List of Pokemon not to be used in ranked battle

Red

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

205999 well, can i keep getting kengaskhan at feral site or you guys will ban mega-kengaskhan in pvp too?

just remember, smogon rules =/= PRO rules.

Yes this is a different game. However after everything is introduced its going to be very much the same in terms of PVP exept from team preview point of view? Smogon has tested pokemon with alot of people and made logical conclusions based on that. You can see how retarded VGC is where there are no such rules. all top teams are basically the same with maybe 1 different pokemon on the team. If you dont ban stuff like mega-kangaskhan which is insanely broken you pretty much have to use it yourself to have a chance and than the meta gets boring. Right now imo there is no pokemon that you absolutely have to use to have a good chance to win.

well, as i said in the other topic:

.eJwNyMENwyAMAMBdGAAbikvINoggEjXBCDvqo-ru7T3vY-55mtXsqkNWgO2QwnOzojxzq7Yxt7PmcYgtfEFWzWW_alcBtxA9CJ8YAkWKISB49Incgik5Qh__D3d_dX53O3oz3x8GjCLZ.ymxYpmqePHOUQQZQDR_JxOsaRc8.png

blaziken is uber too, why we can use in ranked? speed boost is banned atm cuz its bugged, and after? we will can use this uber poke?

HERE I RECAP ALL OF MY COMMENTS SO PLEASE STOP MAKING THINGS UP ^^

I'VE NEVER SAID ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO COUNTER SLOWBRO (I wont be on ladder if i cant do it), WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY IS ITS MUCH HARDER TO COUNTER SLOWBRO HERE THAN OTHER POKEMON GAME, WHICH LEAD IT TO BE ABUSED BY PLAYER AND MAKES MATCH VERY VERY LONG AND BORING.

AROUND 80% PLAYER USED SLOWBRO IN THEIR TEAM, I THINK THATS ENOUGH PROVE TO CALLED IT OVERPOWERED IN PRO (Since you will never see this amount in another pokemon game).

PLEASE READ BEFORE THROW SOME USELESS COMMENT.

193262 I'd suggest any Pokes with regenerator ability,

the reason simply because lack of item such lifeorb, choice band, and choice specs, not enough fire power to take them down with 1 or 2 hit

EDIT:

most notable regenerator combo Slowbro + Blissey because they cover each other, if your team doesn't have any physical dark type who can buff up pretty sure the game will be very slow and can be last over an hour.

193399 Now lets talk about REGENERATOR slowbro counter in current meta, can you help list them for me?

Because in my knowledge, slowbro can absorb every un-boosted physical dmg in current metagame, even un-boosted knock off from adamant weavile & Bisharp cant 2HKO bold slowbro, and in other hand slowbro can threatening them with flametrhower/fire blast or annoy them with thunderwave.

to kill slowbro in current meta you must have atleast 1 SD boost and use super effective STAB dmg, which need set-up and momentum (you dont really have to do this with other physical wall in game).

And there is no way a special attacker can counter him, because slowbro always bring Special dmg sponge partner with him such blissey or special defensive ferro.

And talk about the truth, most slowbro last till the end of battle in current metagame. In the end you able to kill itjust because he cant switch out anymore.

EDIT:

it will be different story with life orb / choice band because you can 2hko slowbro even with jolly weavile / bisharp

193518 no one talked about banning slowbro/blissey/feero i just suggest to ban REGENERATOR thats all

and since you pretty confidence with your statement, can you teach us how to kill regenerator slowbro without any excessive set-up?

and there is no reason blame game freak, because they introduce regenerator after they have choice item and life orb.

I get it, many people used Regen slowbro as their core and pivot, because its OP just like that and doesnt have to scare of dying.

