New Island in sight! Pinkan Island!

Unknown007

My apologies for not being precise with my words. SPECIAL POKEMONS? IS THAT BETTER?

Well, special Pokemon, special conditions/costs? Seriously though, I cannot find the weight in your arguments at all. At this point, it feels impossible to even try to have a decent conversation with you.

353014 can reduce the price for enter :Cry: 20k enter island and another 20k enter forest is bit too much :confused: total 40k

That's right. You've been playing for almost a year now. I would have thought the cost would be affordable, and unlike Safari Zone, there's no time limit. While it costs 20k to get there, you can farm as much as you want for 20k per entry, which brings the cost lower than 40k each time you go there in the long run, if you want to get pink Pokemon. Then again, you don't have to get them if you think it's too much.

Official discord chat.

Be polite and patient if you need support. While users with the symbols +, % and @ are the chat staff, they are not necessarily also game staff, but they can usually advise you. That said, forums are better for reporting issues and bugs.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

352880 Well, the players who've been around a long time ask for money sinks, so we added one.

When we had decents one, they got remooved later for being "p2w" , or either too strong pvpwise , when adding smthing decreasing the god's rng rate of farming time would be a good one , and at the same time being a money sink thing (take 3 mon ,add 50k and a scynhro of your choice, you got the same one with randomized ivs & abi , i.e 3-5 trash larvitar+synchro of your choice =new one ,gotta help aswell with the awful limited pc,such as the large amount of time you have to waste clearing box full of trash mon) ,

meanwile pinkan island was higher in the "must to do chart" ,definitly over remolding the PC or finding a way to hel the player base stopping to decrease days by days bcs how limited the end game is ,after clearing the story , what is left to do ?

RANDOM reward from easy to beat boss (yet 3consecutives wins was done to help with the rng ,you still have your wanted reward being randomized) ,

Ranked pvp if you could call that pvp tbh ,

RANDOM amount of time you have to waste farming smthing ,

RANDOM catchable legendaries ,

quests with RANDOM rewards from RANDOM catched pokemons ,

RANDOM everything based around luck basically , and rgn never finished well with an online game except HS ,

( if i have to show some honesty here , "POKEMON" is saving all this flaws, because this is pokemon and gamefreak/nitendo still didn't made his own mmo game (pokemon is one of THOOSE game selling the most ,look how Pokemon GO impacted the world ,tommorow we got an official Pokemon mmo game = you got the idea ) ,

pro got a player base (others "unlegit" pokemon mmo games kind of suck tbh too ) but the reason behind it is the huge player base blizzard's franchise own ,

once i read on this forum this was the easiest mmo , another dumb thing you can read on internet , any online game got something to deal with bad rng over time , meanwhile more of the time having good RNG in an mmo game was a time saver or could considerate yourself extremly lucky ,

i mean you'r ready to farm a dungeon 30 times , and this isn't going to be funny , to get only one piece of stuff ,while you still have a really low chance of dropping the same piece aka 0.01% (random numbers just exemple) ,

but yeah after clearing thoose 30dungeon you are SURE of getting at least your item ,so you always know you'r not totally wasting your time ,most of the time the item end up being bounded so , you can alterate that exemple for others mmo games except TCG one ,openning packs will always be RNG . (if after reading that you are asking yourself why there are so much bot in PRO , i feel sorry for you )

Meanwhile in PRO, some people are farming t9 for MONTHS , after 1X-2X-3X box of the same t9 , none of them are OK or worth being played ,behind that you have to waste 1-2hours throwing them later , since you got nthing to do with them , what left ? a disgusting feeling in your mouth about the time you wasted , and only luck could'v changed that . And you know what ? Event are aswell based around RNG , new content is RNG , this would be okay with a way of dealing with this same "RNG" (look at the x-mas event, people wasted the whole event time farming eevee, some did not catch a themed one, while some farmed probably 1/5 of their time and got one or two , gotta admit that was a huge money sink here , i myself got a shiny tauros ,but yeah x-mas eevee was never in sight ) Im pretty sure trading one box of full freshly catched eevee with your own OT for an x-mas one wouldn't broke the game and the event's reason of existing . (basic exemple of dealing with bad rng over time ,took that exemple from summer island's shop with starters, you got trash ? fine at least you got cosmetic with them ,you could even make the x-mas eevee not tradable) , if a lot of veteran/older players are leaving , or are totally ignoring thoose event , reasons behind that are pretty obvious .

