Ranked OU and UU tier rotation?

Eaty

Would you be in favor of a Ranked OU-UU rotation?  

400 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be in favor of a Ranked OU-UU rotation?

I don't know much about the numbers of the current playerbase and this is probably needlessly optimistic but: instead of arguing that we cannot have a separate queue because we do not have enough players, can we not see having a separate queue as a feature that would encourage the playerbase to grow?

I personally know quite a few people who have stopped pvping because they are tired of playing with the same pokemon, people who would return to pvp, further boosting the total number of players. I also don't think it is a stretch to think that the addition of a separate queue would attract more players to the game, maybe even welcome newer players who do not enjoy OU to try their luck in UU. It certainly helps that some of the mons that are viable in UU are easier to hunt, for example, lowering the entry bar. In this way, the problem of not having enough players to fill a second queue would solve itself by adding the queue and encouraging more players to pvp. 

shiny arbok.png

I did like the idea. I say this should be made into 2 area's - OU PvP, UU PvP, . Using only OU or only UU is should be done through separate PvP area like creating a partition between them while matching. This enables to play OU or UU or anything. 

Edited by Nandeeshakantli

425385429_PROBanner20000.png.1c500e2b8ffca361d864186bd292706a.png

9 minutes ago, Nandeeshakantli said:

I did like the idea. I say this should be made into 3 area's - OU PvP, UU PvP, and normal PvP [The thing we are playing now]. Using only OU or only UU is should be done through separate PvP area like creating a partition between them while matching. This enables to play OU or UU or anything. 

What would be the difference between OU PvP and "normal PvP"?

What we currently have it basically OU.

I love it! A UU tier would open a whole new exploration for PvP and expand the economy.

I think we would all love to see TWO ranked queues, but the reality is the playerbase isn't large enough. This seems like a good comprimise and a great utilization of the PvP Council.

• Like 1
E6W75Tu.png

It could be worth a try to introduce two queues under the right circumstances.

The season length could be reduced to 2 weeks instead of one month. PvP would be more active in general that way as people would need to PvP earlier to secure a spot on top 25. Rewards could be handled differently like split in half for each queue or even extra rewards if you are top 25 in both queues.

It would require some work and planning but in my opinion it could be worth a try if handled correctly.