Add match timers in ranked

Yoyomane

Greetings PRO Staff,

In ranked I come across players that like to stall the entire match way to often. In other pokemon online games there are match timers that force players to attack so they don't lose to the timer due to default being number of pokemon unable to battle on their team. It's only in this game where players can get away with hit and run cat and mouse tactics. This has to stop because matches are being played TOO LONG. I'm in matches that'll last 20 to 30 mins all because these players know they can just use uturn volt switch hard switch the entire match and jus use toxic and recovery the entire match. Using evo chansey with toxic and thunder wave then just swapping to another stall mon to keep it going isnt skill it's stalling. This is not balanced when your entire team gets toxiced put to sleep or paralyzed. And the common answer is use a anti stall team we'll thats great however that it's more stall combinations than anti stall combinations. For example I can run a great anti stall team against toxic but then next match someone uses spore the entire match and im back switching my team around. I'd like to enjoy the pokemon I want to use rather than battling a bunch of stallers. You guys need to limit the amount of mons that can be affected by status moves during a match while still alive or add a match timer cuz no one uses actual physical attacks they just use status moves and stall.

• Haha 2

-1 ranked pvp is competitive for a reason, people are going to play what wins games. If you play something fun but you know that it can lose you the game you gotta just know the risks of doing it. In any ranked game outside of pokemon you gotta follow the meta to know what people are playing and whats best to counter it to be able to climb 

• Like 1
  • Checked/Done 4
Untitled-05-09-2022-12-43-05-2.png.79a929dd72157cb9683de4c02e781e4f.pnghxjr2a.png

+1 These lucky kids don't understand that youre actually just better. Using a pink blob Pokemon is for low brain activity players and is impossible to defeat. How dare they do this to you!! Unlike some people I would never disrespect the wishes and ideals of my one and only supreme leader Yoyomane!!

• Haha 7
  • Checked/Done 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you'll for the +1 too bad the people that stall and the admins are close buddies so this request will most likely never happen . I guarantee tho there would be a skill gap with match based timers. Heres the thing turn timers only rewards stallers wen the timer resets every turn. I don't care how yall try to justify your reasons add a match timer and that doesn't reset cuz I guarantee all of the stallers would fold under pressure.

• Haha 3