I well aware about the advantage of REGENERATOR, doesnt have any problem with it. But, with absence of Life Orb and Choice Item Regenerator is a very different story. Normally you can bring Slowbro down in 2Hit simply with non-resisted STAB from a damage dealer (un-boosted), but here its impossible even with effective STAB because you don't have enough power to do it. That why slowbro can switch in and out freely here, also pursuit move not coded yet just like someone mentioned before, since this is one of best counter for regenerator slowbro.

194014 The main problem is lack of held item such as life orb and Choice specs / band

which is encourage stall play style and makes regenerator extremely powerful.

People say "why ban pokemon when you can code the item instead" I can't agree more with it.

But, the problem is only developer can do it and we don't know when. Also, as red stated in the 1st post

Red wrote:

Source of the post I would like the users who do ranked battle to give us an input of which Pokemon should not be in used in a ranked battle.

the main reason of this topic is to give them input about what pokemon/abilities/moves that should not be in used in a ranked battle with a reason, and that's what i am doing here.

203478 And If Gothitelle is not ban and become more used in Pro, all the teams will need to have a pokemon who can hit hard Gothitelle on the physical, so u will see Tyranitar and Scyther in all the team. So you will always see the same pokemons in pvp and u will come here for crying because you see always the same pokemon . And when u will be rekt by Gothitelle 9 batlles/10 and saw him in all the team you will all come here for crying and ask and pray for a ban.

Well thats funny, since right nw I always see the same pokemons in PvP a.k.a slowbro, blissey & other stall, why dont you even comment about them?

and even if its will be always tyra and scyther in the future, i still think thats better than current meta which is VERY VERY BORING LONG MATCH.

205376 Here the solution:

For staff please just make ORB & CHOICE item works, it will solve the stall problem, and then you can ban shadowtag ability from ladder.

Everyone will be happy, no more time will be wasted for discussing the same thing over and over again. So, we can move on.

That is the main purpose of this thread right?

205605 Gothitelle solved the stall problem thats the fact for now, and the staff can simply fix this stall problem by adding more PvP core items.

PRO always been stall meta from the 1st day i start playing it, but now it even worse since REGENERATOR works make stall team even stronger since slowbro can be a very strong pivot without a real counter.

I have no problem with stall team since they can be countered, but not for REGENERATOR SLOWBRO because we dont have enough power and working move to put it down easily like in POKEMON SHOWDOWN. And Gothitelle are the answer for it trap Slowbro so he cant abused REGENERATOR anymore.

And base on my own experience in PvP, when slowbro down most of the stall team cant do much anymore, and the game will end soon, which is proof how OP REGENERATOR in PRO.

205657 I don't run any h.a GOTHITELLE or h.a SLOWBRO in my team, you can ask people who do PvP in red sever

I found out that dealing with h.a GOTHITELLE are easier and less boring than dealing with h.a SLOWBRO, or at least it doesnt wasting so much time just for a single match.

I also can say "just run a pokemon with knock off blah.. blah.. blah.. to counter GOTHITELLE" or "Be creative and blah.. blah.. blah.." and then ignore any reason given just like most of did you when people complaining about REGENERATOR, but its 'easier to said than done' right?

There someone give a solution to ban h.a GOTHITELLE but you must also ban h.a SLOWBRO, yet you don't even consider this idea right? because it will mess your stall team formation? you can't even play stall without REGENERATOR slowbro right?

The next step is you keep bringing up SMOGON rules blah... blah.. blah..

It's not SHOWDOWN, its not normal POKEMON game where every ability, move & items are available for PvP.

So please if you doesnt have any experience in PRO PvP you better not giving a comment based on another POKEMON GAME.

I don't mind h.a GOTHITELLE get banned from PvP as long as the staff do something about REGENERATOR slowbro either by adding ORB & CHOICE or also banning it from PvP

205829 Shadow tag is game breaking.

Gothitelle destroy balance and stall team.

If u don't have physical attaker who can hit super efficiency with stab u have loose. And if u have one, Gothitelle can switch out (after he realized a kill of course ) (and pursuit isn’t code yet ) and switch in later in the game for trap and kill an other pokemon.

