Low cost Shop items suggestions and other item ideas.

Lyfr

It happens a lot to me that for some reason i manage to only have 5 coins left in my shop after buying things, and its a little disgusting to see sometimes, not a really big problem but well, lets go to the point. While i was seeing my 5 coins left and thinking, i thought on some possible new items that i would like to suggest that are low cost and some other mad ideas that went to my mind that at least i think are worth to mention, all related to shop items.

I know that some of them might be very bad ideas or extremely hard to code, specially the last ones, i didnt think a lot about details and possibilities to the items like unbalanced or broken things, just like 15 minutes to each one of them and i wanted to put everything i thought of here before i forget it.

So, stop talking and lets start with my ideas, please suggets any change that you might think its necesary to the items if for some reason they existed in the game and lets try find a way to fix them to be perfectly balanced or worth to buy as a last resource.

Black Medalion Shard  - 5 Coins cost

"A shard of a Black Medalion that seems to still have a little of its power left"

20%+ chance of finding wild pokemons with its hidden ability for the next 5 battles.

OR

20%+ chance of finding a wild pokemon with its hidden ability for the next battle. 5 uses.

Meowth's Fortune  - 5 Coins cost

"A Meowth seems to like you so it will look for extra pokedollars while you are battling!"

500%+ more pokedollars obtained for the next 5 battles. Only works with regular trainers and wild pokemon battles, effect will not go away if you run away of one or surrender.

This item is not tradeable.

Joy's Medkit - 5 Coins cost

"This Medkit is perfect and it has everything that you need, ¡you can heal your own pokemons now!"

Automatically heals your entire team just after the end of your next 10 battles. This effect will still be activated even if you run away of a wild pokemon battle.

OR

Heals your entire team. 3 uses. Can't be used while in battle.

Safari's Special - 10 Coins cost

"A meal made for pokemons that is said to make pokemons very strong"

Raises 252 EVs of a random selected stat between 3 of your election.

Example: I choose HP, DEF and SPDEF. The 252 EVs will raise in one of those stats.

Lost Feather - 5 Coins cost

"A feather that seems to be from a Pidgeot. You feel like a bird is watching you, and it wants to go on adventure!"

Lets you travel to any city of any region that you are champion of from anywhere. 10 uses. Cant be used if you're not champion of Hoenn league. Cant be used during night. 6 in-game hours cooldown.

Not suspicious rock - 10 Coins cost.

"Its just a rock and doesn't looks suspicious at all. For some reason, the strongest trainers tends to hate this rock."

Your next wild pokemon encounter will have a 100% chance to get its nature synchronized. 3 uses. Cant be used with spawned pokemons. Cant be used with pokemons given by bosses.

Copyrock - 20 Coins cost.

"A ditto has stayed on this rock for days, thats all you know"

Select an item from your bag and transform this Copyrock on the item selected. Cant be used on items acquired from Shop, PvE coin shop, PvP coin shop or special items rewards from bosses.

Magical Ribbon - 1 Coin cost.

"This ribbon is very popular for making gifts. You dont understand why is a ribbon."

Select an item from your bag and make a gift with it inside, then put a custom name to it, the Magical Ribbon will then be consumed. The gift can be used anytime to be opened.

This item is not tradeable. (The Magical Ribbon)

Thats all for the low cost items that are the main reason of why i do this suggestion. Now another 2 items that are pretty much a joke, but i think that they deserve a chance to be added to the game.

Mega Necklaxe - 50 Coin cost. Not tradeable.

"A mysterious neclaxe that seems to have some powerful connection with your mega bracelet"

Allows both you and your opponent mega evolve more than once during a battle. Only works in friendly battles. Only works once you have acquired 15 or more mega stones. Cant be acquired if you dont have a mega bracelet.

Z Necklaxe - 50 Coin cost. Not tradeable.

"This neclaxe makes Z stones bright stronger when they get close to it"

Allows both you and your opponent use Z-Moves more than once during a battle. Only works in friendly battles. Only works once you have acquired 8 or more Z-stones. Cant be acquired if you dont have Z-stones.
(for z-moves when it gets in to the game)

Just mad ideas from now on, that are just absolutely impossible or just innecesary in my opinion. Its not necessary for you to keep reading now.

Spoiler

"Especial Release Box" 250 coins

Can only be bought by a player that has donated.

Info of how many people bought this item in the last week should be shown.

Not tradeable.

"Release a pokemon, anyone can try to hunt it."

