Bosses are fundamentally poorly designed

I disagree,back then when i tried my first boss ever,that was Brock and he destroyed me,i was like "damn,okay they are strong i need a better team",i was happy and it was satisfying to finally win against him.

Later i was able to beat all the Medium Boss i wanted with a classic stall team that required me time to hunt/money to buy,i was happy and it was satisfying too to finally be able to do my boss runs,and sometimes we have to change our team a little bit against some boss and that's good.

Now i'm thinking about a Hard Boss Strategy,i know that there are known strategies out there,but i want to try my own and see if it works,so no,to me boss are very well designed and challenging,they are one of the final PvE Content,they MUST hit like trucks,have powerful items,have a lot of iv and ev,have 5 or 6 moves,have mega and on and on,a boss that is weak or half-strong isn't interesting at all,we MUST come with a strategy to win,that's the point.

The fact that boss can switch pokes now is also good,before that we could set up easily and win on them.

There is something that i noticed,it seems like boss crits us a lot and haxx us a lot,i think that's a troll by the devs. 😄

If we needed a specific team for each boss,yeah I would have agreed with you on the boring and tedious thing.

Edited by Xouman
  • Like 1

On 5/15/2024 at 4:53 AM, Opdeeznutz said:

I am not complaining about the "difficulty" of hard mode bosses. They are not challenging at all, period. Giving their pokemon impossibly cracked out stats is such a lazy and ineffective attempt at creating difficulty and it doesn't work, it just makes them cheap, tedious and frustrating - it pigeonholes players into building extremely specific gimmick teams leaving zero room for actual strategy or creativity. These gimmicks require no thought or skill to pull off, and are 100% failsafe, unless of course you eat a crit to the face after 20 turns of mindlessly spamming boosting and accuracy dropping moves. Bosses are unsatisfying to win against, and when you lose it's not because you made a mistake or need to improve your strategy, it just feels like you got unfairly cheated out of free money solely due to rng.

Not to mention how insanely restrictive this system is on teambuilding - it's borderline impressive that there are even fewer relevant pokemon in boss battles than there are in the plain old competitive metagame. It would be nice if the non pvp endgame content actually encouraged more diversity since the vast majority of mons are useless in pvp anyway. I don't have any better ideas for challenging bosses off the top of my head, but gamesharking all of their stats to absurd levels has got to be the worst and laziest one imaginable. Is this really all you can come up with?

+1 cos you're a funny and -1 for your so called "suggestion". If you are looking for a challenge, then make your own team and it's that SIMPLE. As Tora said you can do dungeon stuff too and you can exercise your creativity there. Vets and others like Siidon also mentioned there are enough ways to enjoy PvE content with the Bosses, Z-Tournaments, Legendary or Megastone Quests, Daily Quests, Events for you to enjoy the game.

Last of all this is a straight-up complain feedback rather than a suggestion. Lol

ER7I.gif.e132d5e07234e3b991fcf78ce727e357.gif

Edited by Samegaki

DISCORD: itsmegoomba
IGN PRO: Samegaki

GUILD: Slytherins

🔹 DISCORD SERVER 🔹
🔹 SERVICE SHOP 🔹

banner2.0-ezgif.com-resize.gif.c2b98a8a39c5195340e105a09a0db209.gif

On 6/23/2024 at 11:26 PM, Siidon said:

Not trying to get offensive here. You have 321 hours playtime and you are complaining about the boss difficulties if I understand that right. 

Sadly I can see any "Suggestion" but a "Feedback" here. Bosses on hard mode are easy, agreed. According to what you've said, you clear all bosses every 2 Weeks and ur not happy with earning money and pve coins in the game. (Which is completely nonesense, who says no to free money?) 😛 

Also, if you did search up a "Boss Guide" which i'm pretty sure you did with your low playtime, why dont you try getting a own Boss Team to make Bosses more challenging for you or you try something new? For example Bosses on hard mode with Baby-Pokémon or whatever. (Sort of what Raika mentioned)

I think many of us agree that there are enough ways to enjoy PvE content with the Bosses, Z-Tournaments, Legendary or Megastone Quests, Daily Quests, Events ingame that unlock temporarly quests and Tournaments or stuff like that (for example Alto Mare Race in Summer Event, Basket Hunt and Little Cup in Easter Event, Dungeon in Xmas Event etc.) Also there are 3 Challenging dungeons that are very fun with friends to complete and there are also a LOT of Strategies to complete them. 

I think before you complain about the PvE content I suggest you to play the game a bit more, find out all stuff, unlock everything and try out new things from yourself. I would get bored too if I only watched guides for every single quests and complain how easy it was afterwards. 

And my final words:

#BAN SUGGESTIONS FOR PEOPLE BELOW 1000 HOURS PLAYTIME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gehniiiiiischzumuttaaaa

chem.gif.e13d5adc20075bf4a5c18dcfbb3e3fc0.gif

i don't see any suggestion here just complaining & jealousy i think you don't even have a boss team 

• Developer

Hello, we are working on an AI rework for a while now. We tried several approaches, and a version that might eventually make it to the live server is currently being tested.

If it makes it to the live server, we will certainly use it for NPCs like bosses. 

I can offer you to test it by letting you battle it with a proper boss team. Let me know if you are interested. We are always looking for feedback.

• Like 3

• Developer

Just a little update. I actively work on the new AI.
Currently, I work on a visual representation to make testing and reporting easier for the testers.

This is only a debugging tool, but I thought it would be interesting to keep you updated.

spacer.png

• Like 1