Ok gothitelle will destroy all the defensive pokemon, after this we will see only hyper offense team, this is not bad things but this is not the solution.

And as I can read previously, if someone spends time to hunt a pokemon or a teams to finally realized that gothitelle destroy all his team, this can be really frustrating and game breaking.

This game need to be balance, stall, balance and offense teams need to have a place in the meta.

Gothitelle destroy 2 of them, that is why it must be banned.

Slowbro and Blissey are very annoying but dont reduce the meta. A good built team can destroy them.

The meta is actually annoying because most players do not try to counter Slowbro and Blissey, but prefer play easy in using them in their team. But as I say previously its easy to counter these two pokemon, for example Breloom can perfectly conter both. However I can say that I see very little Brellom which is really strange seen that meta is full of Slowbro and Blissey.

I have balance team and i dont have any serious trouble dealing with goth.

Your team not fully prepared then? (same old reason with everyone else)

Not all defensive for sure, please be creative (everyone excuse to defend their statement)

Yet it's still better since goth are extremely rare tier, while slowbro are common tier.

Need to be balance? but all you do from previous post are supporting stall team? haha

Oh yeah, a good build team also can destroy goth (proven alrd with my team, never lose to goth)

Nope, they are simply overpower as stall because we lack of PvP core items

I don't suggest brellom when tons of talon are around ^^

206226 I don't have any problem with stall team, i only give my though about Regenerator. Regenerator Slowbro are OP and easily abused in PRO, in other POKEMON game you can easily deal with regen slowbro with any Sweeper who held Lifeorb or you can trap him with pursuit THAT'S THE FACT. Here in PRO you must narrow that wide option into some RARE & EXTREMELY RARE pokes just to deal with it? while slowbro only a COMMON poke? REALLY? yet, still no guarantee that you can shut it down since its not 1v1 and REGENERATOR EASILY ABUSED here ^^

In other hand, H.a Gothitelle solve these problem, and makes the PvP less boring without a very very long match with switch master SLOWBRO.

And that's might be the main reason people start using gothitelle, you may ask those gothitelle user. And this makes most stall team get salty for sure ^^

My last question for everyone who want Gothitelle to get BANNED form ladder, even if we agree to BAN h.a gothitelle in Ladder, will you people agree to ban h.a slowbro also?

because, what i can see you hate sadowtag being abused because it rekt your core A.K.A slowbro, but you dont care with other people problem as long as you can freely abuse REGENERATOR.

AND THIS SOME COMMENTS FROM OTHER PLAYERS YOU MIGHT WANT TO READ:

197924 gothitelle is banned on ou but can be used in uber. Ban could create a very useless pokemon here, apart if you do different tiers. But there are lot of abilities here that cant be used in ou.

I think u don't understand. If gothitelle isn't ban, u will see gothitelle in all the team, this is what u want ?

I'm fine with it :D Tbh, it better if my oppoent has Gothitelle in their team instead annoying combo like bliss + slow + skar :Crazy:

199041 Battling with some players have Gothitelle in their team and i still have to say one more time: "I'm fine with it". Lol.

Have u ever battling with full team of OHKO? Compare to that team, Gothitelle is nothing at all as well as bliss + slow + skar. I'm just a noob so I don't care any threat come from Gothitelle or other pkm except Legendaries :Smile:

Enjoy the game, test ur team, find the way to deal with unexpected problems are better then sitting there and crying for banning pkm :Smile:

202240 I really don't get all the fuss about gothitelle...

1. Tiers are made for pokemon showdown, a competitive environment where the one and only problem is "what to pick" and "what am i allowed to pick to compete at the same level with my opponent". In PRO the eventual "Ubers" would be really different and should include the "unobtainable" pokemon to everyone (see staff pokemon, banned indeed). So complaining about "gothitelle shadow tag is uber, pls copy showdown and ban" makes really no sense.