Select a pokemon from your party and release it in the current map you are, any player including yourself can try to hunt that single pokemon you released. The pokémon will stay for only 30 minutes and it will become tier 9. Can only be used in maps that has "Route" on its name. A message will appear in the chat box of every player that is in the map in the moment the pokémon is released with a link to its information. If the pokemon faints, it will go away. If a user rans away in a battle with the pokemon, it will go away. Can be used only once per month and thrice per week in the server. Gets consumed after use.

"Megaphone" 100 coins, only 5 stock in shop.
It restores every 2 weeks.

Not tradeable.

"Make everyone know this!"

Send a global message. Max 100 characters. There should be a mod online to check your message before for it to being send. Can be used only 5 times in the server every week. Gets consumed after use.

"Friendly Ditto" 500 coins, only 1 stock in shop.
It restores every 2 months.
Can only be bought during a WQ.

Not tradeable.

"The ditto knows how does the Mysterious Cultist's Boss looks like."

You can use this item to randomize the World Quest Pokémon that has been asked to hunt for again. Can only be used until 5 minutes has passed after the WQ started. Asked IVs will keep to be the same. Can only be used once per WQ in the server. Can only be used in the WQ at the start of the month. All travel methods in the server will be free for 5 minutes. Gets consumed after use.

"Battle Bot Jr" 200 coins

Not tradeable.

"This bot wants information about your pokemons and it loves to battle"

When you use this item, your current party will be saved in a team for the Battle Bot Jr. You can use this item again to battle Battle Bot Jr with the team you just saved on it. You can choose IA difficulty, being easy any regular battle with an NPC, and hard a battle where the bot can switch pokemons to improve its strategies for example. This item can only be used in a Pokecenter.

Thanks for reading, try to make suggestions too and ill try to add all the good ones to the post! I would love to see at least a couple of these items, cause i think it would be a little more fun for the game and maybe improve economy but not very sure of this last thing.

Edited by Lyfr
Changed Joy's Medkit uses
  • Like 1

+1 in general. I wont go in-depth too much since there a lot to go through.

I could see some things get introduced, especially the Black Medallion Shard is something that could be nice to have for some special encounters like a legendary, other one-time catches or pokemon bought from the PvE Coin Shop etc.

I like the idea of having 5 coin items because of some items currently leaving you with an irregular amount of coins, the medkit that would heal your entire party sounds nice, the usage amount would need to be tweaked because it is only 5 coins afterall

• Like 1

I project a storm

A whirlwind of gales and torrents

A cosmic array so vibrant

Born emerging from heat and flames

Tempered by violent rays ~

4 hours ago, Comrader said:

I like the idea of having 5 coin items because of some items currently leaving you with an irregular amount of coins, the medkit that would heal your entire party sounds nice, the usage amount would need to be tweaked because it is only 5 coins afterall

your right now that i think of it a little more 25/10 times is a lot, ill change it

Here are some concerns to address with these suggestions.

10 hours ago, Lyfr said:

"A Meowth seems to like you so it will look for extra pokedollars while you are battling!"

500%+ more pokedollars obtained for the next 5 battles. Only works with regular trainers and wild pokemon battles, effect will not go away if you run away of one or surrender.

This will first of all impact the economy in a bad way.

With the donator bonus active, and this 500% boost, you can easily make over 3000 per Pokemon in Cerulean Cave or other high-level spawn locations.

If something like this should exist, I would consider lowering it to 150% and cap the max Pokemon reward too 4000.

And, considering that some trainers will always give a high output rewards, even as regular trainers, it could cause a unstable economy since it only costs 5 Coins.

10 hours ago, Lyfr said:

Example: I choose HP, DEF and SPDEF. The 252 EVs will raise in one of those stats.

This will ruin the Ev training in general, which are an important factor to PRO and its economy.

Safari is a good way to EV train and is also serve as a good money sink. Whilst people also ask others to EV train for them, and pay a good sum for it. Which circles the economy.

If this should be a thing, you could freely choose to boost from 1 up to 63 on a particular value. Making it more expensive to use, and it won't ruin the EV training completely.

10 hours ago, Lyfr said:

"A feather that seems to be from a Pidgeot. You feel like a bird is watching you, and it wants to go on adventure!"

Lets you travel to any city of any region that you are champion of from anywhere. 10 uses. Cant be used if you're not champion of Hoenn league. Cant be used during night. 6 in-game hours cooldown.

