GUILD ISLAND - I finally did it

Iriztha

Good read! Although I disagree on silver that we have a top 3 guilds set in stone that will get it every time. We tried really hard last month to get top 3 and that position was in doubt every step of the way. I think 6 guilds on silver finished with 10000+ rating, and a guild like Trinity that had dominated previous seasons missed out on top 3. However I can see from your screenshot about gold server that your point is very much valid there.

The reward of guild island is very underwhelming in return for the month of grinding to get top 3. There's an average boss, and some spawns that have better spots/repel tricks elsewhere. Whenever I log on there's maybe 2/3 other people on guild island. This is partially due to the spawn set this month being awful (Rain spawns 2 months out of last 3 is a joke) and nobody wanting to hunt anything there. I think the concept of a area for top 3 PvP guilds is a good idea, but guild island is a poor execution, and far from the original concept.

Also as someone that spent years in a non PvP oriented guild, knowing I can't access PvE content because my guild isn't a top PvP guild is annoying, and it seems very backwards that you're rewarded with PvE (a boss, hunting spots) for being competitive in PvP.

Edited by CrosbieL
  • Like 2

agree with everything iriz just said, tbh the moment i heard about guild island i was immediately hyped. from that moment i started saving almost every penny i had so i could help with any money i could in order to get us that island (of course by today's standards, some players could buy the island alone, they said something about costing 20m which was a huge ammount back then).

anyway, it really got myself hyped to see that there was gonna be a place where we could spend our time doing stuff with our guild mates, maybe creating a couple of npcs and even a boss based on one of us, creating our own spawns, getting our team logo on buildings and all that good stuff. from what i read here that would take a huge ammount of work and i totally can understand why it can't be created that way.

the thing is, when i thought that guild island was no longer going to be a thing, since it has already been too long without any news regarding the feature, suddenly i saw that guild island not only was going to exist, it was already implemented. the hype was back... but only for about 5 minutes, until i saw it was a top3 pvp guilds reward... tbh i almost quit the game right on that moment but i already had played for so long thinking that guild island wouldn't exist, i just needed to keep thinking that way, and i still do, i completely forget all the time that this exists.

many points raised here were obviously going to be said. by making a reward for top3 pvp guilds, it was more than obvious that this would happen to the ladder. doesn't even need to be given much thought. why would top players fight to be in top3 if they can merge their guilds to secure top3? the change was almost immediate because it was the most obvious way to ensure that pvp players would get the reward, even if they don't even need/want that.

also, why only pvp players get this reward? most people are just here to have some good time in the game, others can't get high ratings enough, wether because they don't have the mons/items to be competitive, others just aren't good enough and others like me just think that the meta is so boring and battles usually take such a long time that we just don't want to bother with it. i get that pvp players should get some nice rewards that separates them from the casual players but an entire feature for them? what about people who dedicate big ammounts of time doing something else than pvp? things like farming, daily quests, bosses, battle tower, bcc, excavas, daycares (improve daycares please and add one in sinnoh), or simply are there to welcome new players and teach them the mechanics of the game?or spend time in help chat answering questions from new players... those players get nothing? like iriz say, non-top3 guilds have a tough time recruiting people, if i'm a new player why would i want to join a guild that doesn't give bonuses as good as other guilds do?

honestly, i don't know what should be done now to make up for this huge let down , maybe open guild island for all guilds would be asking for too much, giving it to the top10 ranked guilds would bring the same issue of it being given only based on pvp mode, and any other way to unlock it would probably need to take some serious remodelations on its code, so really no idea what could be done now to make this better for all the player base but the issues are here and are shared by a lot of people. still appreciate the work devs are doing on the game, a lot, but this feature, honestly was implemented in one of the worst possible ways.

• Like 3

I fully support this topic. These days people are only asking about top 3 guilds. And PVP makes them top 3 what about other game contents? People like me love boss battles than the PVP, how we gonna access guild island boss? I thank @Iriztha for making this vaild topic.

I don't PVP, and I'm still in a guild that's long dead way before guild island is a thing.

But even I can see and agree with others about this. The idea is fine, exclusive reward to make guilds compete for the top 3. But as someone else said, having to compete in PVP for what is essentially a PVE reward makes no sense. Those who already be the top few of PVP usually means they already have their team, they don't need to hunt the team members that the island provides. And some of them are even rich enough to just buy what they want to play. That's why, as another player said, the island is very empty, not much people hunt there. Any PVE content should have been available for those who actually need it.