I read aswell on this forum , player was so picky about how the pvp is coded when you got a "ton" of thing to do when you hit pro's lategame ,

Well , PVP in pro , is the only thing "not too much rng based thing to do" (Hello freeze rate <3 ) , after farming like a dog , pokemons are used for what ? PvP most of the time , so if people are whinning about how pvp is poorly invested by the staff , the major reason isn't players are snooty having a name in a mean-nothing-laderboard , na except PvPing the WHOLE end-game is RNG , and spending hours doing thing related to luck as the most end-game thing you can do in a game isn't really appreciated . (You don't bread perfect pokemon in the official game because this is funny, na it's for pvp ) , for myself (even tho you readers don't give a .... ) i took a huge of time forcing me to do jirachi quest , since the first two were legit trash (even tho sometimes you see me playing with them in ranked, but you gotta blame the no-existing pro's lvl in pvp ,and thoose mon are still 600 BS) , and having no power from interacting with jirachi's ivs , you know what ? it ended being a third trash one , remiding myself why i wasted so much time doing a one time rng thing when i knew it would be trash aswell (country thing , 2 without 3 ) .

Mimimimimimimii

353033 Well, special Pokemon, special conditions/costs? Seriously though, I cannot find the weight in your arguments at all. At this point, it feels impossible to even try to have a decent conversation with you.

I guess he is talking about new pokemon, some people don't care about the recolored pokemon.

353033 That's right. You've been playing for almost a year now. I would have thought the cost would be affordable, and unlike Safari Zone, there's no time limit. While it costs 20k to get there, you can farm as much as you want for 20k per entry, which brings the cost lower than 40k each time you go there in the long run, if you want to get pink Pokemon. Then again, you don't have to get them if you think it's too much.

I didn't test this too much but is it correct that you can't go back to the pokecenter after you paid the 20k entry fee, if yes; well make the overall costs 40k at the sailor -> would make more sense to me; in order to check stats of caught pokemon, recharge PP and so on

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

However it's true that adding one new pokemon, not 23, just one new pokemon (maybe one of the few starter missing, not an useless poke) will make people think it's worth to spend 40k for that island.

I still didn't start a pink hunt, I have everything ready but I'm not sure to start it. But with a new poke to hunt...

After all, the last 2 pokemon added were Snivy in 2017 and skiddo back in september 2016.

353082 When we had decents one, they got remooved later for being "p2w" , or either too strong pvpwise , when adding smthing decreasing the god's rng rate of farming time would be a good one , and at the same time being a money sink thing (take 3 mon ,add 50k and a scynhro of your choice, you got the same one with randomized ivs & abi , i.e 3-5 trash larvitar+synchro of your choice =new one ,gotta help aswell with the awful limited pc,such as the large amount of time you have to waste clearing box full of trash mon) ,

meanwile pinkan island was higher in the "must to do chart" ,definitly over remolding the PC or finding a way to hel the player base stopping to decrease days by days bcs how limited the end game is ,after clearing the story , what is left to do ?

