Making IVs VISIBLE

Beastroyer

I understand the frustration of not knowing what you're going to get before capturing it with your sparse amount of Pokeballs. But that should not make any leeway for having an easier time hunting on PRO.

But, here is the big deal for why this should never be a thing on PRO, despite any valid arguments that any individual may have. RNG and Economy, two beneficial factors that plays a major part on PRO that makes the trading market work and that make the game fun and exciting. If you knew the IVs, hunting would be easier, but the prices would be lowered as an result for high-end Pokemon and other tiers following suit. Furthermore, the money sink for Pokeballs would significantly drop. Both have a major impact on the game market and the fun in getting a super rare pokemon with IVs that's epic or godly. I'm not saying that the game would be unplayable, but it would have fewer merits than it has negative impacts on a lot of features, such as but not limited to World Quest, Outbreaks, Trading, and Pokeball vendors.

Let us discuss your three arguments.

14 hours ago, Beastroyer said:

this will help  a lot the players while hunting pokemons.

also will lower the pc storage problem and the delete process.

plus you can make  it as a tool in shop for some money.

Your first argument about having an easier time hunting... While it may benefit people with having an easier time hunting Pokemon, it would only lower the actual price of the said Pokemon when it comes to trading. Even if that's not directly related to you specifically. There are said individuals who hunt for a living and are entirely making profits of the RNG factor of the Pokemon being sold. Taking the RNG factor away or making it easier, would just lower the overall value of any good tier Pokemon being sold. As for the PC storage issue(s), a good trainer would not have over 800+ Pokemon, to begin with (I'm one of those who still have yet to clear my PC storage, waiting for that PC storage update that's been in the making for years...). But if this is an issue for you, I would recommend clearing out any Pokemon and at least keeping it at 400-600 at maximum, so that you can hunt to your heart's content and then from there delete and repeat the process. Let's dwell a bit deeper into your last argument. Make it a tool in the Coin Shop for some money, huh? It's certainly a possibility, but not something worth doing IMO. It's not the same as items such as i.e Axe, Flashlight, Shovel, etc, if it was similar that would have been a great option and a decent money investment. Furthermore, something of this caliber would have most likely been a one-time purchasable item, as it doesn't fit the bill of being a time-related item (i.e Black Medallion).

Nevertheless, you had a great suggestion.

And I hope you can take this as constructive feedback and not as something evil. Because all I want is for PRO to flourish with the best ideas.

TL;DR

RNG and economy are the two most crucial things on PRO. If you remove the RNG element when capturing a Pokemon or having the control to view the IVs before capturing a Pokemon. It would only lower the overall value of the said Pokemon when it comes to trading. This would in terms lower the prices of all Pokemon and crash the market over time and the money sinks (i.e Pokeball vendors) would lose their intended effects as you won't be making as many purchases as one normally would.

Edited by Electrocute4u
  • Like 1

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

@Electrocute4u really enjoyed reading you replay thanks for being the only nice guy.

you mentioned making a living from pro , how ? if :

• 4. Real Money/ World Trading is strictly prohibited and all accounts involved will receive a permanent ban if done.
    This includes, but is not limited to:
    • Buying or selling anything in PRO for money or goods in real life.
    • Exchanging anything in PRO for items, money, etc on another game.
    • Buying or selling an account on PRO for money or goods in-game. (Example: Coin Capsule, etc.)
    • Buying or selling an account on PRO for money or goods in real life.
    • Buying or selling an account on PRO for CC.

thanks.

2 hours ago, Beastroyer said:

@Electrocute4u really enjoyed reading you replay thanks for being the only nice guy.

you mentioned making a living from pro , how ? if :

• 4. Real Money/ World Trading is strictly prohibited and all accounts involved will receive a permanent ban if done.
    This includes, but is not limited to:
    • Buying or selling anything in PRO for money or goods in real life.
    • Exchanging anything in PRO for items, money, etc on another game.
    • Buying or selling an account on PRO for money or goods in-game. (Example: Coin Capsule, etc.)
    • Buying or selling an account on PRO for money or goods in real life.
    • Buying or selling an account on PRO for CC.

thanks.

First off, thanks for the friendly comment, glad you didn't take it the wrong way.

Now, for what I meant with the following quote:

4 hours ago, Electrocute4u said:

[...] There are said individuals who hunt for a living and are entirely making profits of the RNG factor of the Pokemon being sold.

When I said "hunt for a living", that was not meant as in earning anything that yields any real-life money, but rather as a metaphor for people using all their time on PRO just hunting for rare Pokemon with the best IVs and gets their income that way, unrelated to any real-life money profits which is against the rules as you stated. Hope that clears up any confusion I might've caused you while reading my comment earlier. My apologizes for the confusion. Hope you have a great Christmas and a happy new year!

Edited by Electrocute4u

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

20 hours ago, Beastroyer said:

i said too much there guess needed to talk, well that '-1. bad' triggered me . be nicer to others in replies.  peace ^^

for the record i dident say anything toxic in my reply i just said my opinion and the consequences of your suggestion on the game.