Trainer Tower Guide

Bhimoso

Trainer Tower Guide

trainer.png.967b627978e224dd6b8117d1dbaf6368.png

Welcome to the basic guide on how to make the most out of the Trainer Tower!

The Trainer Tower is a new feature added to PRO after the Experience Rework. The Tower solves the current issues with experience training. Wild Battles are no longer really good for lategame players to level up their pokemon as the experience is low compared to fighting Trainer Battles. Gym Rematches, Copycats and Trainer Battles can help you level up 1 to 2 pokemon at a time. However, the Trainer Tower helps you level up an entire party at once! You can find the Trainer Tower in Route 13 in Kanto.

Regardless of whether your pokemon participated in the fight or not, they will all gain experience as long as they’re not fainted! Since the rework, you can now evolve pokemon without penalisations. Pokemon now level up according to the original games’ experience curve. The Trainer Tower is filled with trainers, a Nurse Joy and a PC so you can train any pokemon in the game! 

The more pokemon you carry in your party, the less experience you will receive but it will be easier to climb the tower. The less pokemon, the more experience but riskier it will be! You can surrender against any of the trainers without a penalisation, being teleported or losing money.

You only pay a small fee for entering the tower. You do not pay additional fees for climbing up floors in the tower! Just pay once and climb up several floors in a single journey!

Prices go from 1.500 (from the first floor) to 9.000 (from entering from the 80+ level floor).

To begin with, the Trainer Tower has multiple floors. Each floor’s trainer pokemon will have a maximum range of 10 levels. For example, floor 2 will have pokemon from level 20 to 29.

Floor 5 will have pokemon from 50 to 59. This applies to all floors.

All floors except floor 9 have 10 trainers in them. Floor 9 has 5 trainers whose pokemon range from 90 to 100.

Each trainer will have more pokemon as you go up. For example, in floor 2 you might only find trainers with 2 pokemon that are not evolved. In floor 4, you might find trainers with 3 or 4 pokemon that might be evolved but can still evolve. In floor 6 and above, you should find trainers with 5 to 6 pokemon that are almost fully evolved. In floor 8 and above, trainers will have 6 pokemon that are fully evolved except very weird and rare occasions (such as finding Zweilous and Hydreigon in the same trainer). 

Each trainer will have a common theme: all of their pokemon will share one type. This leads to good and bad results: each trainer will for example have 6 ice types, but these might also have dual types (ice-flying, ice-grass, for example). Each trainer’s sprite also represents them. For example:

The young girl is always the normal type trainer.

grass.png.47928916e7c2007535c46e78959a1f51.png

The fire clown is always a fire type trainer.

clown.png.e7f7646496d597ebb27be2c36adaf1a5.png

The sailor is always a water type trainer.

water.png.a16f0d57b17a87741146a85943383428.png

The cute woman is always a grass type trainer.

grass2.png.48cb85fcbe7a06d041b24190f673de1c.png

The trainer with orange clothes is always an electric type trainer, flying type trainer or normal type trainer.

elec.png.592ffcd1d3986ba33f5e91731751781d.png

The woman with a ponytail and a backpack is always the rock type trainer.

rock.png.a879e3b932485107bd23b2a57d3fa2dc.png

The skier is always an ice type trainer.

ice.png.508e5350d74f768e6629293daec1799d.png

The hiker is always a ground type trainer in higher floors (30+)  or a steel type trainer in lower floors. (10-29)

hiker2.png.2992663ea964ad1d8464cba364dadea3.png                                                                                    steelground.png.5cd31248cea498d52efc7f66442206e0.png

The scientist npc is either a steel type trainer or an electric type trainer.

nerd.png.fd1224c4df55b64fe0226ddc854ee8da.png

The kimono girl is always a fairy type trainer.

fairy.png.1c15e61767fa7ed909005f081903f63c.png

The ace trainer is always a dragon type trainer.

dragon.png.de2c6713509332f83456616ef96b121b.png

The rocket grunt is always a dark type trainer.