I heard the dig spot on the guild island is also better than the ones outside the island. As someone who rely on dig spots to make money, I wonder, is that even a good idea? Isn't that essentially giving more valuable stuff to the players who are already fine without them?

Edited by Starlight

WHY GUILD ISLAND SHOULD BE AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE :)

Guilds don't get the love they deserve.

As per @Eaty 's post for the idea of Guild Island back in April 2018.

I believe everyone deserves more content and not just the top 3 guilds in Gold and Silver server.

It's not just every other guild missing out on content but also new players who don't get a chance to develop enough and could use the boost to stay in the game by joining a guild.

Thank you for reading,

Fairview :)

• Like 1

I understand there being a reward for top pvp guilds, I don't feel the entirety of guild island being their reward is the best use of the content though. Giving it a different entry requirement and then rewarding top guilds with a better version of the island or features on it could be a good way to give more sense of purpose to guilds across the board while still giving reason to push guild ladder. Some people are saying guild island isn't anything special and that we shouldn't make a big deal out of not having it, but at the time there is practically no content for guilds that aren't focused on pvp. Anything would be nice.

• Like 2
magmah6sx0.png

What a great thread!

I am the guild leader of NoMercy. NoMercy has been a guild since April of 2017. I was very vocal in the past about how changes over the past few years devalued guilds and the competitive integrity of guild ladder. (1, 2, 3, 4)

As others in this thread have expressed, I was also very excited about initially proposed idea of the Guild Island. What we got is different, so I will only focus on what is actually present instead of speculating the initially proposed. June is the first month I am getting to experience the Guild Island. I don't think it's that bad so far. I see nothing wrong with pushing it live with the bare concepts (spawns, tutors, tms) and adding features as they are coded (boss). I prefer to be optimistic and presume that is the plan. Everyone should keep in mind PRO is run off volunteers, not paid professionals.

That said, the requirements to gain access to Guild Island have further exacerbated my concerns about guilds in PRO. It is absolutely true the social ecosystem of guilds have completely changed since the introduction of Guild Island. Immediately, we saw guilds start to merge by distancing themselves from players who did not want to or chose not to pvp. Even worse, the rule allowing players to pvp on two accounts also creates incentives for guilds to invite alt accounts with pvp rating in order to unlock Guild Island. Additionally, we see many players in two guilds to increase their odds of getting into guild island. For all guilds with aspirations to unlock guild island, the favoring of alts or veterans will continue to grow. A majority of the players left guildless during these merges or favor towards alt accounts are new players. I believe this to be very, very dangerous to the grow of PRO.

Quick Solutions?

• Calculate guild rating based on the top 50 players within the guild. This would reduce the incentives of alts and necessity of filling your guild with veterans or pvpers.
  • Allow access to the guild island to be purchasable each month by the guild leader. I can see a few options:
    • A flat fee of 5m for the month, no matter your guilds placement in the ladder.
    • If your guild finished in top 10, you can enter guild island for the month for a fee of 100k. Top 5, 50k. Top 3, free. ( fee per member)

Eventually, I would like to see PRO implement a more sophisticated way of dealing with alt accounts. I understand the suggestion that follows potentially requires a lot, but I think it would dramatically improve the moderation of the game throughout many aspects.

• Every player must create a profile.
    • You must then link your accounts to a profile. An account that is not linked to a profile will not be able to trade, pvp, etc.
    • Only four accounts can be linked to a profile.

Profiles will join guilds, so all your accounts will be in the guild of your choice. The account with the highest rating applies to your guild rating (not all four). Your accounts will not share pvp rating, but instead share the same "ELO" of the account with the highest rating. Example: Lets say "teerav" and "vikingman" are under my profile. "teerav" has 300 rating and "vikingman" has 1 rating. Assume I pvp with "vikingman" and the opponent has 400 rating. I win, "vikingman" will gain rating based an 1 rating winning against 400 rating. However, the opponent's rating change will be based on 400 losing to a 300. Its a big difficult to explain, but hopefully you (the reader) understands. This would mitigate "sniping" at the end of the season. And it would still allow players with pvp anxiety or veterans looking to test still use multiple accounts to pvp on, but it would remove a lot of the negative aspects effecting guilds described earlier in this post.

Edited by teerav
  • Like 7
E6W75Tu.png