Staff pokes - Is this really what the PVP community wants?

Crokstar

I'll take myself as an exemple: back when i was in blaze i had already 2 staffmons and was using them in ranked but it never bothered much people there, now that i left the guild seems like everyone is against it, isnt this some kind of huge hypocrisy ?

Well tim you know bro the word "everyone against it" is kinda huge especially since you mentioned a name of a guild as a whole. You know not only crock that opposed it. You know i'm cool about it. I believe what you said which is staff have the complete right to enjoy their pokes. Whatever staff use isn't making them invinsible. But it isn't like people are turning salty about it "just now". It's just because these staff pokes are being obvious these days again and they actually lost pvps because of them like S latios for example when they didn't held a counter in an unbalanced team. Yet it's their bad not the staff's. All I want to say is yes , it might seem hypocrisy but it isn't to be generalized by a name of a guild (it's few cases that most veterans don't find a problem about) and especially since I believe more people from other guilds don't like these type of pokes again. Staff deserve the best for their effort and that's without a doubt and I know that you guys are tired of this whole topic of "staff pokes" but well .. Communities and people are everywhere in life and you find the complains xD. But personally I wouldn't mind be hitted with OP legendary pokes that I can't use myself. But I'm not even a tiny portion from the community alone. So good luck guys in handling the burden of the community about this issue (Not a joke , i'm serious but i really figured that itt's being dead issue and being revived in the time being which is actually sad).

vumEKxK.gif

EQ12KQh.png

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I'll give my insights now. Heads up, if you might be against what I am about to say, reply here in a civil way, I took several time to study this case in a overall manner and to be the most acceptable way.

Furthermore, I'd like to start with saying the TLDR : I will not make all staff reward pokemons away from PvP.

There isn't just PvP in PRO to think when doing changes, and staff has right to play the game and have fun. So we will be nerfing the rewards in Ranked PvP/Laddering from the current state, but won't forbid them.

You may also be interested to see a post of my own, a few months ago, in the last big case of this matter, which you can enconter here.

I talk about every topic I could think off for this, and some adaptation to the last time case.

So, lets get started.

▶︎ Staff should and will be able to play Ranked PvP/Laddering with rewards they got. They are at maximum, 2, that means, you could only receive up to 2 rewards, and this only happens once per 6 months after working several hours, multiple days during the course of it.

People overly underestimate how much effort staff put into the game, even if you are against staff as a whole or in a individual, there are people with actually thousands of hours devoted into PRO Staff'ing, which is more stressful enviroment than just pressing a few keys or the normal PvP pressure.

▶︎ Some food for thought: Imagine you get insulted on a constant basis, people trying to sue you, and tons of other ways people find to harrass you, this is how most of the staff lives currently. We don't publish this because it looks bad for the people that did that, nor I am writing this currently to make you pitty of us. But remember, after several hours, after several stress situations, after several attempts of trying to make the game better, the biggest reward staff can have are 2 pokemons in our current Reward Policy.

So in a case, the staff that was under all those circunstances (received a reward after been through a lot) only enjoys to play PvP/Laddering while playing, would get forbidden to use their reward? So part of the community that they worked for are currently taking the last few bits of fun they have in they game. In a hypothetical scenario, don't you think this is bad? If this continues to happen, there will be somewhere when the best case scenario in the future will be "staff doesn't play the game, they are disconnected", and the bad cases is where the team gets reduced because it's hard to volunteer work for something if you are just getting bashed, and then the economy gets worse, there would be more infractions unpunished all around, and then the game would just pretty much implode.

▶︎ Now talking about this case, this in all honesty seems pretty ironic that, the rewards were there for quite some time in certain staff/former staff account. Now that actually both have time to enjoy what they enjoy most, playing PRO Ranked PvP, and those two are at least known to be good or at least above average as PvP players.

Other players, which were former staff in the case I am considering the most efficient in this case, had a legendary pokemon, with extremely good stats, but yet, he wasn't as good in PvP, therefore, even though he played some there wasn't complains about it. Which leads me to think, why this ones, that aren't using even legendaries outside of whats catchable are being so atacked?

Both players, which the case I study the most, aren't unbeatable, they share same winrates or have even lower as others without any sort of reward.

