Ranked PvP Rules.

Shinohara

That statement didn't clarified my doubt at all. The smogon clause does not prohibit the use of accuracy reducing moves, so the rule was made up (created from scratch, whatever you wanna call it) by you or other staff, right ?

"Using evasion moves or accuracy reduction moves is forbidden." This part of the clause was created from scratch, yes.

[center][/center] [center][/center]

363229 The topic was brought up amongst staff again, the general consensus is that it goth while powerful in certain aspects has a similar win-rate to other top tier pokemon.

No matter the decision we will make certain groups of players unhappy. Ex. remove goth= potentially welcomes more stall teams and klefki's. This is not a fact but a reasonable assumption.

We do have some top pvper's amongst us and this is out current decision. The decision will be readdressed as needed.

Win rate is one of the worst indicators. The more players use it, the win rate gets closer to 50% because of mirror matchups. And there are a lot of mid elo players who cant execute gothitelle well enough (using wrong moves or switching in on the wrong targets or trying to setup to +6 even if they simply cant). If u want to use your stats u need to ignore all games with gothitelle in each team, differentiate into low, mid, high elo games and filter out secondary accounts if the player uses them only for testing or negative boosting (stealing high amounts of points from high ranked players to improve the rating of your main account) and not to get into top25 with them.

As some1 who tracks every pvp battle since last august including the elo of the players I can tell u that most players climb up the ladder once they start using gothitelle.

You are definitly correct banning shadow tag would delete gothitelle from pvp because we dont have tiers like ubers where u could still play it. It would also kill the intention to farm that pokemon.

But I brought up calculations that gothitelle actually doesnt need calm mind to kill pokemon like chansey, klefki, slowbro etc. because it has access to the move combination of toxic+taunt which is part of standard stallbreaker like gliscor or mew. The difference is goth without calm mind lacks good recovery while the others cant trap. But chesto+rest is still enough to kill the above mentioned pokemon. Keep in mind that u can always stall at least 29 turns against faster pokemon and 45 turns against slower pokemon because of rest if the pokemon has only a 4HKO (like blissey with seismic toss).

If u use the stall turns all u need is a bold nature+chesto berry+rest+calm mind+psyshock+signal beam right now. Banning calm mind for goth would increase the strategic depth because u need to adapt the nature or move set or ev spread depending on the meta. It is less simple but goth will always be valuable as a trapper but wouldnt be able to sweep a whole team. The list of pokemon gothitelle traps and kills or uses as setup bait is to big atm. U cant tell me that i shouldnt use pokemon like slowbro, blissey, tangrowth, tentacruel, magnet rise magnezone, starmie, blastoise, forretress, roserade, Venusaur, goodra, special eelektross, empoleon, florges, klefki, quagsire, swampert, politoed (yes water teams are gone), lanturn or Gastrodon (without curse) anymore or to build all of them specificly against one single pokemon to at least prevent the setting up to +6 which isnt possible on all of them (there are more but i havent mentioned all because some miss their ability or mega evolution to be relevant for PVP)

568f05139c07da673d6881d968cd4b05.png

as you can see, suckerpunch shouldnt consider if the foe is asleep or not.

i lost 2 fucking games against some low rating ppl cause this mechanic failed me. I knew they gonna wake up, but they are faster than me speedwise, so i selected suckerpunch and it failed, EVEN THO they selected damage moves with LOWER priority than me.

tell shane to move his lazy behind and fix some broken things in this game.

4ef1544e56.png

Check out these nice shops: Reborn's Shop | Gambilicious's Shop | Walrosskastanie's Shop

Discord tag: Gambilicious#4818

Check out our guild thread, if you are looking for a guild!

I've updated the main post to make the thread more aesthetically pleasing, easier to read and easier to find things. Hopefully you all like the changes :)

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others.

Remember to use the correct forum when posting. Unsolicited messages will be trashed. Thanks.

I have a question is mirror shot banned from pvp, it is an attacking move which ocasionally reduces acc, and in the rules section it looks like this should be a move 100% chance reducing acc. On pokemon showdown it is not banned so i think that it is not banned.

Obsession about mindless possession.

365718 I have a question is mirror shot banned from pvp, it is an attacking move which ocasionally reduces acc, and in the rules section it looks like this should be a move 100% chance reducing acc. On pokemon showdown it is not banned so i think that it is not banned.

"Evasion Clause: A Pokemon may not have evasion moves in its moveset. Using evasion moves or accuracy reduction moves is forbidden."

It is banned since there is a certain chance that it will reduce the accuracy of your enemy pokemon. :)

• random number generation

An acronym for "random number generator" or "random number generation", it refers to the process by which computers generate apparently random numbers, essentially the computer equivalent of 'chance'.