Petition to Unban Greninja from Ranked OU PvP

Iammeetdp

3 minutes ago, NogamEd said:

Tyranitar? how do u know if is jolly, adamant, relaxed? sassy? smooth rock? maybe banded, or can be mega tyranitar too, wait sash? mmm life orb nah definitely assult vest.. well you dont know

another example, garchomp, rough skin and impish, for sure.. Garchomp used outrage (it was scarf 😕) well so its ada.. Or jolly/naive mixed for sure.. Garchomp used stealth rock or toxic, nvm must be a wallchomp.. wait is it mega garchomp? you dont know

another example, dragonite adamant for sure, dragonite used draco meteor 😕 was mixed, my bad bro..

Charizard? Ok thats easy X or Y.. Reacts to charizardite Y  and use dragon dance 😕 wtf 

And i have a lot of examples bro and u know them too so is that a greninja problem? or is more funny to guess and predict? 

You know you missed the whole point when you did not mention the word "spikes" a single time.

• Like 2

signature.png.bb0d8629179469ced8ed63d1a39a497e.png

11 minutes ago, Shinohara said:

Just a little comment about the petition. Even if you sign in 300 people, it actually means nothing as we do consider valid arguments and feedback and not signs.

A sign is just the equivalent of a "+1", but the 30 good arguments are better than 4000 empty +1.

We are not electing the President of a country and therefore are not looking for people signing anything.

Our Council Leader will provide you explanation regarding the Greninja Ban (here, or in a separate thread), as soon as available.

Ok, so show us an explanation with facts 

• Administrator
Just now, iammeetdp said:

So Please inform us whats the best way to let our comments be heard. I certainly believe that a big part of our community didnt respond well to the ban but is unpleased with it. I created the petition just so that you guys atleast takes the number into consideration. There have been people proving both the sides of these on the enitre thread. It was same with a other thread that I saw few days ago. But all what I see is that only the one's who say how greninja is harmful for meta taken into consideration. Please listen to those in favor of ninja aswell.

Numbers do not mean anything, I am fairly sure if I would add a 3x3 empty map in the game where we gift legendaries, more than 60-70% of the community would be fine with it. Does that 60-70% means the decision is correct? Absolutely not.

What really matters are productive arguments and feedback.

At the same time, make sure to understand that doing different from what you want doesn't mean not hearing you.

There is not a single decision that can make everyone, 100% of the community happy. But taking a decision that only 80% (example) of the community agree with doesn't mean the remaining 20% is not being listened/heard.

• Like 1

image.gif

Please do not contact staff members for private support

Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others

Just now, Ghabra said:

You know you missed the whole point when you did not mention the word "spikes" a single time.

Spikes? whats the problem about spikes? you don't use any defoger? you should bro there is a few of them  

32 minutes ago, NogamEd said:

Ok, let say that the problem is mega lopunny, so what vs ferro? Lets see what happened... 

First turn 

Reveal hidden contents

1945078963_gren11.png.e0700cdaaa55ecdafaf2f332e6316419.png

2nd turn

Reveal hidden contents

814245711_gren12.png.7271f40f1f9c783c40bee189635352e3.png

3th turn

Reveal hidden contents

501731186_gren13.png.928c0232590186467384fd199ea990cc.png

4th turn 

Reveal hidden contents

1483632958_gren14.png.96e26e6c24fe090f139b2bcd4338c3ac.png

Yeah, when you use Greninja like in your posts, no wonder you dont find it op.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Of course I'm talking to myself, sometimes I have to talk with an intelligent person.

rsz_62121-spirited-away-spirited-away-wallpaper.jpg.22bf8ec0e46dcc230985953ff28f41ce.jpg

Picture

TP4L

Just now, NogamEd said:

Spikes? whats the problem about spikes? you don't use any defoger? you should bro there is a few of them  

Please go back to what i posted and read again carefully , instead of reading only one part and nitpicking

• Like 1

signature.png.bb0d8629179469ced8ed63d1a39a497e.png

12 minutes ago, Ghabra said:

No offense , but this is very wrong. If you switch in a "check" on greninja and you get spiked on instead , you got outraded that turn, that turn is a tremendous loss for you.

Not to mention the fact that greninja beats all the common defoggers in the meta: rotom wash (with hp grass)  - tornadus - landorus - zapdos - skarmory- latis , you name it...

And trying to predict greninja when greninja is trying to spike is like playing with fire . Since one layer of spikes is more than enough, staying on a greninja trying to spike again is a bad idea most of the time.

I wonder how many times i built a team , and i was like "huh , this loses to greninja if it's carrying these 2 specific moves" and what do you know? 2 games later i face a greninja with that exact same moveset and the team goes to the trashbin. Greninja with the right moveset can topple teams over , you never know what moves it's running , wether its physical or special oriented , wether its banded , scarfed , sashed , expert belted... And it virtually has no switch ins until you can figure out what set it's running.

While this is true , most pokemons that suffer from 4mss have one thing in common , if they are against a counter and do not carry the right move , they are completely useless. But in the case of greninja , that 4mss is an advantage . Not knowing what moves greninja is running from its billion possible and viable moves , leaves you only with the option to try and scout. And if you scout its moveset wrong , best case you get spiked on a couple times , worst case you lose a mon or two just to try and figure out what set this demon is running.

Believe it or not , greninja is a "support" pokemon . Its job is not to sweep or 1v6 the enemy team , its job is to break through it with continious chip and hazards ( spikes and the rare toxic spikes) and soften them up for its teamates . So the stronger the metagame becomes , the better greninja itself becomes . Yes greninja does not win games on its own obviously against a well rounded team, but its role as an early game powerhouse is to soften up the enemy pokes so it's partners can wreak havoc late game , and no one does this job better than it.

Big -1.

Hello, Thanks for providing your feedback,

I seriously dont realize whats with some players and spikes from greninja alone. Its going to be banned bcs it can spikes against an incoming wall! I dont see the logic!? Which Poke cant, every pokemon that can learn spike can. 

I am not going to show calcs but its easy enough to realize that ninja cant 0hko the stapple walls even with super effective moves.

Low kick doesnt even do 50 to chansey, hp fire doesn't kill ferro, gunk shot doesnt kill clefable!!! The set of ninja can be easily predicted as most of these walls have reliable recovery moves which they can use in the very same turn to heal off most dmg from ninja. 

For your last point, when it comes to supporting, softening, weakning etc etc the opposite team, the likes of tornadus, tyranitar, klefki ( best spiker duh) and others does a way better job than ninja. They are actually bulky to take moves and hit back, unlike ninja who would eventually die from either his own life orb recoil, a priority or just from a bulky attacker who tanked his hit.

46 minutes ago, NogamEd said:

Let me show you a fun story 

Turn 1 

Hide contents

1663996945_gren1.png.b061a95282edc5ecec8e9e4f17a8ed6a.png

turn 2 

Hide contents

1411668700_gren2.png.2d6153f9b56afb66287aa69d8c553c57.png

turn 3 

Hide contents

1809008243_gren3.png.fe3bbfc7a33526258b37bbe59d297c6b.png

turn 4 

Hide contents

419428196_gren4.png.f0ee85f43ce160ef1379868931e10e97.png

WOW what a monster 

Thats how u check a gren not counter it. Please list some mons that can actually switch in to gren safely without worrying about the moves it runs

• Like 1