This will completely remove the way to move around the game.

Teleportation, Saffron train station, or other methods that requires a payment, would be less used and less money drained from each player.

There is no way to implement this without it having somewhat a negative impact on the economy. Its a reason HM Fly is not available in-game.

10 hours ago, Lyfr said:

Not tradeable.

Send a global message. Max 100 characters. There should be a mod online to check your message before for it to being send. Can be used only 5 times in the server every week. Gets consumed after use.

This is impossible.

PRO has no good filter system, and I doubt that they could make one that would be completely flawless for such a thing.

This would sadly be abused to a point where it would only get removed.

Global messages should be solely used by PRO to promote important information.

10 hours ago, Lyfr said:

Not tradeable.

You can use this item to randomize the World Quest Pokémon that has been asked to hunt for again. Can only be used until 5 minutes has passed after the WQ started. Asked IVs will keep to be the same. Can only be used once per WQ in the server. Can only be used in the WQ at the start of the month. All travel methods in the server will be free for 5 minutes. Gets consumed after use.

I don't know why you would change the Pokemon, since the tier remains the same. And people don't hunt it, like they would with a "outbreak".

Its a reason its called "World Quest", its to submit a Pokemon, which gets deleted.

The way the World Quest works is that they select a Pokemon in a list with tier 8 or 9 pokemon at random.

Then a message appears in the in-game chat, a icon is displayed in-game and the Mysterious Cultist is activated.

After all this, someone MANUALLY posts a message on Discord, with the required IVs, Pokemon and which route its located in.

Changing a Pokemon, even if its less then 5 minutes since it started, the majority of players use Discord as their main source of information for PRO.

Also, people would already had spent a big sum of money to get to the area it spawns in (i.e travling from Kanto to Sinnoh, to hunt in Route 225, requires a lot of walking + boat expenses)

This would only serve as a big confusion for people and eventually they would hunt in two different places.

Because a majority of players would look at Discord once, go hunt. While others won't even know it changed.

Regardless if a message is posted in in-game chat, the only source for them to know it was changed, if they logged back in or server crashed, would be the Mysterious Cultist.

There are so many small things that would have to be looked over in order to make this even possible. Too much hassle.

As for the rest, they are okay. Some tweaks and they could be doable.

-1 to the ones I highlighted and commented on.

+1 to the rest

Edited by Electrocute4u
  • Like 1

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, Electrocute4u said:

This will first of all impact the economy in a bad way.

With the donator bonus active, and this 500% boost, you can easily make over 3000 per Pokemon in Cerulean Cave or other high-level spawn locations.

If something like this should exist, I would consider lowering it to 150% and cap the max Pokemon reward too 4000.

And, considering that some trainers will always give a high output rewards, even as regular trainers, it could cause a unstable economy since it only costs 5 Coins

yes your right this massive boost could be a little bit broken, as you say trainers gives way more pokedollars but i think it would be good to be in-game with limitations because its just that it could be funny to have a pokedollars boost besides ms, maybe a limit on how many you can buy every week or instead of 500% make it 300% or add a cap like you said. Considering a Coin Capsule is worth 400k generally, 5 coins would be worth 20k, as i know, you can get up to a max of 5k of pokedollars with a trainer battle so with a 500% pkdlrs boost(not counting the MS boost) it could be a little op because u could get 25k in best cases and its not the idea. I think that just reducing the boost, battles it work, or limited on how many you can buy in a week for example, is enough.

21 minutes ago, Electrocute4u said:

This will ruin the Ev training in general, which are an important factor to PRO and its economy.

Safari is a good way to EV train and is also a good money sink. Whilst people also ask others to EV train for them, and pay a good sum for it. Which circles the economy.

If this should be a thing, you could freely choose to boost from 1 up to 63 on a particular value. Making it more expensive to use, and it won't ruin the EV training completely.

comparing prices with the actual economy, a full ev train service could go between 25k to 50k, 10 coins are worth 40k if we suppose a CC is worth 400k and this item would give 252 EVs in only one stat so that means you would need 80k in order to fully ev train a pokemon instantly, it can also fail because normally people wnat its 500 EVs in only 2 stats, not 3, and it doesnt work for pokemons that needs a more specific ev train so i think its a good item for users that wants to use a pokemon asap or to give a useful ev to a pokemon before start lvl training it, i dont think it could hurt the economy that hard and i also decided to make the item not tradeable so it doesnt bother to ev trainers in trade chat.

