Official Tournament Talk

Rekkuza

320086 Just an idea to avoid flame.. maybe for the next time..

Why don't try 2 tournament?

One free, one with OT rule and maybe an hrs cap. Would it be a bad idea?

It would be cool but dont forget they dont even have enough people to fully work on one of the tournaments, imagine two. Check some of Daeon posts here and you will read why they are doing this tournament and why there is a recording rule. Of course people o bought pokes got the short end of the stick, but for GM's this is like getting rid of half of the players for them

If they were to work on another tournament give them some time between both, and im sure they plan on doing more.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

320099 ck some

320099 It would be cool but dont forget they dont even have enough people to fully work on one of the tournaments, imagine two. Check some of Daeon posts here and you will read why they are doing this tournament and why there is a recording rule. Of course people o bought pokes got the short end of the stick, but for GM's this is like getting rid of half of the players for themIf they were to work on another tournament give them some time between both, and im sure they plan on doing more.

Well of course everything become impossible without staff members.. I assumed that the staff problem will be solved for the next time.

I suggested that idea because I see that focus point is the OT rule, and like that the flame would disappear.

Yes I did understand what you were saying. Since Staff are volunteers we cant be too demanding. They do what they can. And yes they are probably working on the staff shortage and solving IRL problems to get some time for PRO. Lets just wait and see

don't need to record, Daeon...don't do this, omg.

On the first tournament when we call chappy to be our referee and when we were ready to battle, he tooks us to the first sinnoh city, or a place without PC and then he asked us to put our 6 pokemons in the chat that he had created, he checked our pokes and he said to send a battle.

just take the 2 players to a (different) place without PC, check their pokemons and say ok.

And you say to the battlers to don't use escape rope..., after the first battle you take both to the last PC visited and when both are available to battle again, you take them back to the second round

As I said in a previous post prior to this. We do not have the capability to spectate or check Pokemon like this, at this time. As an alternative, we are using recordings.

At this moment in time, I am not a full Administrator. I am a Game Master, with Administrative responsibilities in regards to the Forums. I do not have the ability to do this, simply put. I am moderating this Tournament myself. There are no other Administrators who are available to help me, due to real life commitments and so on. The purpose of this tournament was to give the Players something back, whilst Thor, Shane and Red are unavailable. If I cannot give you PvP moves, I will give you a PvP event - rather than give you nothing.

I hope this helps put this into perspective, and helps you understand the choices I have made and why I have made them.

Do you think in the future of the game we'll be able to spectate battles so we can avoid this?

Yes. Fingers crossed this happens prior to the Tournament actually taking place. Remember we've still got a good month or so to go, so it may be that although this is not a possibility for me now, it may be later in the future - or we will have someone who is able to spectate available frequently enough to do so.

However, with that being said as well, I am from the UK and have a real life - I don't want to slow down the tournament by trying to match up with people's battles either. So I guess, we'll see? But at the moment recordings just seemed to cover every loophole and possible problem that may arise.

As I said in a previous post prior to this. We do not have the capability to spectate or check Pokemon like this, at this time. As an alternative, we are using recordings.

At this moment in time, I am not a full Administrator. I am a Game Master, with Administrative responsibilities in regards to the Forums. I do not have the ability to do this, simply put. I am moderating this Tournament myself. There are no other Administrators who are available to help me, due to real life commitments and so on. The purpose of this tournament was to give the Players something back, whilst Thor, Shane and Red are unavailable. If I cannot give you PvP moves, I will give you a PvP event - rather than give you nothing.

I hope this helps put this into perspective, and helps you understand the choices I have made and why I have made them.

Do you think in the future of the game we'll be able to spectate battles so we can avoid this?

Yes. Fingers crossed this happens prior to the Tournament actually taking place. Remember we've still got a good month or so to go, so it may be that although this is not a possibility for me now, it may be later in the future - or we will have someone who is able to spectate available frequently enough to do so.

However, with that being said as well, I am from the UK and have a real life - I don't want to slow down the tournament by trying to match up with people's battles either. So I guess, we'll see? But at the moment recordings just seemed to cover every loophole and possible problem that may arise.

Ok that makes sense, thank you for the reply. :Cool:

Kudos for trying to give back, just unlucky with the ot rule.

In the end tho, we should try to be grateful to the few staffers, who are actually trying to satisfy the playerbase, unlike the game creator.

One suggestion i do have tho, what if the winner could decide, which one he wants out of the trio?

Would also benefit redserver and our motivation, since we kinda drew the short stick :(

I understand where you're coming from, but the purpose of having a Trio of legendaries was to make each winner feel special that they have something unique no one else has, even on other servers. This was also the thought when deciding which trio - the dogs would mean that Mestre's prize is no longer unique to him, and we are only allowed to have one legendary on each server - this meant that Staff rewards were taken into account and limited the pool of rewards.

To substitute the Legendaries, I also added the opportunity to obtain previously unobtainable PvP Cloaks (Red, Green & Blue). This is why there are multiple prizes for First Place.

Can I ask why you decided to not put a set date for the tournament? (Or did I simply miss it?)

This way many people will sign up and then when the date is announced about 30% or more will jump off? Wouldn't it be better to have less applications in the first place but those people would be able to attend at the set date?

fippsiee6u1y.png

320153 Can I ask why you decided to not put a set date for the tournament? (Or did I simply miss it?)

This way many people will sign up and then when the date is announced about 30% or more will jump off? Wouldn't it be better to have less applications in the first place but those people would be able to attend at the set date?

It won't all be done on 1 day, you will get matched with a random opponent and be given a few days to fight each other.

If veteran players are the major concern for this tournament, why not make it so only ot AND pokes captured after announcement date can be used? I must say veteran players are the ones with better OT pokemons because they have had more time hunting rare pokemons... :confused: