Petition Against the Recent Boss Changes and the Nerfs on Rewards

Xanthinarose

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI, at least for Moderation Staff, we didn't know about this either until it was done and made live.

The only thought-process that would make sense for me would be that the community would be heavily against it (which they are), so the point of the post would be just negativity towards the post and not much of "value" was gained towards the topic on hand other than what was already predicted. Its for the better of the games health and economy so they say, Pikpachu raised a good point regardless and that's how I view it as well.

I think everyone here is respectfully voicing their opinions on the matter and we are all hoping to figure out why such lack of communication occurs and why changes like this happen so abruptly. No toxicity is involved whatsoever. Many of us are aware that only the developers know about these changes before announcing them and this is precisely the point we're trying to bring into the light. Maybe if the changes were explained or the reasoning behind them was made at least vaguely clear to us, the community would be more forgiving and patient with the in game quality of life changes. They just seem so random and leaving them unexplained really ticks the players off because we don't know when we'll be hit by another bombshell like this in the future. It has a negative effect on the players and it causes us to lose trust in the devs and interest in the game overall. There needs to be more involvement of the community or at least more effort in letting us in on what updates to expect to have something to look forward to and to hype the game up to keep our interest peaked.

• Like 4

XanthinaRose-Aniniated-Vulpix-Banner.gif?width=961&height=260

Check out Rose's Epic Pokémon Rental Shop!! https://tinyurl.com/rosepokemonrental

Calamity Guild: https://tinyurl.com/CalamityGuildPRO

Calamity Guild Shop: https://tinyurl.com/CalamityShopPRO

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/xanthinarose

In the first place PVP is already hard for new players to get into, so bossing is a good way to start so you can practice setups and tests etc before diving into pvp and getting your ass kicked by veteran players, since the changes 2 weeks ago as a new player I believe i have lost ALOT of content, I'm looking forward to PvP but I KNOW im gonna get destroyed so for me these PvE bosses were fun, Ive only done them for two weeks and I enjoyed battling a majority of the ones I was able to, But the rewards are so low before i read from others u make between 40-60k per boss and im only getting 25k, and only 1 extra pve coin? I don't understand why new players are being punished! I lost half the content and half the rewards ! Financially I'm struggling a lot in this game and i personally believe its way too late to implement this kind of change because only new players and those that are struggling financially get punished! I love the game and i love grinding but i feel like i lost so much time training and catching pokemon to fight these bosses and i can only do half of them and can only get half the rewards. It makes me sad and I can understand why the poster feels like your driving people away, i feel the same way!

• Like 6

I wanted to give my opinion on this topic since I refrained from sharing it in the other thread. I guess you could say I'm fairly experienced in bosses in PRO from doing them over the past few years. There are honestly "good" arguments and "bad" arguments on both side,

I'm in favor of the boss limit but in disagreement on how certain aspects around it were handled. I have no problem with changes, nerf, or re-balance whatsoever. It's completely fine if they plan to introduce more content around it. Wanting to reduce inflation is also correct even though there were arguably better ways to reduce inflation. One(s) that did not involve restricting your own content.

I feel there is a complete lack of communication between the staff and the players of this community,

My biggest issue is that we barely get any information out of it as mentioned by Rose. It feels like there's a lack of valuable information given to us; even though I completely understand that not everything needs or can be shared. A minor example is to have confusing announcements such as "some bosses were tweaked" (reference) without having a single clue or hint on what exactly was changed. The problem is especially when a boss team/reward is changed without any announcement on it. We had no announcement towards certain nerfs/buffs that were done recently. A simple message mentioning that the battle bot team was changed or that Shary and Shaui rewards were reduced would have been fine, it's not a leak, it's just about informing the player of considerable changes without going too much in-depth.

I will mention two arguments in here which I'm not especially in favor, not here to create drama or anything, just looking to share my point of view :

I'm even against the fact bosses drops more than 10k and items like sash or other battle items. +1.

Bosses should be there only for the fun, not important reward.

A boss is, in most cases, a challenge that rewards the players. Making a hard boss give 10k and no valuable rewards nullify the whole point of it. This is an MMO, where farming is encouraged and rewarded, bosses should give valuable rewards. Gaining 200k per boss run is not valuable, transit pass costs 300k per month already. You can still have fun while fighting bosses. Removing all the decent rewards from bosses would just ultimately lead them to be dead content.

1 player running each and every boss for 4 times can easily make him earn many millions per 15days

It's obviously correct information that this player would gain millions, but I doubt there's anybody that was doing all bosses on 4 accounts due to the sheer amount of requirements. Even if there was, it's a substantial amount of time dedicated to bosses and the person should be somewhat rewarded. I do agree with the rest of your argument(s) in that message though. Just a few examples :

George -> Minimum 200 hours requirement (Legendary beast quest needed)

Khlover, Officer Jenny -> Minimum 250 hours requirement (Pinkan island needed)

Saphirr -> Minimum 200 hours requirement (Heatran quest needed)

Steven -> 200 hours requirement

3x Guardians -> 200 hours requirement (Legendary beast quest)

Battle bot -> Need MS (Not major, but still worth mentioning.)

