Contest

Sbyz

Hi, while I was doing my daily bug catching contest I was reading the pro-wiki page 'Bug catching Area'

By reading without really reading, I throught it could be nice to get a 2nd catching contest or a variation of the actual one

This contest could be on a daily basis like the bug catching contest and change the type of the pokemon for example :

- Monday IRL, +

morning In Game : Grass contest, 

day In Game : Fighting contest

night In Game : Ghost contest

Of course the participation will be limited by one contest everyday as it is actually with the bug contest, 

Pros :

it let the possibility to the players to try to catch others types pokes

Avoid the same contest everyday 

Cons :

Maybe some contests will be never choose by the players

The feasibility :

I am not a coder, so I don't know if it is a lot of work or not 

IMO, it should not be a problem to change the pokemons available (and so the type of contest) following poketime timer (morning, day, night). But concerning the day change (Monday, Tuesday, ...) I don't know

I would like to apologize for my bad english, and if the subject was already created (even if I search a little bit and I read the pinned thread, I didn't find same subject) 

• Like 1

d5etayp-14309eb3-5664-4835-a7b7-e0e89f193523.png.cc8ae41407080c2ab48af909fb347e93.png

+1

It would be nice with some variations or twist up of the current one or a completely new one.

The only reason i ever played the Bug Catching Contest was to get the exclusive wings for the 1st place and x points earned.

As well as for Genesect when I reached the requirements for that. And I guess now just for the mega stones, altho I haven't bothered with that just yet.

But, to change up something with this.

Instead of having 3 different types depending on the in-game time. What  about having it randomize each day of the week?

Example: Monday is Grass, Tuseday is Fighting, Wednesday is Grass, Thursday is Ghost, Friday is Fairy + Psychic, etc.

It would select one of the types to hunt for or in some rare cases 2, and then have a premade spawn set for each with Pokemon ranging from tier 2 to 8?

Regardless, I hope at some point they'll add an additional catching contest, which are a bit more exciting.

Edited by Electrocute4u

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Electrocute4u said:

But, to change up something with this.

Instead of having 3 different types depending on the in-game time. What  about having it randomize each day of the week?

Example: Monday is Grass, Tuseday is Fighting, Wednesday is Grass, Thursday is Ghost, Friday is Fairy + Psychic, etc.

It would select one of the types to hunt for or in some rare cases 2, and then have a premade spawn set for each with Pokemon ranging from tier 2 to 8?

Yes I totally agree with you, and it will be easier to implement I guess

d5etayp-14309eb3-5664-4835-a7b7-e0e89f193523.png.cc8ae41407080c2ab48af909fb347e93.png

+1 idea. It's just a cool and feasible idea. (Just a bit hard considering all possible pokemon types and extra work for Spawn Editors I guess, but I have no idea how much work it is).

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!