Weekly and monthly automated PvP tournaments?

Eaty

• Developer

Hey, I was thinking about adding automated tournaments in PRO.

I thought about a weekly random battle tournament and a monthly OU tournament. Nothing is decided yet as I want your input first.

An NPC could fully handle these tournaments. If we have too many participants, it could make different tournament trees.

Random Battles would be thrice a month and OU once a month. You have the whole week/month time to register.

To participate you have to pay a fee. Not sure about the amount but I think 10,000-20,000 for random battles and 30,000-50,000 for OU sounds fair.

The entry fee would get split between first, second and third place. The % can be discussed at a later point.

You need to bring a few hours time for the tournament.

• The NPC will queue you and handle all battle starts.
    • You disconnect in a battle you lose. Potentially a BO3 for unlucky disconnects?
    • Once a battle is finished you'll be in a queue until your next battle starts.
      • This keeps going until the tournament ends.
  • If the server crashes the NPC gives you 15 minutes to re-enter the tournament after the server rebooted.
    • If you don't re-enter within time you'll be disqualified.
    • The server should be stable by then tho!

Please give reasons to make it easier to follow your argumentations.

• Like 8

• Eaty locked this topic
  • Eaty unlocked this topic

Nice idea 😉

Mninja.gif.7fbd4ee25bc088f746cfe4d34909ae4e.gif

"Whatever you loseyou'll find it again.

But what you throw away you'll never get back. 

“When people get hurt, they learn to hate… When people hurt others, they become hated and racked with guilt.

But knowing that pain allows people to be kind. Pain allows people to grow…

And how you grow is up to you.”

🔥🔥

I think the idea is great, but could be better to apply it in another way, as some people mentioned above. I think that you with your sources have the ability to take into account all % of usages of any pokemon. With that it would not be incredibly difficult to establish all existents  tiers: ( uber, ou, uu, ru, nu, pu .. ) and make the ingame tournaments rotative or randomized between these modalities would make pro the perfect game competitively to be able to have variety and use all kinds of pokémon 

wfnhg3q.gif