27 minutes ago, Electrocute4u said:

This will completely remove the way to move around the game.

Teleportation, Saffron train station, or other methods that requires a payment, would be less used and less money drained from each player.

There is no way to implement this without it having somewhat a negative impact on the economy. Its a reason HM Fly is not available in-game.

less money drained from each player is a reality yes, and maybe it has a lot of uses, i think it could be a good one with 5 uses because its a fast traveling that normally lots of users might need in emergency for any case, but i decided to put cooldown and no night time use for making it more limited to use, and we have to take in count that train ticket exist, the ticket can actually save you without any doubt like 1m in travels during a month depending on how much you play

36 minutes ago, Electrocute4u said:

This is impossible.

PRO has no good filter system, and I doubt that they could make one that would be completely flawless for such a thing.

This would sadly be abused to a point where it would only get removed.

Global messages should be solely used by PRO to promote important information.

yes i know that its almost an impossible thing and thats why i typed it in a separated section of the post, but i dont think its that bad.

it shouldnt work with a filter, it should be checked with a mod because as you say its impossible to make a filter that works 100% perfectly

i thought on a limited stock every 2 weeks and that the item could ONLY be used 5 times in a whole week by the server users. I think that the thing that only people who has donated to the game are able to buy and use this is a massive player filter that will help a lot

i dont think that, in worst cases, 10 messages in 2 weeks would be a real problem, theres a lot of time in 2 weeks, a lot of different time zones with all the players that play the game so if a player wants for it to be a message that reach the most people, it will think at least 3 times about it before sending something.

But i think your right about the last thing, global messages should be used only to promote important info.

46 minutes ago, Electrocute4u said:

I don't know why you would change the Pokemon, since the tier remains the same. And people don't hunt it, like they would with a "outbreak".

Its a reason its called "World Quest", its to submit a Pokemon, which gets deleted.

The way the World Quest works is that they select a Pokemon in a list with tier 8 or 9 pokemon at random.

Then a message appears in the in-game chat, a icon is displayed in-game and the Mysterious Cultist is activated.

After all this, someone MANUALLY posts a message on Discord, with the required IVs, Pokemon and which route its located in.

Changing a Pokemon, even if its less then 5 minutes since it started, the majority of users looks at their the Discord channel message.

Which would have to be manually re-posted, if a player does change the Pokemon within the first 5 minutes.

This would only serve as a big confusion for people and eventually they would hunt in two different places.

The only way this could work if it had a automatic system and that the majority of players don't look at the Discord channel message.

your right the ditto would just cause chaos. not many comments about this. also seems like a nightmare to code and not a good idea at all, it would just get mods and maybe devs more work to do whe one is used. i thought on making it expensive because of this but its a bad idea afterall.

13 hours ago, Lyfr said:

"Especial Release Box" 250 coins

Info of how many people bought this item in the last week should be shown.

Not tradeable.

"Release a pokemon, anyone can try to hunt it."

Select a pokemon from your party and release it in the current map you are, any player including yourself can try to hunt that single pokemon you released. The pokémon will stay for only 30 minutes and it will become tier 9. Can only be used in maps that has "Route" on its name. A message will appear in the chat box of every player that is in the map in the moment the pokémon is released with a link to its information. If the pokemon faints, it will go away. If a user rans away in a battle with the pokemon, it will go away. Can be used only once per month and thrice per week in the server. Gets consumed after use.

This can easily be abused to easily hunt a pokemon, i wille explain if need be but i assume people everywhere know why. 

13 hours ago, Lyfr said:

"Battle Bot Jr" 200 coins

Not tradeable.

"This bot wants information about your pokemons and it loves to battle"

When you use this item, your current party will be saved in a team for the Battle Bot Jr. You can use this item again to battle Battle Bot Jr with the team you just saved on it. You can choose IA difficulty, being easy any regular battle with an NPC, and hard a battle where the bot can switch pokemons to improve its strategies for example. This item can only be used in a Pokecenter.

I dont really see a point in making battling ai with a custom team since it wont have a true effect on skill level since a bot will never make a double or predict.  Asking someone to play showdown would be a better use of time and money.  -1

14 hours ago, Lyfr said:

Not tradeable.

This would be pointless imo as 25$ -1

14 hours ago, Lyfr said:

So basically HM fly but you have to pay for it with irl money and 10 uses with a 6 hr cooldown per use?  Fly should never be implemented in pro imo since we have transportation options no matter the downsides it may have.

