Rerolls for shinies

Maytal

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea absolutely terrible idea for the market and value of good shinies.

But what about implementing shiny reroll with conditions attached?

eg. The rerolled shiny has to be your OT poke

And once rerolled the poke can't be traded, much like legendaries.

This should allow rare shinies naturally spawned with good ivs to hold their value, while making shiny more useable in general?

+1. It's a brilliant suggestion imo and should have its own topic. Def something the staff should consider in the long run. It will add more flavours to the game while minimizing the effects to the current shiny economy.

• Like 2

Yea absolutely terrible idea for the market and value of good shinies.

But what about implementing shiny reroll with conditions attached?

eg. The rerolled shiny has to be your OT poke

And once rerolled the poke can't be traded, much like legendaries.

This should allow rare shinies naturally spawned with good ivs to hold their value, while making shiny more useable in general?

Yeah, shiny rerolling is a good idea (or bad, but IMO shinies deserve rerolls) depending on how the system/implementation is, and I agree with this one.

• Like 1

I think reroll for shinies, no matter how, is a terrible idea.

To my mind, rerolls were introduced to make legendaries usable for everyone, because everyone just has this one shot at every legendary, and if they end up with a bad one (like a brave Manaphy), they can never seriously use this Pokemon competitively. To prevent this from happening, rerolls were brought into the game, so that everybody basically has a change to get a kick-ass version of EVERY POKEMON in the game. So, how on earth does anyone come up with the idea to reroll shinies? Seriously, how? I don't get it.

I really regret that a lot of players get so greedy.. I mean, rerolls by themselves are a pretty great thing to have, we should be happy we can customize our legendaries like that.

• Like 1

To my mind, rerolls were introduced to make legendaries usable for everyone, because everyone just has this one shot at every legendary, and if they end up with a bad one (like a brave Manaphy), they can never seriously use this Pokemon competitively. To prevent this from happening, rerolls were brought into the game, so that everybody basically has a change to get a kick-[butt] version of EVERY POKEMON in the game. So, how on earth does anyone come up with the idea to reroll shinies? Seriously, how? I don't get it.

I really regret that a lot of players get so greedy.. I mean, rerolls by themselves are a pretty great thing to have, we should be happy we can customize our legendaries like that.

Totally agree.

To my mind, rerolls were introduced to make legendaries usable for everyone, because everyone just has this one shot at every legendary, and if they end up with a bad one (like a brave Manaphy), they can never seriously use this Pokemon competitively. To prevent this from happening, rerolls were brought into the game, so that everybody basically has a change to get a kick-[butt] version of EVERY POKEMON in the game. So, how on earth does anyone come up with the idea to reroll shinies? Seriously, how? I don't get it.

Your acting like shiny pokemon are common there actually more rare than legendaries plus this creates a shiny sink to where shinies will increase in rarity being greedy is voting against this because you want certain shiny to be an exclusive