Petition to Unban Greninja from Ranked OU PvP

Iammeetdp

2 minutes ago, Ghabra said:

Do you know how many pokemon can learn spikes in XY/ORAS OU (which is the closest to our metagame currently? 3

Greninja , ferrothorn and skarmory , but let's say klefki like you said. 3 of thoes are EXTREMELY passive and it's very easy to come in on them and defog , while greninja on the other hand beats every single defogger like i previously mentioned. 

Dying to life orb recoil after actually using 10+ attack moves is viable way to get rid of it? I really hope you're joking . And if you re staying on greninja against possible priority or a pokemon that can take a hit and ohko it back , then you're using greninja wrong. And please stop comparing greninja to pokemon that do not do the same job it does.  You do not compare a goalie to a midfielder in football. It just does not work like that.

When I say it dies to life orb recoil I point at its fragility, not it dying to 10 recoils. It is majorly nerfed already with the relese of Megas like Alakazam, Manetric, Slowbro, Beedril, Loppuny and more, its not even wrecking teams!!! Its dying to stupid 40 bp priority moves when coupled with his orb recoil. Greninja being able to both spike and pressure defogger just doesnt seem like a valid ban reason to me.

It should be upto a player to predict and play and not just complain about a pokemon setting spikes and killing their defogger. Only reason I would do it is if I would be using stall.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NogamEd said:

Let say muk alolan, u can put that fat guy vs greninja and use pursuit, just like ttar did. Chansey, Ferro, Clefa, alomo, Zapdos all those walls/stall pokes that ppl use. So then is up to you and your team composition, if u cant deal with a demon that has less than 180 def and spdef and -300 hp i dont know what to say 

If all you're gonna do is post ss of gren vs it's check then idk how to take you seriously.You do realise that even if gren dies vs those the player can just spike and then your whole team is in trouble?

• Like 1

forumbackup.gif

-1 All arguments in favor of Greninja ban have been discussed in the pvp council. You can find more examples and arguments in smogon articles. If you can’t understand why a Pokemon like Greninja should be banned for an healthy metagame sorry to say that, but you may lack sufficient knowledge to properly play Pokemon in a « competitive way ». This decision has nothing to do with « it has been there for 2 years », « people love greninja », « we spent lot of money on it » or even « I’ve been farming greninja for hours ». What comes from reading your complaints is that you don’t understand how a ban is decided. So instead of using  fallacious arguments (like alomomola and chansey should be banned since they are unbreakable) try to understand what is an healthy metagame.

• Like 6

For a game without any form of toxicity.

Ign : GDarch

Discord : GDarch#5224

spacer.png

23 minutes ago, SuperHuy13 said:

Thats how u check a gren not counter it. Please list some mons that can actually switch in to gren safely without worrying about the moves it runs

Bro that point being marked, Mega Metagross shouldnt have been unbanned aswell. Tyranitar should have been banned, Infernape should be banned. Basically anything that can run mix. No offense, I dont think thats a valid point for ninja ban. We are still buddies super 🙂

2 minutes ago, iammeetdp said:

When I say it dies to life orb recoil I point at its fragility, not it dying to 10 recoils. It is majorly nerfed already with the relese of Megas like Alakazam, Manetric, Slowbro, Beedril, Loppuny and more, its not even wrecking teams!!! Its dying to stupid 40 bp priority moves when coupled with his orb recoil. Greninja being able to both spike and pressure defogger just doesnt seem like a valid ban reason to me.

It should be upto a player to predict and play and not just complain about a pokemon setting spikes and killing their defogger. Only reason I would do it is if I would be using stall.

The funny thing is , most of the pokemon you mentioned there are great greninja partners , greninja opens up the door for them to do their job . Again , you should not be staying on priority moves on greninja. And trying to predict greninja more often than not will end badly.

• Like 1

signature.png.bb0d8629179469ced8ed63d1a39a497e.png

Im just boring waiting for a WQ that never happened, meanwhile I'm trying to show as I said at the beginning, facts about how fragile is greninja. I dont want to make fun of you, that wasnt my intention... ncie they remeber the WQ lets go hunt! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NogamEd said:

Let say muk alolan, u can put that fat guy vs greninja and use pursuit, just like ttar did. Chansey, Ferro, Clefa, alomo, Zapdos all those walls/stall pokes that ppl use. So then is up to you and your team composition, if u cant deal with a demon that has less than 180 def and spdef and -300 hp i dont know what to say 

Can any of those safely switch into gren? Please give a valid argument 

2 minutes ago, GDarch said:

-1 All arguments in favor of Greninja ban have been discussed in the pvp council. You can find more examples and arguments in smogon articles. If you can’t understand why a Pokemon like Greninja should be banned for an healthy metagame sorry to say that, but you may lack sufficient knowledge to properly play Pokemon in a « competitive way ». This decision has nothing to do with « it has been there for 2 years », « people love greninja », « we spent lot of money on it » or even « I’ve been farming greninja for hours ». What comes from reading your complaints is that you don’t understand how a ban is decided. So instead of using  fallacious arguments (like alomomola and chansey should be banned since they are unbreakable) try to understand what is an healthy metagame.

I believe you didn't read the post, neither the discussion.

I along with others here never stated how we love ninja, how we spent money on it ( I didnt anyway) , how we farmed ninja for hours, nor we asked for chansey or alomolola ban. Kindly go through it all for making a valid ban/ unban comment! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ghabra said:

The funny thing is , most of the pokemon you mentioned there are great greninja partners , greninja opens up the door for them to do their job . Again , you should not be staying on priority moves on greninja. And trying to predict greninja more often than not will end badly.

"Opening Doors" Isnt that what Pokemon is about, teammates helping each other? Weavile clears way for mega Alakazam, Magnezone does the same for Mega Altaria. All I am trying to say is that these are not valid points for Ninja ban

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iammeetdp said:

"Opening Doors" Isnt that what Pokemon is about, teammates helping each other?

Since the 6 pokemon you're using are called a "team", i thought they had to have synergy and cover each other's weaknesses while capitalizing on each other's strengths,  which is why why greninja is so good because it can facilitate its teamates really well while being a threat on its own . But i guess i was wrong and this is not a valid argument. 

• Like 1

signature.png.bb0d8629179469ced8ed63d1a39a497e.png