rocket.png.7f226f008ec634a3105325c404673786.png

The biker is always a poison type trainer.

poison.png.bc14b5464579e2a9b776864bbd83a337.png

The male medium is always a psychic type trainer.

medium.png.53f63aa9e44c5d64b5922bc71df6997b.png

The female medium is always a ghost type trainer.

ghost.png.3488fccb28bb7f3f7575da32ba419f16.png

The karate trainer is always the fighting type trainer.

karate.png.8df0a19730ead0cca667501b2ee4c642.png

The bug catcher is always the bug type trainer.

bug.png.e68e574d3d35c77351d3cb59ee5fdf70.png

trainers.png.26636254df39eed0b196b35062e98dcf.png

To enter the tower, there are multiple floors a single pokemon is allowed to access specific floors directly.

A level 1-9 pokemon can access floor 10-19.

A level 10-19 pokemon can access floors 10-19, 20-29.

A level 20-29 pokemon can access floors 10-19, 20-29, 30-39.

A level 30-39 pokemon can access floors 20-29, 30-39, 40-49.

A level 40-49 pokemon can access floors 30-39, 40-49, 50-59.

A level 50-59 pokemon can access floors 40-49, 50-59, 60-69.

A level 60-69 pokemon can access floors 50-59, 60-69, 70-79.

A level 70-79 pokemon can access floors 60-69, 70-79, 80-89.

A level 80-89 and above pokemon can access 70-79, 80-89, 90-100.

A level 90-100 pokemon can access 80-89, 90-100.

To enter the tower as a pokemon party, there are more restrictions.

If your pokemon party has 10 to 19 levels of difference, these are the restrictions.

A level 1-19 pokemon party can access floor 10-19.

A level 10-29 pokemon party can access floors 10-19, 20-29.

A level 20-39 pokemon party can access floors 20-29, 30-39.

A level 30-49 pokemon party can access floors 30-39, 40-49.

A level 40-59 pokemon party can access floors 40-49, 50-59.

A level 50-69 pokemon party can access floors 50-59, 60-69.

A level 60-79 pokemon party can access floors 60-69, 70-79.

A level 70-89 pokemon party can access floors 70-79, 80-89.

A level 80-100 pokemon party can access 80-89, 90-100

If your pokemon party has 10 to 29 levels of difference, these are the restrictions.

A level 1-29 pokemon party can access floor 10-19.

A level 10-39 pokemon party can access floor 20-29.

A level 20-49 pokemon party can access floor 30-39.

A level 30-59 pokemon party can access floor 40-49.

A level 40-69 pokemon party can access floor 50-59.

A level 50-79 pokemon party can access floor 60-69.

A level 70-89 pokemon party can access floor 70-79.

A level 80-100 and above pokemon party can access floors 80-89, 90-100

It is not possible to enter the tower with a higher level difference party than 29 levels.

If the difference between levels in your party becomes higher than what I indicated above, you will NOT be able to climb more floors and you will have to leave the tower challenge, rearrange a new party that fulfills the conditions and reenter. For example, if I start the tower challenge with a 1-29 party but the pokemon at level 29 levels up to 30 and my lowest level pokemon is below 10, I will not be able to access floor 20-29. If I start the tower challenge with a 40-59 party but the level 59 pokemon goes up to 60, I will not be able to access floor 60-69. Check your level differences with what I wrote above.

When you have paid the fee, you can choose which floor you want to access through the elevator. For example:

I enter the tower with a level 60 pokemon and go directly to floor 60-69. I then talk to the elevator and go down to the 50-59 floor to fight a few trainers, then I take the elevator to go up to the 70-79 floor and then I go back to the 60-69 floor.

If your pokemon is within the level range of any of the specified floors above, and you fulfill the conditions of these levels, you CAN switch freely between floors.

If I enter the tower’s floor 60-69 with a level 69 pokemon and level up to 70 BEFORE I want to visit floor 50-59 for a bit extra experience before I continue climbing, I will NOT be able to do so anymore. The option in the elevator will disappear. The elevator calculates the levels of your party WHEN YOU TALK TO IT INSIDE THE TOWER. Thus, it takes your levels into account IN REAL TIME! When you level up inside of the tower, even if you get over the maximum level difference, you will NOT be kicked out!

