On rerolls, Hidden Power, and the sheer ridiculousness of the current system

Idkup

5 minutes ago, Iampvp said:

What u said is certainly fine but actually rerolls = economy if everyone have good legendaries whats the use of ladder tournament summer tournament and stuff? They are then useless and moreover its ur mind actually how u think abt making a team wont lie but i have only a keldeo in game and thats too way bad spd -23 and just 26 spatk with not so good defenses but that still worked great and in my first season i was without legendaries. To be honest i myself need some good legends but sadly if u just have to play perfect ivs then pro is not the platform u must move showdown i too do when i want to play perfect ivs. Just imagine no rerolls = no economy 
1st They are the fastest way of making money
2nd Not so hard to get we got solaceon quest for that and u can buy them for pvp coins 
3rd This game has two aspects pve + pvp. A pve player will do pve without any reason but a pvp players actually do that stuff just to grind some money and pve coins. Certainly if there is no need to reroll legends u dont need any money u can hunt every other mon this surely neglects pve part of this game although i dont do it myself ........
Ending the convo i say a -1

image.png.996e0238fff8c40732e5ebfe26181e51.pngjust do 11 years of solaceon, 50% chance you'll get a playable thundurus from it

Fu2zc9T.jpg

Thanks to MadFrost for the signature!

Not the 1st time we're asking for a kinda reroll rework, but good idea to fill this with some interesting data. We are pretty much all agree for saying its dumb to spend sometimes 10-20m on rerolls and get nothing good, and we're not so many able to spend this on legends.  

A good compromise might be to have legendaries all stats + 15 or 16 minimum for everyone and cant be lower even by rerolling, not doin any math here but for sure it would decrease amount of reroll tickets needed for each, more chances to get 31s and +20, but wouldnt help for hidden power, maybe just add a new kind of reroll available like for 1500 pvp coins which would allow you to have the wanted hidden power on all next rerolls ivs, or just a cheaper one which will work one time to get ur hidden power, just brainstorming anyway, its hard to make a reroll mechanic not too easy, but also fair for everyone, but reroll system definitely need a kind of rework, if its already complicated for old players like me, poor beginners... 😕

Also for those who speak about economy maybe some players will just stop using kinda 8 accounts for solaceon daily quest if its easier, and anyway new legendaries will come, and if there is an esier way to get epic legends, we will reroll same way but to get better ones, saying no reroll = no economy is just not an argument, rerolls could get lower but always will be a valuable item, everyone except you will still make money iampvp trust me lol

Edited by smokincatcher

I made a similar post around 8-10 months ago! I had a different idea for the solution, which I no longer see relevant! But the issue was the very same.

+1 The iv rerolling is very expensive, Some players argue that it's part of grind as its a MMO but with the amount of legendaries we have, it seems impossible. Hope these Post is brought into consideration. 

8 hours ago, idkup said:

image.png.996e0238fff8c40732e5ebfe26181e51.pngjust do 11 years of solaceon, 50% chance you'll get a playable thundurus from it

ofc im not a fool to do solaceon for whatever time limit u said and moreover im using only what i have i catch those legends but if they are not good i better make team without them and if u want nice legends why not just win summer tournament or ladder tournament are they made for just a showcase? whats their use if u get legendaries as easy as possible?? still its a -1 from my side 

3 hours ago, Iampvp said:

ofc im not a fool to do solaceon for whatever time limit u said and moreover im using only what i have i catch those legends but if they are not good i better make team without them and if u want nice legends why not just win summer tournament or ladder tournament are they made for just a showcase? whats their use if u get legendaries as easy as possible?? still its a -1 from my side 

I personally don't think you understand how economy works, The current system hurts the economy. You're giving money from one player to another for an item to delete said item. The money never leaves the economy building inflation (prime example someone hitting 1b poke dollars last year or multiple people over 100-200m). The current system for rerolls is terrible for the economy, if you look how the item is traded and used it should have never been a tradeable item it should have been put on an npc to delete money from the game at a set regulated price by the GM. (There are no current good money sink's in pro.) (saying good legendary's = economy is also falsified by it doesn't delete money from the game.) 

