Focus Sash Poll - to make it not consumed in PvP

Zinsmiter

Should Focus Sash be changed to a non-consumed item in PvP?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should Focus Sash be changed to a non-consumed item in PvP?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Koichi is an old boss who has yet to be revamped. Most other bosses who drop it (at least 4). drop them in quantities of 3+

However i will take it into advisement and add it to more relevant bosses as low tier rewards (more likely to get)

It will hlwever, not be made a permanent item. Bulbapedia states its a consumable item, and this is a MMO, if we followed the handhelds exactly we would also make TMs infinite useable.

In the future there will be more permanent ways to get battle oriented items.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

220262 Koichi is an old boss who has yet to be revamped. Most other bosses who drop it (at least 4). drop them in quantities of 3+

However i will take it into advisement and add it to more relevant bosses as low tier rewards (more likely to get)

It will hlwever, not be made a permanent item. Bulbapedia states its a consumable item, and this is a MMO, if we followed the handhelds exactly we would also make TMs infinite useable.

Bulbapedia doesn't mention the refunding that takes place when you use it to battle other players but it does indeed take place. And it still remains consumable in PvE.

Just increasing the drop rate on more bosses won't really solve the issue. You are still unable to use the item if you play PvP frequently.

When Koichi first came out with his 20% chance to give you focus sash IF you could defeat him it was still hard to get. You don't need to make it consumable in PvP in order to make it fit an MMO playstyle. If you ever played World of Warcraft you would know that your weapon wouldn't just disappear if you used it to duel your friends as many times you would like. You still worked for that weapon even though it doesn't get consumed. Imagine your weapon having 50 charges and 1 would get burned when you dueled a friend. Then there was days cooldown on the dungeon with 4% drop chance on a weapon. It's not farmable if you duel a lot. Just like the case of Focus Sash. If i farm Dragonites for 50 hours and i finally get the one i want, it won't become broken in a PvP match either. I would have worked for that Dragonite and i spent a lot of time to get my first Focus Sash at Koichi before they got added other places since i didn't get it the first many times.

Until Focus Sash becomes non-consumed in PvP or becomes an item you can buy or an item that is farmable in unlimited numbers if time is actively spent it will not be usable for players taking PvP seriously and playing a great amount. It's still a punishment for playing the game. I don't recall infinite useable TMs in the handhelds but then again i haven't been playing every single pokemon game so maybe it occured. You don't need unlimited TM's however. If max 10 pokemons you use need Shadow Ball TM. You will never need to farm more than 10. The equivalent to the Focus Sash situation would be that you would have to use TM for Shadow Ball every time you used the move which again would lead to the situation where the farm rate has no chance of catching up to players playing a lot of PvP using Shadow Ball all the time.

It's not a solution.

I can't stress enough how adding a few more to boss rewards or upping the chance doesn't change the situation for the players playing a lot of PvP. Those 20 focus sashes can be spent in a day. Having 28 instead does nothing.

i agree focus sash is unplayable right now, you can't play ten times the pvp with focus sash and not is a overpower item, just a few pokemons can use this item properly

is basically as if the item does not exist, I have several games in pvp and never saw whether a player using... this is for sure not right

Making Focus Sash not consumable in PvP would flood the game with it. I agree that it is barely usable as it is now, but the proper solution would be to make it farmable. Making bosses drop them is a good idea, but it isn't nearly enough if you're doing PvP often with a sash set.

Thor did mention that there will be a more permanent way to get battle oriented items, but for now, I agree that they should be made purchasable or at least be common drops from digs/headbutts. They're useful, but nowhere near useful enough to be closely controlled.

220262 if we followed the handhelds exactly we would also make TMs infinite useable.

With all my respect to you, i'm sorry to say that this argument isn't relevant, you don't need to use a TM on a pokemon everytime his move went down to 0 PP so basically even if TM aren't infinite, you still need just only 1 TM per pokemon.

220262 if we followed the handhelds exactly we would also make TMs infinite useable.

With all my respect to you, i'm sorry to say that this argument isn't relevant, you don't need to use a TM on a pokemon everytime his move went down to 0 PP so basically even if TM aren't infinite, you still need just only 1 TM per pokemon.

That is not a argument, it was a example for why we did not make TM's same as in handheld.

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

Awesome to read. :Heart:

220126 If that's the case, imagine people can have unlimited Focus Sashes. Therefore, I'm sure more than 75% of sweeper Pokes you find in PvP will be sturdy and the actual sturdy ability will be pointless. There's a reason why Nintendo makes Focus Sash a consumable item in the first place.

I dont completly disagree here tho. But i doubt that sweepers like e.g. dragonite prefer a focus sash over a lum-berry or other pvp-items if implemented.

Just an idea to solve this issue: Make every new PVP-item (like Orbs/Choice-Items) incl. focus sashes a untradable item, of which u can just obtain 1 or maybe 2 via Quest/Boss.

Or implement a system which just let u use one different item before u enter queue with 6x100pokes.

Just an idea tho!:)

Receiving at least 5 focus sash as rewards would be better as only 3 or sometimes 1 -_-

Just take a look at the top ladder, how many battles they do (most of them). You cannot rely on that item to make your strategy, therefore its useless, as somebody said. However, I agree with Integer. Unlimited would be worse.

4FVP

So everytime you would want a fast and fragile lead poke to have a chance against the wall one, by using strategies based on focus sash you have to wait for weeks before you can go in a pvp? This just contributes to more stall teams being used and of course a good player KNOWS that an entire team holding focus sash would be a bad choice because of entry hazards and such.

Still, if we get this kind of situation, it's because the other important items weren't added yet so people wouldn't have a choice.

So I agree consumable items should return after pvp like it shouldn't be, just to reinforce what I said, it's pretty bad that you are only allowed a few matches using a Infernape/Mamoswine/Aerodactyl lead, for example, to work properly by disrupting the opponent team before they are ko'ed.