▶︎ Nonetheless, I'd also like to point out this fact that, tournament rewards would be forcefully handled the same way, in the way this suggestions went through. Remember those are actually good players, who were one of the best or even the best in the tournaments that happened before. They would most likely be able to use their pokemons in a way more profitable way than an average user. This could lead to say "but in tournament everyone has a shot", which I could state that, everyone can be a staff, if you show yourself helpful, with a good mindset and apply in the open recruitments, you will be invited and trained to be staff. (More information about this in the link I posted above, which a bigger and detailed reply)

So, to end this reply, this is how it's going to be (90% decided, if you want to speak up, now its the time), if a staff wants to use their reward in Ranked PvP:

It's limited to 1 pokemon per team;

The Pokemon must be avaiable for players already.

The pokemons are also not able to be changed whenever staff/former staff so decides, they are only avaiable to do so once every 2 months, which since my promotion, I did it 3 times I guess, not big of a deal.

Furthermore, I saw suggested somewhere for us to write down which staff reward was given and to who, which I am sorry but I will refuse this idea, we need to safeguard the privacy of our members, some does not want to be public with their player account, not to hide anything, but when people want to play the game and enjoy it, being smoothered by PMs or questions are time and mentally consuming.

I'd like to also add this last part, which will be that from now on, as long as I stand here, I will not change again a PvP rule to nerf staff rewards after this case. I understand this seems mean and evil but hear me out.

The game as long as exists will keep evolving and changing, which is good correct? Over the past years the staff rewards have received changes, and besides one case, they were always nerfs. Currently, I am an Admin, which part of the role means make sure PRO and the staff are working, if we continue into a cycle of "complain>nerf" there will come to a point soon where there will be no more rewards to give to staff or anything to make them feel rewarded, none come to staff for a reward otherwise they would burn our, but there must be something so the motivation keeps high. (Again, the link I sent shows a better explanation into this matter)

So, I am sorry if I sound rude in my words, my intention is not to harm anyone feelings,

but this is an attempt to make this situation come to an end, and even tho I will be considered bias to say, I will not let the staff I work for unmotivated.

With best regards, Shamac.

THIS IS MY SIG

hElBe1C.gif

Instagram | Youtube | Twitter | Resolution Center

If you are reading this you are awesome, have fun playing with this moral boost ;)

Do not contact staff members for private support, we have awesome ways to support you and others at the same time.

Share the question on forums, as this can then be of use to others.

Please use proper forum when posting. Unsolicited messages will be removed. Thanks.

"The pokemon must be available for players already"

Does this include mons like h.a. hp fire Serperior? This pokemon is technically "available" but it is not mathematically "available". We have to wait 6 weeks to catch a Snivy and that Snivy is random nature random IV and a 5% chance to be h.a. I know that there is one or two floating around but none of them are hp fire. Staff are supposed to be taking these mons as a reward, not a chance to gain an advantage against the populace.

As i mentioned at the begining of the topic I am not against totally deleting rewards and i think community also understands that staff works hard to make the game more enjoyable but the pokes that are allowed to be IV boosted should be really in reach of players. For example players won't get constantly very high IV legendary pokes. Legendary pokes as we know do have one of the highest base stats in every tier they exist. So looking in a competitive way they do have upper hand because the legendaries actually are META pokes. There is a reason why on showdown heatran/latios/landorus etc are spammed. They are TRULY inmeta pokes so if the "normal" players encouter sucha pokes they do have hard time to get pass them since their pokes are usually:

-1st worser

-2nd not the top meta

so they are in disadvantage which when equally skilled players ( around ) meet it means that the staff poke will be able to blow through with higher probability EVEN if the other player is skilled. You can be a god of pvp but when u meet same tier speed poke but different IV's then well all knows what will happen ESPECIALLY if it is speed.

For example I was totally shocked when draco meteor latios could take more then half HP of my tyranitar in sand. Which means i could only do 2 switch ins with the result of death on second switch in and in a competitive way it would be 3 switch ins.

Same will be with staff heatran (600 base stat). Same for the pokes which get crucial tier stat while having 31 speed IV's. A normal player will RARELY EVER EVEN IF OBTAINABLE get a 31 speed IV legendary poke. So they are in lost position because they cannot have a certain poke to round around their team. This makes staff players WIDER CHOICE of making even better teams.

Same issue is for tier 9 pokes or reward pokes. A normal player always will have the disadvantage even if he is skilled.

- equal Skill+max epic poke >equal skill+not max epic poke.

And that is why it is not really fair for the rest of players.

I kindly suggest to think better of the end solution because if the door will be locked just by saying one word of staff then this shuts down further conversation and conversation is the key of making correct solutions. Personally i think many cases shouldn't be permanently shut down.

