Event form item as a reward.

Vagg2105

I would like to recommend an idea i had lately and it might be possible cause it isnt something crazy.

So after doing the whole story of an event, like we did now to get keldeo, we get an option to fight a "secret" boss or something like that.

Ofc making the fight a bit challenging is expected but not too crazy.

And to my idea, this fight could reward us with a new item (let s say a xmas form capsule) for clearing it. This kind of capsule would let us change the form of one of our existing pokemon we have to the current event form. So for example i could use it on a normal litwick and it would turn into christmas one (no way of going back and forth ofc).

This could make event forms more interesting, it would be a reward people will be looking forward to, to make their favorite pokemon into an event form if they got one.

Hopefully someone sees this. Personally it sounds to me like a great and easy to make happen thing.

statistically

this suggestion gives a +1 to economy breaking, and user joy, but then user sadness as the user realizes that everyone has this same event form and that theirs has significant less value than it would if this boss didn't exist

• Haha 1

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

I don't want to criticize an idea someone puts forward because it might discourage them to do so in the future for fear of negativity but, thankyou for your suggestion.

So from my side, i feel the purpose of an event that makes event form pokemon available to find by hunting for them, is to feel like your effort and time put in to find them, has rewarded you by finding them. And when you they have the correct nature and decent iv's makes it feel so much more rewarding to me. 

Now if i take your idea of an xmas event form capsule and use that capsule on, let's say, a pokemon with very good iv's, what's to stop me from selling that for a good price on the trade market? I believe in making easy money but that is simply to "exploitative" in a sense and everyone would become rich very easily instead of working towards it.

So for me it's a no this time around but that doesn't mean your suggestion was bad or anything, it's just that nothing should come easy. We should hunt for them and feel like "Damn, i spent all this time trying to find this pokemon and i finally got it!" sort of thing. 

Comp_198.gif.532c46afb9db94308acb5271d387c736.gif

6 hours ago, ThatKid said:

I don't want to criticize an idea someone puts forward because it might discourage them to do so in the future for fear of negativity but, thankyou for your suggestion.

So from my side, i feel the purpose of an event that makes event form pokemon available to find by hunting for them, is to feel like your effort and time put in to find them, has rewarded you by finding them. And when you they have the correct nature and decent iv's makes it feel so much more rewarding to me. 

Now if i take your idea of an xmas event form capsule and use that capsule on, let's say, a pokemon with very good iv's, what's to stop me from selling that for a good price on the trade market? I believe in making easy money but that is simply to "exploitative" in a sense and everyone would become rich very easily instead of working towards it.

So for me it's a no this time around but that doesn't mean your suggestion was bad or anything, it's just that nothing should come easy. We should hunt for them and feel like "Damn, i spent all this time trying to find this pokemon and i finally got it!" sort of thing. 

Yes i understand your point and what the others said...

Although personally the too random grind especially for the forms is not worth it. I would love just to see a way to at least grind with an end goal. The way it is now, you can farm for the whole event and get nothing. Lowering their value sounds better than being dissapointing of getting nothing. Ofc the pokemon should be untradable yeh... But anyways i see why people dont want it,,, whatever ok.