Ash Westbrook -> 500 hours requirement

A person that rushed the story on his alt to gain the Sinnoh champion title will be able to do around 29 bosses out of 47 (the rest needing quest, hours, or dex requirements). It's not enough to fulfill the limit of 20 per week and therefore your run is somewhat unoptimized (Again, no problem here). That's around 1 million per 2 weeks in monetary reward (Exaggerated and not entirely accurate) and would be around 1,4m with a full boss run (40 bosses per 2 weeks). In my opinion, the limit is fine as it is and doesn't need more nerfs, arguable for some other PvE activities, and not necessarily my point here.

Edited by Ichibann
  • Like 6

I personally like the new changes to bosses.

Before we had to do (If I didnt misscount) 47 bosses every 12 days. Whenever the day for bosses came up I felt forced sometimes to do the boss-run as it takes very long to do 47 bosses and most of the time you have to spent 2 days for the whole boss-run.

Lets say we beat all 47 bosses we would get 141 PvE coins very 12 days as we got 3 per boss before the changes. (47 x 3 = 141)

Now we get 5 PvE coins per boss, we can do 20 bosses every 7 days, so 100 PvE coins per week and 200 per 14 days.

If you do some quick math thats 10% more PvE coins than before.

And that is without considering 20 bosses per 7 days is way less stressful and the fact you can choose 40 bosses out of the 47 available ones.

Now for the money I didnt pay much attention for the last outputs but if they really nerfed those outputs by 50% like you mentioned on the Shary and Shaui boss its a huge letdown and I would support your suggestion to buff the money rewards.

• Like 1

I personally like the new changes to bosses.

Before we had to do (If I didnt misscount) 47 bosses every 12 days. Whenever the day for bosses came up I felt forced sometimes to do the boss-run as it takes very long to do 47 bosses and most of the time you have to spent 2 days for the whole boss-run.

Lets say we beat all 47 bosses we would get 141 PvE coins very 12 days as we got 3 per boss before the changes. (47 x 3 = 141)

Now we get 5 PvE coins per boss, we can do 20 bosses every 7 days, so 100 PvE coins per week and 200 per 14 days.

If you do some quick math thats 10% more PvE coins than before.

And that is without considering 20 bosses per 7 days is way less stressful and the fact you can choose 40 bosses out of the 47 available ones.

Now for the money I didnt pay much attention for the last outputs but if they really nerfed those outputs by 50% like you mentioned on the Shary and Shaui boss its a huge letdown and I would support your suggestion to buff the money rewards.

I feel like the money reward nerf is the main issue like that was a HUGE letdown

Check out Rose's Epic Pokémon Rental Shop!! https://tinyurl.com/rosepokemonrental

I wanted to give my opinion on this topic since I refrained from sharing it in the other thread. I guess you could say I'm fairly experienced in bosses in PRO from doing them over the past few years. There are honestly "good" arguments and "bad" arguments on both side,

I'm in favor of the boss limit but in disagreement on how certain aspects around it were handled. I have no problem with changes, nerf, or re-balance whatsoever. It's completely fine if they plan to introduce more content around it. Wanting to reduce inflation is also correct even though there were arguably better ways to reduce inflation. One(s) that did not involve restricting your own content.

My biggest issue is that we barely get any information out of it as mentioned by Rose. It feels like there's a lack of valuable information given to us; even though I completely understand that not everything needs or can be shared. A minor example is to have confusing announcements such as "some bosses were tweaked" (reference) without having a single clue or hint on what exactly was changed. The problem is especially when a boss team/reward is changed without any announcement on it. We had no announcement towards certain nerfs/buffs that were done recently. A simple message mentioning that the battle bot team was changed or that Shary and Shaui rewards were reduced would have been fine, it's not a leak, it's just about informing the player of considerable changes without going too much in-depth.

I will mention two arguments in here which I'm not especially in favor, not here to create drama or anything, just looking to share my point of view :

A boss is, in most cases, a challenge that rewards the players. Making a hard boss give 10k and no valuable rewards nullify the whole point of it. This is an MMO, where farming is encouraged and rewarded, bosses should give valuable rewards. Gaining 200k per boss run is not valuable, transit pass costs 300k per month already. You can still have fun while fighting bosses. Removing all the decent rewards from bosses would just ultimately lead them to be dead content.

It's obviously correct information that this player would gain millions, but I doubt there's anybody that was doing all bosses on 4 accounts due to the sheer amount of requirements. Even if there was, it's a substantial amount of time dedicated to bosses and the person should be somewhat rewarded. I do agree with the rest of your argument(s) in that message though. Just a few examples :

George -> Minimum 200 hours requirement (Legendary beast quest needed)

Khlover, Officer Jenny -> Minimum 250 hours requirement (Pinkan island needed)

Saphirr -> Minimum 200 hours requirement (Heatran quest needed)

Steven -> 200 hours requirement

3x Guardians -> 200 hours requirement (Legendary beast quest)

Battle bot -> Need MS (Not major, but still worth mentioning.)