14 hours ago, Lyfr said:

Mega Necklaxe - 50 Coin cost. Not tradeable.

"A mysterious neclaxe that seems to have some powerful connection with your mega bracelet"

Allows both you and your opponent mega evolve more than once during a battle. Only works in friendly battles. Only works once you have acquired 15 or more mega stones. Cant be acquired if you dont have a mega bracelet.

Z Necklaxe - 50 Coin cost. Not tradeable.

"This neclaxe makes Z stones bright stronger when they get close to it"

Allows both you and your opponent use Z-Moves more than once during a battle. Only works in friendly battles. Only works once you have acquired 8 or more Z-stones. Cant be acquired if you dont have Z-stones.
(for z-moves when it gets in to the game)

Im not a coder but these would probably be very hard to code correctly.  Money items shouldnt effect the way game mechanics work imo.

14 hours ago, Lyfr said:

This honestly is overpowered and annoying at the same time.  Basically speeds up 1 252 ev gain (since the odds will be 66% chance) and if it somehow lands one the stat you didnt want you would have to use berries on it and it would be a waste of time and money.  people would never use this a 2nd time on the same poke as it would be a 33% chance to get the ev you want then.

14 hours ago, Lyfr said:

As Electrocute4u  said 500% would just be overpowered but as well as not worth it at all Because  Even MS money gain doenst work on trainers so this shouldnt as well. (for a good reason)  As you get lets say 350$ from a wild pokemon with ms.  Now you get 1750 for 5 battles.  which woul be 8,750 which for a measily 25₡ (25 cents) would just not be worth it to invest in.  I know these are suppost to be i have 5 coins and i cant spend it on anything items but these just dont feel worth enough to justify it.

14 hours ago, Lyfr said:

Copyrock - 20 Coins cost.

"A ditto has stayed on this rock for days, thats all you know"

Select an item from your bag and transform this Copyrock on the item selected. Cant be used on items acquired from Shop, PvE coin shop, PvP coin shop or special items rewards from bosses.

This would be litterally worthless since most everything comes from a shop/bosses and as i dont see them adding a nugget duplicator in the future i dont think it would work for money items either since it promotes P2W mechanics.  The only item i can think that doenst come from a shop atm would be unique pokeballs/supereffective berries.   but even berries can be found from some bosses..  Dont think this will ever be a thing

14 hours ago, Lyfr said:

Joy's Medkit - 5 Coins cost

"This Medkit is perfect and it has everything that you need, ¡you can heal your own pokemons now!"

Automatically heals your entire team just after the end of your next 10 battles. This effect will still be activated even if you run away of a wild pokemon battle.

OR

Heals your entire team. 3 uses. Can't be used while in battle.

A simlar suggestion was suggested before but i still dont like the idea, as items are already abudantly given to the player for healing.  All around the overworld theres respawnable healing items as well as excavations giving out healing items as well.  Its fine i guess i just dont see a use for it..

14 hours ago, Lyfr said:

Not tradeable.

-1 straight away, Special messages should only ever be used to relay special information of server status (restart times/shutdown times)  Giving this power to everyone even if a mod/admin has to give their approval of it just inst worth the amount of confusion it might bring newer players.

In conclusion i probably just look like a big hater. but in reality most of this stuff just seems not worth it.  5/10 coin shop items should strickly be cosmtic only like lolipops/bubblegum.  Even something like

14 hours ago, Lyfr said:

Not suspicious rock - 10 Coins cost.

"Its just a rock and doesn't looks suspicious at all. For some reason, the strongest trainers tends to hate this rock."

Your next wild pokemon encounter will have a 100% chance to get its nature synchronized. 3 uses. Cant be used with spawned pokemons. Cant be used with pokemons given by bosses

Saves just to much money in the long haul,  Buy for 10 coins to save a potentiol desync legendary that you would have to buy a nat rr on.  (that would litteraly be the only use for these btw i cant think of any other uses other than legendaries/mythicals/scripted event pokemon encounters like the val clefable.)
so thats my thoughts on this suggestion let the hate train on this post begin!

• Like 1

20210516_215416.gif.0f5637474a7259a9f90d53025e5a8a7b.gif

I wouldn't mind that Black Medallion Shard and Joy's Medkit, I like the idea.

And the general idea is a very good one, we need something to make use of the "leftover cash coins" we have. I think I have 15 right now, and I can't buy anything in cash shop with just 15.