-full dex (including all evolved pokemon)

-all quests

-celadon daily quests (good revamp on that btw; we can choose the reward now)

-doctors quests

.pvp (get into the ladder multiple times in order to buy all mounts/sets/items)

-dig spots/headbutts

-love island rocksmash things

-excavation sites (get to 6k disc.)

there is a lot to do, trust me with that

353082 RANDOM reward from easy to beat boss (yet 3consecutives wins was done to help with the rng ,you still have your wanted reward being randomized) ,

Ranked pvp if you could call that pvp tbh ,

RANDOM amount of time you have to waste farming smthing ,

RANDOM catchable legendaries ,

quests with RANDOM rewards from RANDOM catched pokemons ,

RANDOM everything based around luck basically , and rgn never finished well with an online game except HS ,

( if i have to show some honesty here , "POKEMON" is saving all this flaws, because this is pokemon and gamefreak/nitendo still didn't made his own mmo game (pokemon is one of THOOSE game selling the most ,look how Pokemon GO impacted the world ,tommorow we got an official Pokemon mmo game = you got the idea ) ,

pro got a player base (others "unlegit" pokemon mmo games kind of suck tbh too ) but the reason behind it is the huge player base blizzard's franchise own ,

once i read on this forum this was the easiest mmo , another dumb thing you can read on internet , any online game got something to deal with bad rng over time , meanwhile more of the time having good RNG in an mmo game was a time saver or could considerate yourself extremly lucky ,

i mean you'r ready to farm a dungeon 30 times , and this isn't going to be funny , to get only one piece of stuff ,while you still have a really low chance of dropping the same piece aka 0.01% (random numbers just exemple) ,

but yeah after clearing thoose 30dungeon you are SURE of getting at least your item ,so you always know you'r not totally wasting your time ,most of the time the item end up being bounded so , you can alterate that exemple for others mmo games except TCG one ,openning packs will always be RNG . (if after reading that you are asking yourself why there are so much bot in PRO , i feel sorry for you )

wrong gametype for you then, MMO is meant to be hard and RNG is meant to be there

353082 Meanwhile in PRO, some people are farming t9 for MONTHS , after 1X-2X-3X box of the same t9 , none of them are OK or worth being played ,behind that you have to waste 1-2hours throwing them later , since you got nthing to do with them , what left ? a disgusting feeling in your mouth about the time you wasted , and only luck could'v changed that . And you know what ? Event are aswell based around RNG , new content is RNG , this would be okay with a way of dealing with this same "RNG" (look at the x-mas event, people wasted the whole event time farming eevee, some did not catch a themed one, while some farmed probably 1/5 of their time and got one or two , gotta admit that was a huge money sink here , i myself got a shiny tauros ,but yeah x-mas eevee was never in sight ) Im pretty sure trading one box of full freshly catched eevee with your own OT for an x-mas one wouldn't broke the game and the event's reason of existing . (basic exemple of dealing with bad rng over time ,took that exemple from summer island's shop with starters, you got trash ? fine at least you got cosmetic with them ,you could even make the x-mas eevee not tradable) , if a lot of veteran/older players are leaving , or are totally ignoring thoose event , reasons behind that are pretty obvious .

still the mmo rng factor here

353082 I read aswell on this forum , player was so picky about how the pvp is coded when you got a "ton" of thing to do when you hit pro's lategame ,

Well , PVP in pro , is the only thing "not too much rng based thing to do" (Hello freeze rate <3 ) , after farming like a dog , pokemons are used for what ? PvP most of the time , so if people are whinning about how pvp is poorly invested by the staff , the major reason isn't players are snooty having a name in a mean-nothing-laderboard , na except PvPing the WHOLE end-game is RNG , and spending hours doing thing related to luck as the most end-game thing you can do in a game isn't really appreciated . (You don't bread perfect pokemon in the official game because this is funny, na it's for pvp ) , for myself (even tho you readers don't give a .... ) i took a huge of time forcing me to do jirachi quest , since the first two were legit trash (even tho sometimes you see me playing with them in ranked, but you gotta blame the no-existing pro's lvl in pvp ,and thoose mon are still 600 BS) , and having no power from interacting with jirachi's ivs , you know what ? it ended being a third trash one , remiding myself why i wasted so much time doing a one time rng thing when i knew it would be trash aswell (country thing , 2 without 3 ) .