^note: this might need some testing

General Advice.

Use the Nurse Joy NPC to heal often, 1 to 2 times per floor if needed. It only costs 1.5k and fully heals your party!

Carry a LOT of Leppa Berry and Sitrus Berry. These items are insane in the tower: being able to heal 10 PP and 25% of your maximum HP is incredible inside.

Carry a LOT of healing items THAT YOU OBTAIN THROUGH THE ITEM RECYCLER NPC IN JOHTO. Do a lot of Dig Spots periodically, recycle the gems and items you find in them. Revives, Revival Herbs, Ethers, Max Ethers, Elixirs and Max Elixirs are often never used and just sit in your PC.

DON’T BE AFRAID TO USE HEALING ITEMS! It is worth it.

Defeat ALL THE TRAINERS IN THE FLOOR BEFORE MOVING ON! If the difference of levels in your party is too large, you might not be able to continue climbing up and might need to rearrange an entire party.

Have 1 to 2 maximum pokemon that can oneshot almost everything in the tower. Remember that the LESS pokemon you carry, the MORE experience is gained. The experience that the extra pokemon would gain goes into your pokemon!

Use OFFENSIVE pokemon to get through the tower trainers. DON’T use tanks. It is simply too time consuming and not worth it.

Trainer’s pokemon are COMPLETELY RANDOMISED and just follow a specific type pattern per trainer. A trainer can have multiple of the same pokemon at different levels.

Trainer’s pokemon have no items AND their moves are the last 4 moves they learn by level up. OPEN UP YOUR POKEDEX AND CHECK THEIR LAST 4 MOVES! For example, a level 40 Bulbasaur will have Seed Bomb, Synthesis, Worry Seed and Double-Edge.

Check the sprite of each trainer before you fight them. THEY LITERALLY TELL YOU WHAT TYPE OF POKEMON THEY WILL USE!

Use very strong offensive pokemon for it. These pokemon MUST HAVE GOOD MOVESETS. DO NOT USE STRONG OFFENSIVE POKEMON WITH BAD MOVESETS. For example, Moxie Gyarados is better than Sheer Force Kingler because Moxie gets access to Earthquake (beats Electric, Rock, Fire), Iron Head (beats Ice, Rock, Fairy), Waterfall (beats Fire, Ground, Rock), Crunch (beats Psychic, Ghost), but Kingler barely learns reliable moves aside from Earthquake and Water Type moves.

If you insist however, just use pokemon with really high ATK or SPATK stats.

Abuse your pokemon’s abilities: Some enemies have Sturdy, Cursed Body and other BS abilities that are really annoying. Pokemon with Moxie, Adaptability, Mold Breaker are amazing sweepers for the tower (Gyarados, Crawdaunt, Pinsir).

If possible, the offensive pokemon you use should be EV trained, have a good nature and IVs and moveset. It should also be fast.

If the pokemon you intend to use is NOT level 100, You can choose to use the LEND function from a separate account and lend yourself the pokemon. Once you have finished training your party, you can send back the sweeper to its original level and reuse it in the future.

Using setup moves is risky but worth it. However, you will be constantly taking hits all the time and have to heal up additional times.

Teach good moves to the pokemon you are leveling up via T M moves or level up moves AND equip them with good items! They can use Choice items to help you against specific trainers in the tower you might have difficulties against.

Pokemon I personally recommend after 25 to 30 hours of testing

Adamant Gyarados equipped with Gyaradosite, Moxie ability. You can use an Expert Belt if you don’t have the Megastone. < by far the best.

Iron Head, Earthquake, Crunch, Waterfall.

Adamant Beedrill equipped with Beedrillite, which will become Adaptability < very easy pokemon to hunt as a newbie and very easy megastone to obtain as a newbie.

Poison Jab, X-Scissor, Drill Run, Throat Chop.

