GUILD ISLAND - I finally did it

Iriztha

Piggybacking off this post: I believe a way to handle guild island would be to allow guilds to obtain their own, customizable islands at a cost.

However, to avoid adding more work for staff, the customization part could be entirely a guild's responsibility, coming at a sizable pokedollar/cc price (which also serves to address inflation and increase guild loyalty, as well as help the game's finances).

One way that involves little staff work would be to make guilds design and submit their own islands, under specified constraints (dimensions, amount of objects, etc). This will add an interesting activity for all guilds in the form of map editing, where guilds can participate in their own map design contest and generally have fun playing around with map editor to have their own unique islands. Having something that is unique to your guild certainly helps people identify with their guild more, and make it a more active scene than it is now. This also could introduce more players to map editor and nurture future PRO map editor staff candidates, or people to help out with new event/region designs.

These custom maps, and any changes associated with them, can be uploaded with major patches every month or two, meaning its low maintenance. All that needs to be done would be to upload/change map files that the guild submits under specified constraints. Additionally, the map size, amount of zones/areas, number of buildings, and usage of specific decoration/furnitures/ornaments can be scaled to both the amount of guild donation (either CC/Pokedollars or both) AND rank. That way, PvP guilds still get the prestige, while PvE or casual guilds can also enjoy it in their own terms. Meanwhile the CC/Pokedoller cost will also help reduce inflation overall.

If guild islands are individual as such, they can also have common areas where people from other guilds/non guild people can enter to have a look around, which will allow guilds to have another way of showing off their prestige and incentivize improvements to their respective guild islands.

Just a rough idea, but i think having a special map accessible from major ports, (maybe call it guild terminal), with stalls representing each guilds with islands that directly takes you to their guild island, would be a great way to initiate this. And the respective guild islands will have the main common area where everyone has access to, and side zones that are private to the guild (where the other guild businesses, move tutors, etc are taken care of).

I knew someone would suggest that. I am just gonna say I agree with the original post but this is a big NO. Talking as a former mapper, making maps takes hours, days or weeks. We have to work on new regions, new events, new quests and it's already a ton of work. Having to find the time and motivation to make even more maps, regardless of how small or empty they are is impossible, no matter what the cost for it is. Same goes for all the scripting work required for this to happen. Hope I made my point clear and yes I see your point of view.

• Like 1

IckyInfantileHogget-size_restricted.gif

Announcements § Bug Reports § Mapper Recruitment § Mapping Bugs § Suggestions

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share the question on forums, as this can then be of use to others.

Please use the proper forums when posting. Unsolicited messages will be exterminated by a Dalek.

I totally agree too. I haven't noticed till now but yeah, everything is about PvP in this game. As for PvE players, should they stop playing ? Because at some point there's not much to do. And it really feels demotivating. I'm not a PvP player and i'm thinking about stopping playing because once you caught legendaries, what can you do ? Daily quests ? Go and catch a poke, not really funny when it's what you have to do every day. Should i stop playing because i'm not PvP player ? Should we be (PvE players) discriminated and don't able to access some places because we don't PvP ? Small guilds can't do anything since almost nobody joins small guilds. What's the point of joining a guild if we don't get any bonus ? It would have the same effect to play together outside of the guild... At least make something so that even small guilds can join the island, like a fee scaling of the number of people in the guild or a different quest to do together each season to access this island. Having an access to the Guild Island by working all together would make more sense. I repeat myself but it has to be quite difficult though and the difficulty scaled on the number of people in the guild. To avoid cheating like joining the guild after the beggining of the season to have easy requirements (like a guild of 50 players having to do a 10 players Guild quest), i also suggest to make it so Initiates can't be promoted for the 2 first weeks. This would have for consequence to make them unable to participate to that guild guest to unlock guild island.

Here's my comment concerning what the author said and what i think about it. Hope things will change. (Even if i honestly doubt it)

• Like 4

I agree. Like many players, I also got excited about the Guild Island just to find out it was aimed for PvP guilds and left out a high percentage of the players and getting disappointed with a content only accessible to a few selected.

• Like 1

"Because if there is something worth fighting for, it is life. Extinction is forever."

I knew someone would suggest that. I am just gonna say I agree with the original post but this is a big NO. Talking as a former mapper, making maps takes hours, days or weeks. We have to work on new regions, new events, new quests and it's already a ton of work. Having to find the time and motivation to make even more maps, regardless of how small or empty they are is impossible, no matter what the cost for it is. Same goes for all the scripting work required for this to happen. Hope I made my point clear and yes I see your point of view.

If you read my comment, you should realize that I was giving the burden of mapping to the guilds, not the staff exactly for this reason. Hence why I said guilds will design and submit their own, one that suits the constraints/regulations. Essentially, if the guild wants it, they have to do their part. All the staff has to do is upload them during major patches, not so frequently.

To put it simply, guilds put in work, and pay to have it shared in the game.

Following up a bit on what Aspheric has said, currently there are a lot of limitations regarding what can be and cannot be done with the current systems. Modifying small characteristic could pontentially break the game and coming up with a whole new system from scratch is not something that can be done over the course of a day, a week, or a month, it takes a considerable amount of time between coding, bug hunting, fixing bugs, bug hunting again, fixing new bugs, repeating the cycle until finally we can secure a point where these systems are ready to be implemented into the live servers.

We do understand the main issues with the actual Guild Island though, the original may not be possible to implement but im sure a workaround can be achieved.

giphy.gif.91df8c76586489c4cb7c1431882d5ae5.gif

PRO Rules | Report Center | Discipline Appeals | Punishment Policy

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others.

Unsolicited messages will be incinerated and consequently terminated in the spot.

+1

I totally agree with the post.

After the guild island update, it resulted as only the top 3 guilds being alive and other guilds dying.

Guilds are now only taking value on PvP players over PvE players.

I don't think this result is appropriate.

I think the guild island should add feature for PvE players to enter as well.

I hope this matter be considered within the staff team soon :)

• Like 1

pika_cute.gif.0869c869b2988173b7bbe2704ec1122d.gif

Apply To My Lovely Guild Genesis & Reborn : Best Guild In Server!

My Wishlist : List of Pokes!

WTS Pokes : My Lovely Shop!

" My Discord Tag: imhanjoo #4712 "