I did all my three legendaries in less than a month (after I started PRO), breeding was never meant to be in a MMO

MMO = RNG, deal with it

btw, you are just complaining about your bad RNG, this area is a permanent area, so you can go there as long as you want in order to catch a pink pokemon without being scared that the "event" might be over soon

353088 However it's true that adding one new pokemon, not 23, just one new pokemon (maybe one of the few starter missing, not an useless poke) will make people think it's worth to spend 40k for that island.

I still didn't start a pink hunt, I have everything ready but I'm not sure to start it. But with a new poke to hunt...

After all, the last 2 pokemon added were Snivy in 2017 and skiddo back in september 2016.

I think rotom was somewhere in there and Tepig was removed duo being shiny in the summer event, we got a few evolves (Malamar, Pangoro) but I do agree, a new tier9 pokemon would be nice on top of the new area.

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

My apologies for not being precise with my words. SPECIAL POKEMONS? IS THAT BETTER?

Well, special Pokemon, special conditions/costs? Seriously though, I cannot find the weight in your arguments at all. At this point, it feels impossible to even try to have a decent conversation with you.

353014 can reduce the price for enter :Cry: 20k enter island and another 20k enter forest is bit too much :confused: total 40k

That's right. You've been playing for almost a year now. I would have thought the cost would be affordable, and unlike Safari Zone, there's no time limit. While it costs 20k to get there, you can farm as much as you want for 20k per entry, which brings the cost lower than 40k each time you go there in the long run, if you want to get pink Pokemon. Then again, you don't have to get them if you think it's too much.

Conversation? All you've done this entire time is been a condescending jerk and used flimsy arguments such as "if you don't like it don't go". How about you bring an actual argument to the table instead of deflecting into attacking my wording and phrasing? There are a good portion of the playerbase that would love to use "recolored" pokemon as Prehax put it.

353092 -full dex (including all evolved pokemon)

After ?

353092 -all quests

After bis

353092 celadon daily quests (good revamp on that btw; we can choose the reward now)

RNG

353092 wrong gametype for you then, MMO is meant to be hard and RNG is meant to be there

Isn't pro meant to be a Pokemon MMO game ?

353092 -dig spots/headbutts

RNG

353092 .pvp (get into the ladder multiple times in order to buy all mounts/sets/items)

Done (at least for myself ) im at a point im using my 1k3 left pvp coin buying master ball rushing mineral exca site (beldum obv)(and if you honestly read what i wrote , and even checked once the ladder as you said ,you wouldn't ever say that to me)

353092 I did all my three legendaries in less than a month (after I started PRO), breeding was never meant to be in a MMO

So what ? still one time RNG , did i ever mentionned aswell breeding need to be implemented ? and not having is the reason of existing to farm like a dog .

353092 MMO = RNG, deal with it

rng is meant to Kind of expend the life time of the game ? but any MMO got a way to deal with rng with time ? I clearly showed it with one of the most basic exemple , you skipped that part aswell .

353092 btw, you are just complaining about your bad RNG, this area is a permanent area, so you can go there as long as you want in order to catch a pink pokemon without being scared that the "event" might be over soon

Did i spoke for me except the legendary part ? why a ton of people whinned about the x-mas event (i did not ,i wasn't even here for the most part of december ) and so ? still rng as hell to get a pink version , rgn based ivs, abi and nature ?(just look at scyther , after a year you might finally meet one , and not a technicien one lmao) I did not play for almost a weak , came back because someone send me a message about the island beign released , i came, i heard it's the same as the x-mas event ,(being permently or not that's not the problem ) , why i would bother farming like a dog AGAIN ? I tried 4 pvp game ,i got frozen 3 times out of 3 by icebeam , rolf , i alt f4'ed them all , dunno why they are still no forfeit button yet.