Adamant Haxorus equipped with Expert Belt, Mold Breaker ability < a more expensive option.

Earthquake, Dragon Claw, Poison Jab, Throat Chop.

Other Mold Breaker, Adaptability and Moxie users such as Pinsir, Crawdaunt or Salamance are viable too.

Credits to Leeluckya and other players for coming up with the Gyarados + Lend trade strat!

Credits to myself for the rest lmao

Edited by Bhimoso
  • Like 12
  • Checked/Done 1

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

• Bhimoso changed the title to Trainer Tower Guide
On 8/19/2023 at 7:54 PM, Bhimoso said:

These items are insane in the tower: being able to heal 10 PP and 25% of your maximum experience is incredible inside.

Change "of your maximum experience" to of your Pokémon's max HP

On 8/19/2023 at 7:54 PM, Bhimoso said:

When you have paid the fee, you can choose which floor you want to access through the elevator. For example:

I enter the tower with a level 60 pokemon and go directly to floor 60-69. I then talk to the elevator and go down to the 50-59 floor to fight a few trainers, then I take the elevator to go up to the 70-79 floor and then I go back to the 60-69 floor.

As far as I experimented, once you enter a floor, leaving it will deny you from coming back into the said floor, so the red highlighted part shouldn't be possible.

So the best thing to do in that situation is to enter the lowest floor you can and beat all 10 Trainers.

With a full team it won't deny you a floor if your levels aren't messed up, and allows your Sweeper to gain a few extra levels for the next tougher floors.

I must have been drunk nvm lol !

Btw it's cool to see this guide of yours and Leeluckya's one ! It changes from the crybabies that spit on the August 1st EXP Update DAY 1 without exploring these new Trainer Towers offered to us, which turn out to be really Pog.

Edited by Fafouney
Me pepega
  • Like 2

@Fafouney Fixed mdrrrrrrrr

I still don't really get the red part thing, I can actually switch between floors up and down using the elevator perfectly fine. Maybe it's bugged?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

• 6 months later...

Great Guide, thank you very much.

I have looked into the Gyarados-Moveset and wanted to know why you choose Iron Head (Steel-Type) instead of an other option.

The way I see it, Waterfall (Water, STAB), Crunch(STAB when Mega) and Earthquake (Ground)  are set and there are 3 Options for the fourth attack:

All of them hit every Pokemon at least neutral, but Super Effective vary widely. (According to: https://pokemondb.net/tools/type-coverage)

Iron Head (Steel; you choice)

+ Best Power for Full Accurcy (80 for 100)

+Good against Fairy

- No STAB

- other Super effective (Ice and Rock already covered by other Moves)

- Hits only 638 Poke Super Effective (577 normal)

- Most expensive (8.000 for Tutor (Johto needed)

Ice fang (Ice; used in the Guide from Leeluckya)

+ Hits 770 Poke Super Effective (445 Neutral)

+ Super effective against Flying, Grass AND Dragon Trainer

+ cheapest and earliest to get (2.000 at Move Relearner)

- Only neutral against Fairy

- Least powerful (65 at 100 Acuracy)

Bounce (Flying Type; not mentioned)

+ STAB when not Mega

+ Hits 784 Poke Super Effective (431 neutral)

+ Effective against Grass, Fighting AND Bug Trainer

+ Highest Power (85)

o 4.000 for Tutor (Johto, Lake of Rage)

- Can miss ( only 85 accuracy)

- Takes two turns (can be advantageous if no Mega Available with leftovers)

-only 5 PP Base

My Takeaway is:

Bounce is the strongest but the drawbacks make it the worst choice.

Ice and Iron is a bit of a Personal Choice, Ice is more effective but weaker. If you don't have Megastone yet it is also better with Expert Belt.

Since you want to use Tower after Story (and probably more after Johto Story) Price and availability should not be Problems. 

What are your thoughts on that?

P.s.: Also while typing I had the fought, that maybe a tanky approach (Dive and Bounce + Leftovers) could also be viable, but since you normally want clearspeed, it is the inferior option, I.d say.