Ash Westbrook -> 500 hours requirement

A person that rushed the story on his alt to gain the Sinnoh champion title will be able to do around 29 bosses out of 47 (the rest needing quest, hours, or dex requirements). It's not enough to fulfill the limit of 20 per week and therefore your run is somewhat unoptimized (Again, no problem here). That's around 1 million per 2 weeks in monetary reward (Exaggerated and not entirely accurate) and would be around 1,4m with a full boss run (40 bosses per 2 weeks). In my opinion, the limit is fine as it is and doesn't need more nerfs, arguable for some other PvE activities, and not necessarily my point here.

Thank you sir for your detailed factual argument. I also feel the same about multiple account usage. If a person really has the time of day to spend 500 hours on 4 different accounts and complete all the legendary quests and dex requirements in order to just unlock the bosses then I'm not even upset if they make money off it, cause they're grinding more than anyone at this point and that's a looot of time spent on their end. Not to mention if this update is solely to limit the "mass profit" people can acquire there are better means and solutions in doing as I mentioned in my original post. However, if the reason behind this limit and cash earning nerf is for other purposes then the devs need to communicate with us and let us know their reasoning behind it and we would understand the situation better.

Hello everyone,

This thread is in regards to the recent changes made to PvE that have really disappointed most of the community that plays the game solely for it's PvE aspect, myself being one of these players. The limit on the amount of bosses we can battle is not only demotivating for PvE players but also completely destroys the fun of that aspect of the game. We are forced to choose what bosses we want to battle in the limited time frame and can no longer discuss things like strategies on how to achieve the shortest boss run etc which was part of the fun. For myself personally, I feel completely distanced and neglected as a PvE player in PRO by the recent changes and with megas being implemented into PRO it serves to show that the game is catering towards its PvP community to an overwhelming degree.

What really triggered my frustration the most is this:

Today, I decided to log in for a test run on my love island boss strategy that I've been working on for months, recording it every time and tweaking it in order to upload a solid strategy onto YouTube that can potentially help other players struggling with this boss as I have in the past. For those of you who play PvE you will know exactly how annoying this boss duo is to defeat consistently considering the amount of threats each of their teams has, from the guts flareon to the serene grace shaymin sky flinchathon and the MG alakazam with focus sash that seems to love critting us.

After completing this battle I realized the reward was cut by half! I only got 46k and 5 PvE coins for a boss I need to pay 5k to get to assuming I'm already in vermilion city and don't have a travel pass that costs the ridiculous amount of 300k a month. Imagine that! One of the hardest boss duo in the game completely cut down and getting a measly reward for the effort on a boss that's literally a coin flip and one mistake can cost you the battle putting you on a 12 day cool down. How frustrating! When bosses are our main source of income and we need to cover the cost of travel debt, ev training, safari zone they all cost money. Not every player uses trading as their main source of income and not every player plays pvp either to make money off their coins!

If you're going to nerf the reward nerf the boss too.

I feel there is a complete lack of communication between the staff and the players of this community, as we weren't even told in the announcements which boss rewards were nerfed specifically, and giant sudden changes like this make players feel isolated from the staff of this game. You guys really need to pick up your game when it comes to identifying player needs and fix the issues at their core, not some patch work solution in hopes to avoid mass profit on multiple accounts. It should not be a generalized solution that punishes all players.

I've loved this game for a long time I really have, I've seen the potential it has had to be great for all the years I've been playing, and I wish it would grow even larger and become a popular game once again, but in all honesty changes like these aren't doing the game any good. You're slowly driving away more and more veteran players who are attracted to that aspect of that game specifically and have stuck with it for those reasons. A lot of us feel like we're not just players in this game but we've witnessed the development of this game from the get-go so we're all mini testers and have grown attached to the game after seeing what it was and where it's at now. If you would only take advantage of the community's opinions and feedback you will benefit so much from it. We're all literally at your disposal and all you need to do is lend an ear to listen.

Peace,

XanthinaRose

+1

• Developer

We sadly need a boss limit. I am not saying it's perfect or that we implemented it the perfect way but we only added bosses very, very slowly for the last year cause we couldn't add more without exceeding the limit we set ourselve for boss runs. With the upcoming region and many boss requestes within the staff we had no other way left.

The Content Scripter lead, I and a few others will need a while to discuss and rework some bosses. This is to somewhat balance bosses so we do not have "useless" bosses anymore. That's needed with the upcoming updates anyways. We have many construction zones within PvE and PvP right now and hope to find solutions for everything within the next months. Right now, we are fully working on the upcoming update which mainly focuses on PvP. But we did not forget about other things like boss updates and the world quest which need to more interesting in the long run for users that already got all legendaries.

I hope you can give us a bit more time to sort out everything and then work on tweaks and changes.

While discussing it here, I would like to ask a question. Would you guys prefer a global cooldown reset for the 7-days boss cooldown? So that it always resets Monday 12 AM GMT+0? This way users also (almost) have the option to do 14-days boss runs.

Edited by Eaty
  • Like 8