And btw , you dodged everything i said with bs argument , without seeing farer of your nose . You love the game i get it , but ignoring all the flaws me and others player pointed out is just showing how much a fan you are, nothing less . Even tho putting that in mind, answering by what pro's end game is ,this isn't clouding my judgment abotu what you said , it's still all about RNG based ,so if i finished the game ,except pvping i have to headbutt/digs like a tard with rng "rewards" out of that . You can earnestly do your trees all days, without seeing once a chimchar , and one day a random guy see one twice in a row (true story here ) doing his own tree randomly once a week ? Why shouldn't he BE rewarded by doing them everydays for a year ?(yeah catching 30 gale wings less isn't painfull for all this players) Why there nothing such as a way to deal with rng over time ? Is that a problem to "trade" them for another randomized bird ? is it going to break the game ? Isn't he still going to do his trees since he knows even tho he's going to get trash one , he still has a CHANCE (yeah rng) to get a better one ? Meanwhile it's a way of recycling thoose mon without wasting that much time thrashing them with the so-so thing called PC . Making your game , and is whole (or almost ) gameplay based around RNG is a huge conception flaw , and that was confirmed by the ton of online game closed of after the long road they did because of that . (except really huge licence , and here we go back to my precious argument with pokemon being one of thoose license and why pro got at least a thing we can call a player base )

EDIT :

352993 its not an event, its a permanent endgame area for players who have nothing else to do in this game anymore

since when is Scizor/Elec/Politoed/Poliwrath and so on not playable?

I clearly and other as well pointed out the statment of us being done with the rng matter , w'r done doing rng stuff , so they add another "end game stuff" rng based , you get the point there ? YOu said yourself there are always thing to do as end-game, but all of them are rng , this isn't going to change something adding another rng thing, if you still don't get the thing, i can't give you more hint than that (i mean by that doing rng thing , without stuff decreasing the rng ratio over time , trading one box of scyther for a pink one might end with more people farming , easy as that )

Mimimimimimimii

353112 -snip-

Hello SheWas18,

so since this whole quote by quote by quote thingy kinda annoys me (never did before), I am writing a text towards you.

First of all I would like to point out that I have no clue who you are or on what server you are playing, so no; your name never popped up since you are clearly not a yellow player.

You clearly have no clue who I am too, since if you read just one or two posts about the things I say, you would never say that : "how much a fan you are, nothing less".

I had way too many discussion about bad things in PRO but RNG was never one of them. You are clearly not getting the whole point of "RNG".

I farmed a lot during the X-Mas/Clone event and got only 2 clones, thats it. I clearly can see why people are complaining but in order to make these pokemon special they have to be "rare" (low droprates).

The point of pokemons being "rng" nature+ability, I think you know what a Alakazam Sync + role play does, right?

In order to make this not off-topic, the drop rates for the Pinkan Island are fine, I saw a few people already have some good ones and this should stay that way.

SheWas18 raised some nice arguments tbf. I'm fine with the game being based on RNG, that's completely normal but time spent should somehow be rewarded as well. I'm not salty over other players getting lucky (I do get lucky occasionally as well), but it does really annoy me when I spend a huge amount of time for something and not get anything in return. I'm sure lots of other people feel that way. Some sort of progressive RNG could be implemented.

___

Also, while this may not be the right topic I'll still write anyway. It's good that you're trying to add more money sinks where possible to keep the economy healthy while also adding other things to find balance between that and convenience (see: transport ticket). I really appreciate that.

However I do believe that there are alternative methods which can combine the two. An example is Power Items. I'm not 100% sure if these will be implemented anytime soon (or ever), but Power Items can almost half the time players spend on EV training. While this provides more convenience, it also results in less money generated (less Pokemon fainted = less money) so it's a win-win situation. A change in Exp formula can also have the same outcome.