Please remember that we also put in time to play with staff players the game. If not the community the staff would only play between themselves having "fun" to a limit. We community also are putting in time:

-hard farming

-finding and reporting bugs

-helping each other in game when people which we meet are in need

We do appreciate the hardwork of staff so we should not be totally against the reward which are staff pokes. But there should be a good thought about IV's which can be on certain group of pokes ( like for legendaries/9 tier worser then the lower tier pokes) just to make things a bit fair.

I hope you big guys think wisely of the end solution before closing if that is the case the task which personally i think will be not the best decision.

Crokstar.

Obsession about mindless possession.

[mention]Shamac[/mention], you nail it pretty good in my opinion especially with the part with tournament rewards. This was one of my major concerns in "banning" spawned pokemon.

I would like to suggest though that the "months" between a reward change will be increased to 3-4 months instead of 2 months; 2 months seems like a very short time.

Also while I get why you don't want to make public who has what reward but I guess it's possible to announce what rewards are on the server e.g

Yellow: Azelf

Blue: Bisharp

Red: Latios, Talonflame, Togekiss

and so on; so people could be prepared and have some sort of knowledge about how many spawned pokemon are on the server (It's no secret that like 90% are on Red).

Eitherway: I was against a ban or limitation from the start of this discussion months ago. It is just demotivating for certain staff/fomer staff who want to enjoy their rewards and in those cases the staffs are the ones who made the game better by a huge portion (Kagawa, Mapplle for example). They should be able to use their reward of choice and on top of that there are some pokemon on the servers who look similar to staff rewards with incredible staffs; it's certainly possible to get good legendary pokemon. :P

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.

Staff deserve at least one perfect mon for the work they do. There's little difference in counterplay against a 6x31 and a 6x25 or even 6x21. Implying otherweise is honestly disingenuous. Perfect mons are not the issue. The only issue is staff using Pokemon that regular users have no access to.

Frankly, I don't mind at all if staff use six spawned mons, as long as they are catchable normally.

---

also i agree with most of shamac's post, but nerfing ranked pvp rewards? I can't motivate myself to ladder already, no need to make it worse

Fu2zc9T.jpg

Thanks to MadFrost for the signature!

As i mentioned before in some other posts, the mainly concern i had was not the use of 2 staff pokes in a team, neither i cared if you had, for example, thor`s zaptos, an unavailable legendarie for us with the proper base stat to be used.

What i cared enough and saw that it finally will be adapted, is this change your pokemon how you see fit, as i saw we can do a final post so we can be gone with this kind of posts and just enjoy our game, i will take a quote or something similar from you and say it in this manner:

As you often say and we know already and respect this, every staff gets a pokemon based on a 6 months period, i suggest for the change agreement to have not the same amount of time, but at least 5 months difference.

Thank you for staff that listened to our voice, even if some was said in a bad manner. I don`t have towards staff, but we need to have some kind of limits, so staff still enjoy their hard work rewards and players to not feel a threat so they will respond in this manner ^_^.

Enjoy your day

nDuUcdB7RIaY5oWlyXS9ww.png

I really REALLY dislike the word 'nerf'. Thats so PWO.

I also don't like the reward changing willynilly also. rewards were meant to be about providing staff with a trade off from all the hard work they do. it was supposed to be a well thought out gift of appreciation.

Im all for banning all staff pokemon from ranked, personally.

TJ6qktU.gif

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on the forums due to being of use to others. Please use proper forum. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

Well as i said before staff should get some kind of reward for time input in producing a better game so they should get the staff poke but the real thing is that this should be not a totally outstanding poke out of all others but better then average. U still get the upper hand by having a better then epicly average poke. We all know speed tiers is one of the most important factors in PVP. Let's consider what would be a better then epicly average poke to certain limits. Because the pokes which staff usually has is by pure statistics just available but nearly unreachable so there are now in pvp equal players and more equal players. People are pragmatic and it is hard to let of something that we obtained because everyone would like easy life in PVP where all scalds burn and opponent does not same as for pokes we all would like 31 speed pokes legendaries and 9 tier usuable in current meta. Think of that and consider whether you staff players do fair for PVP by having a poke which a normal player literally will not achieve. At the end you are the ones who will decide if you will still remain with your God epic legendaries or you will try to play more fair having the better then average epic ones.

Crokstar.

Obsession about mindless possession.