Rework PvP

Finnderboss

i have very nice idea that can add more variety and fun in pvp xD and without forcing anybody to OU or UU NU or anything
many ppl (me too) are very tired of the pvp in pro and i saw even some guys quit game because of it, always they have the same overpowered pokemons.
and even if u dont play pvp u have to admit that its sad that only 20-30 pokemons are used in the main battle part of this game while theres so many more pokes out there.. (and those 20-30 make most of the others unplayable)
last year they announced to change queue from OU to UU queue but even as one of the ppl who voted for it i doubt adding an UU queue instead of OU would fix the problem and even 30-40% of people iirc voted for keep it OU only and didnt want other queues. why punish these people if there is a solution to make both parties happy?
since all of this problem goes down to the fact that ppl play as filthy as they can to get pvp coins/rating you need a system that works like this:

-staff or this council makes a tier list with all pokes rated by how strong they are
   -for example there are 5 tiers:
      -1 win with 6 poke from tier 1 (weakest/ like 1st evos) = 5 PvP coins
      -if u add 1 or more poke from tier 2 ur team will be considered tier 2 = 4 PvP Coins per win
      -3 Coins = win with tier 3 or lower pokes
      -2 coins = tier 4 team
      -Normal 1 Coin as always if u win with 1 or more overused pokemon in team. so nobody is forced to change his playstyle
-And a little multiplicator in gained rating per win based on the tier of ur team. (like 18 rating instead of 16 for example :D)

i think this would be refreshing for everyone and its the perfect way to encourage even the filthiest people to have a little fun.
Like this its all optional if u keep using OU pokes nothing changes for you except that u might encounter more fun teams. so nobody lose anything with this solution xD lets go bro

Edited by finnderboss
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Yeah add more coins, so the rarity and at the same time price of Prestige Mounts will drop. A good way of nerfing Pvpers ultimate milestone,  what is the best feature they can purchase for other players (20m in the Pvper's pocket), what is encouraging them to do PvP again and again.

There are ofc rerolls too, but overall, A Prestige Mount is much worth buying :

=> 2500 Pvp Coins / 150 (price of Rerolls in Pvp Coins) = 16,66... =16 X 700k = 11.2m.

TL;DR

Spoiler

More potential Pvp Coins means Prestige Mounts rarity and price dropping.

Nerfing Pvpers best feature.

6 hours ago, finnderboss said:

-for example there are 5 tiers:
      -1 win with 6 poke from tier 1 (weakest/ like 1st evos) = 5 PvP coins
      -if u add 1 or more poke from tier 2 ur team will be considered tier 2 = 4 PvP Coins per win
      -3 Coins = win with tier 3 or lower pokes
      -2 coins = tier 4 team
      -Normal 1 Coin as always if u win with 1 or more overused pokemon in team. so nobody is forced to change his playstyle
-And a little multiplicator in gained rating per win based on the tier of ur team. (like 18 rating instead of 16 for example :D)

"1 win with 6 poke from tier 1 (weakest/ like 1st evos) = 5 PvP coins" so you can farm noobs like you previously did in your videos with 6 pre-evo Pokemon. Those kind of team will only work against them, you will waste your time if you're against decent opponents with meta teams who actually know how to put Stealth Rock on your field.

Plus, why would you do that ? Hitting the Ladder with a good team will require less time and effort in term of Pvp Coins (regular games + juicy Ladder) + the Ladder Tour potential mighty reward !

Unless, you'll plan to just stay low when every known guy doing ladder will be at like 300 rating mid-season ? Do you see yourself spamming this kind of team on noobs ? Would it be fun like you wanted the Pvp to be ?  Haha lol xd I'm rekting noobs and farming Pvp Coins (I'm mimicing you). This is easy to abuse such a system.

8 hours ago, finnderboss said:

since all of this problem goes down to the fact that ppl play as filthy as they can to get pvp coins/rating

For all your other tier propositions + this quote, you can't blame people who want to win and therefore bring solid teams full of OU that will win more easily against your Wish team version. Also, will you have fun when encountering good opponents with meta teams facing your troll teams that will obliterate you 5 or more times in a row to finally get a noob in your 6th game ? I don't think so.

As for the rating multiplier, you'll lose so much rating compared to what you'll win that it won't change a thing.

TL;DR

Spoiler

Having not quite meta / troll teams won't be worth the effort compared to a meta team in term of Pvp Coins (Ladder + regular games) and being given the possibility to be part of the Ladder Tour with astounding rewards at stake.

Doing Ladder with a good team is less time consuming and more rewarding.

People who want to win aren't to be blamed for following the meta.

Rating multiplier won't change anything.

Conclusion :

Giving more Pvp Coins depending on Pokemon used isn't the solution for all the reasons mentionned above in my opinion. Format changes are the solution, but most people aren't ready as they mainly farmed OU Pokemon which is natural. You want winners in your teams.

You wanted arguments ? You got mine, Hf.

• Like 2

PvP coins should be rewarded for skillful play and consistency.  You don't get more rating if you use lower tier pokemon in OU in Showdown.  If your good enough to win with lower tier pokemon thats a flex in of itself.  PvP is in a good state right now imo and it can only get better with the future release of Z moves.

Fafouney opinion above is also well explained.

20210516_215416.gif.0f5637474a7259a9f90d53025e5a8a7b.gif

1 hour ago, iceflake said:

PvP coins should be rewarded for skillful play and consistency.  You don't get more rating if you use lower tier pokemon in OU in Showdown.  If your good enough to win with lower tier pokemon thats a flex in of itself.  PvP is in a good state right now imo and it can only get better with the future release of Z moves.

Fafouney opinion above is also well explained.

u call it skillful play to hide behind the same boring pokemon for 8 years? really........

if u want to keep fighting the same team over and over again for another 8 years... i dont really mind, all i have to do is just not play xD but how many servers are there left to merge and how many real trainers are there left to disappoint...

+1 there should be some changes to make this part of the game enjoyable i dont seee why people cry about too many coins... so many numbers and science just take your fav pokes and have siome fun why no one wants to do that.... this game is lost

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

finn.gif.d450244a79435b8983a25a5b72cff0b1.gif                 Youtube Channel xD                 cruci.gif.0344cffa73dea39fea2bd65a11f291ef.gif