BLACK MEDALLION - Less Stress, More Use! (In-Depth Solution to varied player schedules using Black Medallion)

Hawsspot

Hi Im Hawspot,

I have a solid suggestion that I believe would be a win for everyone..... Even PRO!

I have bought the black medallion a handful of times, but I always end up feeling stressed about it (because of the timer) and never get enough time out of it and end up eventually feeling it wasn't worth the money..... I then go a while of not buying another for a long time until I go "okaaaaay I'll give it another chance", but then the same thing happens and the cycle repeats itself.....

I am a full-time student and I work part-time too..... This means most of my time is on campus, doing homework, or working..... I only get a handful of hours each week to be able to play games (including PRO) and want to make the most out of my time..... I am aware there are many players who are able to play PRO for several hours each and every day..... But for myself and many others, that's just not possible. This leads to IRL timed items like Black Medallion to not have very much worth, value, or stress-less benefit. While I get maybe 9 hours total (and that pushing it) for one black medallion, those who dont have time commitments through the week can get a full 36 hours (or more) from the same black medallion use....... I have only ever bought a handful of Black medallions in my 800hrs total of playing because I it as only being worth a MAXIMUM of 10 hours for my schedule (which is not worth the money for me)....... 

⬇️        ⬇️        ⬇️        ⬇️        ⬇️        ⬇️        ⬇️        ⬇️        ⬇️        ⬇️        ⬇️        ⬇️        ⬇️        ⬇️        ⬇️        ⬇️        ⬇️ 

My solution/suggestion is this:

Replace the IRL 72-hour timer on the black medallion with a 20-hour (in-game time) timer based on time logged into pro and playing..... Then, give the player a week (7-days) to use it up before it expires. Every Black Medallion would be consumed fully at either 20-in-game hours of being logged in and playing, or at 7 real-life days (whichever comes first). (could be 18 hours, or 25, or whatever is balanced)

The in-game timer pauses when the player logs off or is kicked from servers (and such).

The reasons are as follows- 

1. As the full-time players and pokemon hunters, who make a lot of money off of grinding black medallion benefits for 36+ hours, use this new system, they will be paying a little more into the economy (or maybe even PRO donations) for continued use throughout the same amount of time they are already hunting. (increasing revenue for PRO from the full-time players)
  2. And as full-time students/workers (like myself), who are right now dis-inclined to purchase black medallions due to not being able to get any true value out of them, see that we have a full week to spread the 20 in-game hours (or maybe 18, or maybe 24, or whatever balance), we will see it as VASTLY more beneficial and useful. Sure, we may take up to the full 7 days to use up the time, but at least we would be buying them! (and it would then fully be our own fault, not due to schedules, if we don't get full use)
  3. The last, and perhaps most important reason to do this is for situations like tonight on Silver Server - If the servers crash, or someone has internet issues, or the game undergoes maintenance, or a family emergency happens, or WHATEVER ...... People won't feel like their purchase of the timed black medallion is going to waste. If the server crashes for several hours (like tonight for Silver Server), no one has any reason to be mad about their medallions or ask for compensation.  

⬆️        ⬆️        ⬆️        ⬆️        ⬆️        ⬆️        ⬆️        ⬆️        ⬆️        ⬆️        ⬆️        ⬆️        ⬆️        ⬆️        ⬆️        ⬆️        ⬆️       

The way I see it is this:

Players (especially the IRL busy ones) will have more breathing room for using their medallions (not a time crunch of 3 days), will get more value out of the purchase, be more inclined to buy, buy more often because it makes more sense, there would be more "safety" in buying regarding server crashes/downtime/emergencies and such, the economy would be boosted due to greater amount of purchases of the medallion, and (along with the last point) with more purchases also comes more donations for the coins to purchase the medallions which would only go to further support the development of the game....... All-in-All, this is a win-win for players AND developers!

Message me or reply here with any questions!

(Thanks for coming to my TED talk  lol  😅)

Edited by Hawsspot
forgot an underline
  • Like 1
  • Checked/Done 1

• Hawsspot changed the title to BLACK MEDALLION - Less Stress, More Use! (In-Depth Solution to varied player schedules using Black Medallion)
  • Developer

Hello, I completely understand your suggestion, but this would completely take away our control over the item.

If we decide to change or even potentially remove it, it would be impossible with this approach because there would still be players with active BMS.

I don't want that, so I have to deny the suggestion. However, I appreciate the time and effort you put into the suggestion.

• Eaty locked this topic