2. You're making it seem impossible to counter with all those "unhealthy" "gamebreaking" and so on out of context adjectives. It's not unbalanced at all, there are TONS of counters to it, unlike many other pokemon, perhaps you just didn't bother to bring them in your team when you faced one (because unexpected). Guess what, even a ferrothorn can ruin your team if you don't have fire coverage, what's the difference? Something you didn't came prepared for, that has counter and counter stuff... unhealthy? please.

Bring u-turn / volt switch / baton pass on your special attacker (see magnezone) to counter shadow tag, dark physical coverage, heavy physical dmg, gothitelle is done for, has way more counters than the most used ability in the game, regenerator.

And guess what, all this fuss because shadow tag counters that...

3. Banning an obtainable extremely rare (h.a. as well) pokemon who is working as intended is really dangerous for a MMO environment, PRO isn't showdown where you can get shadow tag gothitelle just by selecting it, there are people who actually spent weeks farming for that h.a. extremely rare, and whoever tried that feeling (hi prankster sableye) knows how much of a pain that is. People saying "ban gothitelle shadowtag" aren't that much different from the guy who said "ban talonflame galewings", there are just as many counters to it, difference being if you don't expect the pokemon (like you do with talonflame) you might be careless with switch ins/outs without having scouted properly the enemy team before, get trapped when you scald with your slowbro and lose your regenerator.

4. Wall breaking. Another major problem in the current PvP state, the lack of items like life orb and specs make wall breaking extremely hard. When life orb comes people will get more used to their "walls" being destroyed and maybe realize that a strategy that relies 99% on switching between walls isn't that good anymore. Shadowtag gothitelle does the same, wall breaking, people in PRO aren't just used to get their walls countered...

206235 not matter to me, ban slowbro and blissey if u want i don't use those poke.

As I have already said if people took the time to conter these pokemon instead of using them in their team the problem would not exist.

People who used gothitelle are no better than those who used Slowbro.

Slowbro can't be trap with pursuit, same for gothita.

Always the same argument : keep gothitelle because he couter stall team.

I responded to all this.

Not gonna happen, it took much more effort to counter them rather than using them

simple logic

common sense

Sableye need a ban for sure ! With Prankster it's just sooo OP yes we can counter him, but i just do another game vs a player who use a sableye, i easy rekt him without this sableye, this sableye rekt 4of my team alone, it's just so frustrating, he need a ban seriously

Get rekt proceed to adapt. Change your team.

thank you :Angel: :Exclam: :y:

i don't know why we all are arguing since gothitelle is not getting banned till scarf arrives and no way that slowbro is getting banned either way lol might as well share counter strategy or team-building advice and rant about uncoded items instead :p. There is a reason why no staff has commented on gothitelle and regenerator till now cause both are not ban worthy at-least till scarf arrives for gothitelle and swag-bro was never op to begin with.

And i repeat that banning said mons for a excuse of missing items and abilities will only bring in harm to the metagame in the long run and there is absolutely no guarantee that the state of pvp will freshen up even after you ban gothitelle and regenerator "getting falsely targeted" slowbro.

Now Mr. "The PvP Champion" rudolph first of all bro add weights to your point and explain your reasoning please and bart is better and has better understanding of the metagame than you. First of all your justification is slowbro is only dead with special attackers if opponent is dumb ? bro do you even know what prediction and double switch-ins and agrresive play-style and hyper offense is ? and what is "blissey function" ? kindly enlighten me other than it being a pink blob that dies to hazards and any decent physical attacker.

Oh sir,

Bart is better than me how can you sure about that, whats measurement did you use? Double switch for what sir, slowbro check the normal dmg while blissey check the special dmg, it does not matter what you switch in and even if you set hazard a prepared stall team always have rapid spin or defog.

And sir, you are not a good PvP player either, whats your rating now? how can you talk big and teach other people like you know everything. People here only give their opinion sir, and you don't have to be rude towards other.