Official Tournament Talk

Rekkuza

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is, you can't deny that regardless of whether you agree or not with the OT rule, it brings a new light to the game, it actually encourages the use of OT pokemon, rather than selling them, and it'll result in new faces being seen, whether if they aren't into PvP as much due to the dominance of a select group of players, or because they don't feel like they have a chance. I really am going to enjoy the tournament personally, and there's no denying that this will be entertaining. Very nice job by the staff :)

319686 Trainer without the possibility to buy or afford ms (whether with real money or ingame money) are not able to get them like excadrill wich is an epic battler and essential for a sandstorm team). So people without membership are at a huge disadvantage.... This smells a little bit like pay2win...

Lol, if anything, it would be a P2W without the OT rule, speaking from someone who bought most of the pvp pokemons - whoever has more money and can pay for the 31*6 pokemon wins.

3sJBaVY.gif

I do think the OT rule is a brilliant idea to give newer, less wealthy trainers a fair chance at winning. I also, however, understand the frustration of the top tier of veterans who have shed blood, sweat, and tears gathering their pvp pokemon.

Perhaps the best option, as someone mentioned earlier, is to have two separate tournaments with slightly different rules. One being limited to OT pokemon, the other being an anything goes (OT or not).

Unfortunately, this would undeniably separate the skill level of the participants in the respective tournament. The most experienced pvp veterans would all be in the anything goes bracket, while the OT bracket would see mostly newer trainers and the occasional OT enthusiast veteran. So perhaps the OT bracket would be dominated by experienced pvp veterans who have invested a significant amount of time to catching and training their own pokemon.

It seems like there is no easy way to go about this, I just want you to know that all the staff's work is insanely appreciated. You can never please everyone, that's just politics.

I think that the OT rule shouldn't be there for a competitive event like a tournament in PRO, that's like wanting to make an Olympic game open to more people by restricting the amount of training an athlete can do.

A core component to PRO is its market, trading pokemon and farming money to buy pokemon is a fundamental element to the game, and no one (or very few people, for personal choice) ever paid much attention to the OT, considering only the “quality” of the pokemon.

Everyone in this MMO strived to get the best possible combination of ability/nature/IVs, that can be achieved through 2 different ways: hunting or trading. Since everyone knows that the spawn rates are specifically designed for a MMO environment (some pokemon are so rare that only few players will be ever able to obtain epic ones through hunting), restricting a tournament to OT-only pokemon really upsets everyone who focused and spent a lot of time into obtaining really good pokemon through trading.

A “tournament” is itself the definition of competitiveness, the best player wins, it's not something that should be designed to give a winning-chance to as many people as possible by providing an equal “disadvantage” to everyone.

The OT rule not only penalizes the veteran players without almost any OT pokemon left (because the longer you’re in the game, the more epic pokemon you get, the less OT pokemon you have because you realized that in order to get a good competitive team, trading is necessary), but also penalizes the less experienced players that focused on trading since very early in the game.

The OT-rule makes this tournament designed in a way that “lucky” people are given an enormous advantage, the one with the better legendary or the better luck in general will prevail. The ones with experience in PvP won’t likely participate by hunting a whole new team specifically for this tournament, given all the effort that they put into building a good competitive team already.

If the original intention of the event was to involve a wider amount of people, probably a better idea would be to design a different kind of event that gives clear advantages to lucky people and puts everyone in the same starting position, something like a hide and seek event or anything different from a PvP tournament.

Tournaments will be always won by people with experience in PvP and that are likely already in the ladder, like Olympic games will be always won by the best athlete that put the most effort into training.

That said, it’s just my opinion, and as a former staffer I’d like to see the community appreciating the effort of the current staffers that dedicated their time into making this event as enjoyable as possible for you. We can all post our criticism in a way that doesn’t demoralize the people that are working hard for PRO community (there is already someone who takes good care of constantly doing so, no need to add the community to that as well). Everything can be talked through in a nice way <3

Guest shewas15

Indeed, despite that. A legend that noone has for a quite long while is something worth to fight for ;)

Well for red serveur ,that's the worst legendary pokemon you can get even in the official game , and competitivly speaking, Mesprit is far from being good . So a pvp event got as a reward for the winner, something bad for pvpving ? And for the others reward for a veteran player are kind of meh , it's 800k-1m , and a limited old edition clothes (worth an hundred of pvp coins ) , and for the few of us (in red serv tho) , possessing all the clothes (or almost all of them , yeah im missing the purple kappa , and don't own everything in the same account ) , and having a ton of money as well , i'll go ahead and speak for us , we don't care at all , the reward isn't at the level of a one year event tournament should be, Ah yeah we still got a chance to get in hands the worst legendary pokemon :y: . Dunno , let's all participate ! (it's actually a good event for the kind of new players , and decently olds one )

And about the OT rules :

It's probably one of the fairest rule there can be , it puts everyone on the same high , don't give thoose craps argument about older players , it sounds more like somes whinning in my ears tbh . Ivs are not everything like mentionned by hide earier (even nature , but anyone can't pull that off ) . But yeah ppl with an H.a tflamme AND an H.a Goth with their ot got a serious advantage let's be honest there. Current meta is all about tflamme and excadrill , and this rules will bring some fresh air for people bored playing against the same team every damn game .

And for myself , Everything i run are from my OT except few things (2 or 3) , not really mattering tho , but yeah i still don't have any will to join . Gl for the others anyway .

319667 I don't understand the hate towards the OT rule. Do you wanna see a MestrePokemon and Weiiii final again on red?
You made my "day" for a whole year lol

319699 That said, it’s just my opinion, and as a former staffer I’d like to see the community appreciating the effort of the current staffers that dedicated their time into making this event as enjoyable as possible for you. We can all post our criticism in a way that doesn’t demoralize the people that are working hard for PRO community (there is already someone who takes good care of constantly doing so, no need to add the community to that as well). Everything can be talked through in a nice way <3
Ikr , if only ... Na

And you think that non OT team isn't pay to win?

Lol, if anything, it would be a P2W without the OT rule, speaking from someone who bought most of the pvp pokemons - whoever has more money and can pay for the 31*6 pokemon wins.

be3f9392ed274177b88eb91847df784a.png

source: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pay-to-win

Without the OT rule, I dont necessarily need ms to get ms only pokes. I can just buy and use them with ingame money. No real money is needed.

My reaction when people ask me if I'm the Barney from "Barney & Friends"