a turn should not be missed by accidental second sleep attempt

Xdzin

The options used to sleep should be avoided without losing a single time because it does not remember that there is already an opponent pokémon sleeping, as well as taunts in status moves.
I won't even answer anyone who says: but you can look for who's sleeping in the battle diary

edit: when trying a second sleep accidentally i shouldn't miss a shift but a message that this can't happen because there is another pokemon sleeping.
this is reasonable since we cannot clearly see the condition of all the opponent's pokemon, and we cannot cancel an already used move

Edited by XDzin

xdz.gif.16a53e2fa015d9cae9b7b11b410e90aa.gif

my shop

XDZ#0115

If you fail to remember that an opponent's Pokemon has already been put to sleep, or if a Taunt is still active, then that should be your mistake, and the opponent should be able to capitalize on it. 

The battle log is very useful for checking these.

There's also the fact that Sleep Clause works the same way in PRO as it is in Showdown, so there's really no real reason to change it.

Edited by Raika
  • Haha 1

On 2/21/2021 at 2:04 PM, XDzin said:

that's what I already said, so I suggested the same with the second sleep

well with taunt it makes sense b/c the poke cannot use that move and if it doesnt have any other moves it can use then it would struggle.  it makes no sense to make it for sleep other than to let lazy people click it.

20210516_215416.gif.0f5637474a7259a9f90d53025e5a8a7b.gif

1 hour ago, Eaty said:

Sleep Clause is already active and prevents to put a second Pokemon to sleep in Ranked PvP.

Only way to put a second Pokemon to sleep are self moves such as Rest. 

yes, but still if a second sleep is accidentally attempted the player loses a turn, my suggestion is that this turn is not lost.

my shop

XDZ#0115

On 2/20/2021 at 7:55 PM, Raika said:

If you fail to remember that an opponent's Pokemon has already been put to sleep, or if a Taunt is still active, then that should be your mistake, and the opponent should be able to capitalize on it. 

The battle log is very useful for checking these.

There's also the fact that Sleep Clause works the same way in PRO as it is in Showdown, so there's really no real reason to change it.

do you really want to compare showdown that just came in and choose the Pokémon you want with the ivs you want, with the professional? which has a whole procedure for you to buy or hunt the Pokémon, level up, pay the moveset. in my opinion, this comparison does not make sense.
furthermore, in the showdown you can clearly see how the condition of each opponent's pokémon is.

my shop

XDZ#0115

• Xdzin changed the title to a turn should not be missed by accidental second sleep attempt
20 minutes ago, g3n3r4l said:

oh wait this is to remove the turn wasted, nah -1. if you mess up you mess up and are punished because of it, by losing a turn

punished? the game does not clearly show the condition of the opponent's pokemon?
make a mess? but you can't put 2 pokemon to sleep

but anyway, it is still possible to continue typing the status of the pokemon in the chat anyway

image.png.34108270f5a70bebba570e6011d2cbbe.png

my shop

XDZ#0115