The problem now is its too far late for that type of system, because peoples incentive to pvp is pvp coins for rr to sell same with pve. looking at current statistics lets say after all legendary's are added *59* in total not counting ultra beasts which puts the number at 70, lets say the current price of rerolls are 750k each current price that's 52.5m in poke dollars to roll them once. Not counting trying to get the viable 10-15 or counting the uber tier banned mons, at 10-50m+ depending on your luck with the right Nature/Hidden power. This is not counting if its a new player coming into the game. The current sys for legendary's are bad as well but that's another thread, because pro is not new player friendly at all with its current systems.

Saying don't use legendary's in pvp is also another problem I'm bringing up with your post, playing with out legendary's in pokemon pvp is actually not only crutching your self but playing at the highest level gl. Also Saying just choose it from ladder tour, you're not aloud to choose legendries there is a list of mons you choose from and if someone requests a certain mon it that mon cant be chosen for over a month after. The only tourney you can choose a legendary is summer tour (BTW NEVER GOT RAN LAST YEAR) even on the selected dates KEKW. 

This thread is a +1 from me as someone who has purchased CC's and traded them for rerolls seeing the current statistics and actual numbers for the chances, even reading Evilprotag's post on it being like a predatory gacha system. The current system is terrible for not only inflation but the economy.

Edited by DRDoctor
  • Like 2

did that dude take a look at these numbers "Sum total: 1877 mean /  1305 median reroll tickets needed for simply playable stats." and goes like, damn those numbers looks easy asf. 
 idk about you, but 1+1 here does not euqal  "whats their use if u get legendaries as easy as possible??"

oh and this part "
 if u want nice legends why not just win summer tournament or ladder tournament are they made for just a showcase?"
1. we are still waiting on summer 2020 tour hehe xd.
2. believe it or not ladder tournament dosnt give you legendary pokemons.
3.reroll system is for every1. idk the excact number of pro playerbase but its atleast 1-2k active player if not much more, you think a bad system is fine because once every year the winner of summer tour gets a guarantied legen? Those things are not even in the same category lmao.
4. We dont ask for "nice" legend, we ask for a system that can RESONABLY produce USABLE legends.
5. are you seriously telling people that the solution is : git good, just win a tournament that happens once every year. Yeah im sure Bob here who just started pro 2 months ago will be like "sure, that sounds reasonable".

Edited by EvilProtagonist
  • Like 2
  • Checked/Done 1

+1 I have terrible luck, getting usable legends to pvp with is a pain

I've found it quite strange that you pay reasonable monies to buy a regular pvp mon with good ivs, but you can spend millions on legendaries and not get anything out of it except for premature hair loss and ulcers

Edited by SoggyTeaBag
  • Like 1

Ye,

sadly stuff like this is pushed aside handled as "I read the suggestions but I dont answer them because it tooks to much time".

I made a similar suggestion https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/topic/158551-hidden-power-for-legends/

In August 2020

After asking in the Q&A's I have to sadly say that in the first Q&A the statement was that they are thinking about new concepts about the reroll stuff, in the second Q&A Wally said smt like "I am happy how the reroll system works rn and I dont have plans to change it" ...

Feeling hardly ignored about suggestions. But this one seems to be bigger.
Also here some extra calculation:

---------------------------------------------------------------

Chance to get a Legend with 1 stat random, 5 stats over 20 (and usually you want a higher speed and spatk/atk... I compensate it with the fact that lower defense values are often accepted when those stats fit):

Chance to get the fitting Hidden Power as well:

How often you need to reroll in order to have a 50% chance to have 20+ stats + 1 random stat and a fitting Hidden Power:

3500 times

Edited by Bash
  • Like 1

Of course I'm talking to myself, sometimes I have to talk with an intelligent person.

rsz_62121-spirited-away-spirited-away-wallpaper.jpg.22bf8ec0e46dcc230985953ff28f41ce.jpg

Picture

TP4L