the very least a good band aid to the problem

Reconnect won't help for server crashes. it only helps when the server disconnects you or you disconnect from the server while it's still running.

4 hours ago, g3n3r4l said:

idk but to me, it sounds like the solution to your problem would be "don't play on silver"

and just to note, a reconnect system is a lot harder than it's often portrayed to be, it's not like a 5 minute code that needs to be made, otherwise it would already be done

Hi G3n,

Can we keep the comments relevant and productive. If you dont have a real added value post lets not post it, to avoid misleading the topic as its not a discord for casual discussion.

I am referring to you first comment about what does each mod do as we already settled down in the previous comment and now with " Dont play on silver ' as its no where as a real solution and YES for the 1M times no one is saying that the Reconnecting Feature is easy to implement if you have anything beneficial to add on this let us know otherwise I appreciate you participation.

Thank You,

9 hours ago, Eaty said:

I am trying my best. Debugging locally with tons of accounts to reproduce and fix bugs.

https://walrosskastanie.com/fba461ddc5a54ec069fa2ff8.mp4

I made big steps the last few days and hope to upload a stable version soon.

Also, we did not change servers at all. We reworked a lot in the code recently, really a lot and somewhat ended up with a memory corruption which is/was not easy to find. We checked every crash, every server stuck, every log. We did not decide to simply ignore the crashes but we also didn't want to revert the changes as it would have ended in us throwing away changes we worked on for months, several hours daily.

I am really sorry about the negative experience but I am sure it'll be a huge improvement once the bug is fixed and gives us the opportunity to do a lot we weren't able to do in the past. These reworks were also the reason we were able to add mega evolutions, Transform, Illusion and many other things that seemed impossible in the past.

Good to hear from you especially regarding the big steps you have achieved in the past few days, thank you for clarifying the point where the main cause of crash as I mentioned that it's definitely not a normal or regular code issue but rather on a memory or ram etc.. level.

We know that you didn't ignore the crashes, we were trying to propose different solutions within the circumstances, and a backup restore would definitely not be one.

Regarding you comment about reconnecting system, it is surely not the solution for crashes but rather a plus and we know how hard it is to be implemented but this could also help with this mili sec disconnect to make us avoid losing whatever we were doing in game. It's definitely not an easy feature but a worthy investment.

I hope that as aforementioned that the server will be resolved and our negative experiences will be transformed.

5 hours ago, g3n3r4l said:

idk but to me, it sounds like the solution to your problem would be "don't play on silver"

and just to note, a reconnect system is a lot harder than it's often portrayed to be, it's not like a 5 minute code that needs to be made, otherwise it would already be done

Why do you say nonsensical things?  You comment on things that do not lead to any logic

Edited by Liz

556692861_Untitled07-20-202207-54-08(6).png.25cd0edd14949987e568a5b18eb334ba.png

12 hours ago, Eaty said:

I am trying my best. Debugging locally with tons of accounts to reproduce and fix bugs.

https://walrosskastanie.com/fba461ddc5a54ec069fa2ff8.mp4

I made big steps the last few days and hope to upload a stable version soon.

Also, we did not change servers at all. We reworked a lot in the code recently, really a lot and somewhat ended up with a memory corruption which is/was not easy to find. We checked every crash, every server stuck, every log. We did not decide to simply ignore the crashes but we also didn't want to revert the changes as it would have ended in us throwing away changes we worked on for months, several hours daily.

I am really sorry about the negative experience but I am sure it'll be a huge improvement once the bug is fixed and gives us the opportunity to do a lot we weren't able to do in the past. These reworks were also the reason we were able to add mega evolutions, Transform, Illusion and many other things that seemed impossible in the past.

Let's give Devs some time ? I'm sure stable servers will be here soon.

It's no matter of only irl money , PRO never forced players to use their irl money on game.

• Developer
4 hours ago, Ta7esh said:

Regarding you comment about reconnecting system, it is surely not the solution for crashes but rather a plus and we know how hard it is to be implemented but this could also help with this mili sec disconnect to make us avoid losing whatever we were doing in game. It's definitely not an easy feature but a worthy investment.

In this case, reconnect as a feature would do literally nothing. It's not only not a solution but also would do literally nothing. It would be the exact same situation.

Reconnect only helps when the game server code is stable. Let's say you have an unstable connection to our servers or our physical proxy servers have problems then reconnect would help a lot but not when the game server code crashes.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Eaty said:

In this case, reconnect as a feature would do literally nothing. It's not only not a solution but also would do literally nothing. It would be the exact same situation.

Reconnect only helps when the game server code is stable. Let's say you have an unstable connection to our servers or our physical proxy servers have problems then reconnect would help a lot but not when the game server code crashes.

It's more understandable now, so basically what your saying is due to memory location that was misplaced its causing the server to fully crash to an extent of an outage, so if a reconnecting feature was implemented the api's that are pointing to the server will lose connection and it will not even do its proper function. which makes the same outcome, I assume by now you have checked the arrays .. for the source of errors so that you managed to identify that its a memory corruption.

Since you mentioned that you are using physical servers have you sent by any chance engineers to check the disks? as defected disks could also cause the same issue, other devices would also but its mainly the disk that can cripple a whole server... im not going to go into the space of HDD cause I am sure its checked by now.