And the time we, as players, save on training would most likely be invested in hunting. Hunting = spending money on Pokeballs, potions, fees (safari etc)... I'd say it's worth considering.

When we had decents one, they got remooved later for being "p2w" , or either too strong pvpwise , when adding smthing decreasing the god's rng rate of farming time would be a good one , and at the same time being a money sink thing (take 3 mon ,add 50k and a scynhro of your choice, you got the same one with randomized ivs & abi , i.e 3-5 trash larvitar+synchro of your choice =new one ,gotta help aswell with the awful limited pc,such as the large amount of time you have to waste clearing box full of trash mon) ,

Well, I'm very sorry. While I would love to work on those things, they are not things I can even remotely touch (and everything you mentioned afterwards). Content is done by the content team (artist, scripter, mapper) with input from all the other staff. All you mentioned above are things that the developer only can change. In these conditions, removing the RNG aspect would mean players would complete everything that much faster.

You talk about RNG being the reason why bots exist in game, but bots exist in games that also don't involve RNG. All games that involve progression equate time to progress, and that's what bots excel at. The traditional Pokemon game format is a progression game, we cannot change it. Yes, that's not something impossible to do, but when that will happen, it won't be a Pokemon game like those that exist anymore, that a lot of people enjoy playing.

If you are so much against RNG, then I don't think PRO is your game. You'll make yourself happier playing simulators that give you the Pokemon you want on a silver plate.

PS: I would really appreciate it if you could paragraph your posts properly and use a better English. I will proceed to ignore any further posts going in the same direction from you because I really don't know what you are doing here anymore if you don't like PRO.

Conversation? All you've done this entire time is been a condescending [Censored] and used flimsy arguments such as "if you don't like it don't go". How about you bring an actual argument to the table instead of deflecting into attacking my wording and phrasing? There are a good portion of the playerbase that would love to use "recolored" pokemon as Prehax put it.

What's left to counter argument when the argument itself doesn't carry any weight? It's wording. I already gave you arguments, you flatly rejected them. How am I supposed to take yours? I'll say it one last time: in any game, there are aspects that some people won't consider fun/worthwhile. We cannot satisfy everyone the same way because everyone is different. Content is added to hopefully be fun for as many people as possible. There's always going to be some people who don't like it for their own reasons, it's not because of that that things will change.

I will ignore anything else that comes from you because seriously, I cannot change how you think.

353195 SheWas18 raised some nice arguments tbf. I'm fine with the game being based on RNG, that's completely normal but time spent should somehow be rewarded as well. I'm not salty over other players getting lucky (I do get lucky occasionally as well), but it does really annoy me when I spend a huge amount of time for something and not get anything in return. I'm sure lots of other people feel that way. Some sort of progressive RNG could be implemented.

___

Also, while this may not be the right topic I'll still write anyway. It's good that you're trying to add more money sinks where possible to keep the economy healthy while also adding other things to find balance between that and convenience (see: transport ticket). I really appreciate that.

However I do believe that there are alternative methods which can combine the two. An example is Power Items. I'm not 100% sure if these will be implemented anytime soon (or ever), but Power Items can almost half the time players spend on EV training. While this provides more convenience, it also results in less money generated (less Pokemon fainted = less money) so it's a win-win situation. A change in Exp formula can also have the same outcome.

And the time we, as players, save on training would most likely be invested in hunting. Hunting = spending money on Pokeballs, potions, fees (safari etc)... I'd say it's worth considering.

I would love to be able to do those, but as of now, that's not possible with what we have. I cannot change the spawn rates of wild Pokemon, and let alone make it different based on a player's play time.

I would love to add items, fix existing ones, yet again, it's not within the things I have access to. The single person who is able to do it has a lot less free time than I probably do...

Official discord chat.

Be polite and patient if you need support. While users with the symbols +, % and @ are the chat staff, they are not necessarily also game staff, but they can usually advise you. That said, forums are better for reporting issues and bugs.