Petition to Unban Greninja from Ranked OU PvP

Iammeetdp

Just now, Saransh2848 said:

The main thing that gren has it that he has no guaranteed switchin,you can switch in clef thinking it's gonna tank a hit to scout for moves and instead get hit by gunk shot. Same for chansey,if the gren turns out to be physical(although rare) then its a 3hko for it.The calc:
252 Atk Life Orb Protean Greninja Low Kick (60 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 273-322 (38.8 - 45.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
At the end,i cant just stress enough the spikes part+unpredictability.
Have a good day

Bro did u forgot softboiled? I think you did! Greninja cant even go through a pink blob. It can instanatly ohko a ferro even with hp fire. Clefable survives 1 gunk shot from ninja. All these can easily scount out the ninja set! Pvping is all about predicting, or maybe most guys just want to make it a childs play where u just win by clicking most effective move and not predicting at all.

Thanks for wishing 🙂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NogamEd said:

Ok, let say that the problem is mega lopunny, so what vs ferro? Lets see what happened... 

First turn 

Hide contents

1945078963_gren11.png.e0700cdaaa55ecdafaf2f332e6316419.png

2nd turn

Hide contents

814245711_gren12.png.7271f40f1f9c783c40bee189635352e3.png

3th turn

Hide contents

501731186_gren13.png.928c0232590186467384fd199ea990cc.png

4th turn 

Hide contents

1483632958_gren14.png.96e26e6c24fe090f139b2bcd4338c3ac.png

And they say its unpredictable and can cause offensive pressure! LMAO ( no disrespect for anyone sry)

Im waiting for WQ so, i hav time guys dont worry, lets see another fight, now vs assault vest sassy tyranitar 

first turn 

Spoiler

266597966_greni21.png.13b54154509bcc0c11cca33fa315a90b.png

Whats that dmg? like 10%? ok 2nd turn

Spoiler

153953763_gren22.png.a5cf4923d772eb357e005dae1ba85c51.png

pursuit incoming and..

Spoiler

1078772994_gren23.png.1a77f226f02de2aee9789c363b0eb4ae.png

BOOM almost die, remember, sassy tyranitar

Spoiler

1051806528_gren24.png.9afbc8706ff39672f1a0ca277af09758.png

useles greninja in this game

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, iammeetdp said:

It has fair checks and counters

No offense , but this is very wrong. If you switch in a "check" on greninja and you get spiked on instead , you got outraded that turn, that turn is a tremendous loss for you.

Not to mention the fact that greninja beats all the common defoggers in the meta: rotom wash (with hp grass)  - tornadus - landorus - zapdos - skarmory- latis , you name it...

And trying to predict greninja when greninja is trying to spike is like playing with fire . Since one layer of spikes is more than enough, staying on a greninja trying to spike again is a bad idea most of the time.

26 minutes ago, iammeetdp said:

It doesn't yet restrict teambuilding to an unhealthy extent

I wonder how many times i built a team , and i was like "huh , this loses to greninja if it's carrying these 2 specific moves" and what do you know? 2 games later i face a greninja with that exact same moveset and the team goes to the trashbin. Greninja with the right moveset can topple teams over , you never know what moves it's running , wether its physical or special oriented , wether its banded , scarfed , sashed , expert belted... And it virtually has no switch ins until you can figure out what set it's running.

29 minutes ago, iammeetdp said:

It has 4 moveslot syndrome

While this is true , most pokemons that suffer from 4mss have one thing in common , if they are against a counter and do not carry the right move , they are completely useless. But in the case of greninja , that 4mss is an advantage . Not knowing what moves greninja is running from its billion possible and viable moves , leaves you only with the option to try and scout. And if you scout its moveset wrong , best case you get spiked on a couple times , worst case you lose a mon or two just to try and figure out what set this demon is running.

47 minutes ago, iammeetdp said:

1) It has yet to show signs of breaking metagame - I got no reason to believe that greninja is harmful for metagame, that thing is been around for 2 years!

Believe it or not , greninja is a "support" pokemon . Its job is not to sweep or 1v6 the enemy team , its job is to break through it with continious chip and hazards ( spikes and the rare toxic spikes) and soften them up for its teamates . So the stronger the metagame becomes , the better greninja itself becomes . Yes greninja does not win games on its own obviously against a well rounded team, but its role as an early game powerhouse is to soften up the enemy pokes so it's partners can wreak havoc late game , and no one does this job better than it.

Big -1.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

signature.png.bb0d8629179469ced8ed63d1a39a497e.png

• Administrator

Just a little comment about the petition. Even if you sign in 300 people, it actually means nothing as we do consider valid arguments and feedback and not signs.

A sign is just the equivalent of a "+1", but the 30 good arguments are better than 4000 empty +1.

We are not electing the President of a country and therefore are not looking for people signing anything.

Our Council Leader will provide you explanation regarding the Greninja Ban (here, or in a separate thread), as soon as available.

• Like 1

image.gif

Please do not contact staff members for private support

Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others

7 minutes ago, NogamEd said:

Im waiting for WQ so, i hav time guys dont worry, lets see another fight, now vs assault vest sassy tyranitar 

first turn 

Reveal hidden contents

266597966_greni21.png.13b54154509bcc0c11cca33fa315a90b.png

Whats that dmg? like 10%? ok 2nd turn

Reveal hidden contents

153953763_gren22.png.a5cf4923d772eb357e005dae1ba85c51.png

pursuit incoming and..

Reveal hidden contents

1078772994_gren23.png.1a77f226f02de2aee9789c363b0eb4ae.png

BOOM almost die, remember, sassy tyranitar

Hide contents

1051806528_gren24.png.9afbc8706ff39672f1a0ca277af09758.png

useles greninja in this game

Now instead put lowkick on that gren and then see what happens.If the gren here really did have lowkick and you didnt know,it would be a different story right?

• Like 1

forumbackup.gif

4 minutes ago, Ghabra said:

Greninja with the right moveset can topple teams over , you never know what moves it's running , wether its physical or special oriented , wether its banded , scarfed , sashed , expert belted... And it virtually has no switch ins until you can figure out what set it's running.

Tyranitar? how do u know if is jolly, adamant, relaxed? sassy? smooth rock? maybe banded, or can be mega tyranitar too, wait sash? mmm life orb nah definitely assult vest.. well you dont know

another example, garchomp, rough skin and impish, for sure.. Garchomp used outrage (it was scarf 😕) well so its ada.. Or jolly/naive mixed for sure.. Garchomp used stealth rock or toxic, nvm must be a wallchomp.. wait is it mega garchomp? you dont know

another example, dragonite adamant for sure, dragonite used draco meteor 😕 was mixed, my bad bro..

Charizard? Ok thats easy X or Y.. Reacts to charizardite Y  and use dragon dance 😕 wtf 

And i have a lot of examples bro and u know them too so is that a greninja problem? or is more funny to guess and predict? 

3 minutes ago, Shinohara said:

Just a little comment about the petition. Even if you sign in 300 people, it actually means nothing as we do consider valid arguments and feedback and not signs.

A sign is just the equivalent of a "+1", but the 30 good arguments are better than 4000 empty +1.

We are not electing the President of a country and therefore are not looking for people signing anything.

So Please inform us whats the best way to let our comments be heard. I certainly believe that a big part of our community didnt respond well to the ban but is unpleased with it. I created the petition just so that you guys atleast takes the number into consideration. There have been people proving both the sides of these on the enitre thread. It was same with a other thread that I saw few days ago. But all what I see is that only the one's who say how greninja is harmful for meta taken into consideration. Please listen to those in favor of ninja aswell.