Things that are not to be introduced in PRO

Red

1. 1.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Breeding (Not negotiable, just talk)

I don't think Breeding can't be a feature in PRO.

Decrease chance to catch a special pokemon. Increase time to breeding.

Breeding pokemon competions? Player can get only 1 legend pokemons in each competition and they can't trade these pokemons, breeding pokemon from competitions and catch another before they released that. They can trade after competitions finished.

And breeding good pokemon? I think player can't trade breeding pokemon or trade only 1-2 times.

In my opinion, limit in trade will help you in this problem.

16687 Me and Red were discussing the possibility of making fly a donation based ability, by using donation coins as currency for fly usage. (We would still give out the HM in the standard way, but when you go to use it out of battle, it would pop up with a dialogue box similar to surf but will ask for an amount of coins to use.

This may sound like a bit harsh but i believe this is the only way to ensure that fly is balanced and a sought after feature (bear in mind anyone can actually earn donation coins throughout general gameplay, its just a whole lot harder to get than just donating).

Honestly I don't know if I really like that idea, but that's just me. If it does end up like that, it would be like being made to pay real live dollars to go from region to region just for a trade. I know it wouldn't literally be a dollar, but like maybe a coin or few; but as this game is designed with PG in mind, and the staff understands that kids will and do play, it stands to reason that kids won't typically be allowed by their parents to pay money into a game in most cases.

Also, for the grown ups that play, some might not have a job at the moment (myself included) so we might not be able to spare money for that either. This idea almost sounds like pay to win. :(

I'll give an example just in case: Epic scyther in trade chat. I'm in johto, seller is in kanto. I have no fly moneys. I bid 2 million. Seller accepts, but gets impatient. Sells for 1.8 million because I took too long to get there.

Before people try and rip this argument to shreds, I've played several pokemon mmos for long time, and this happens a lot more often than you'd think to realize.

70130 well in spam u can use fly and teleport why nnot add it in the game?

We have our own developement schedule and list of things that will be and wont be done. Nor we require to folloow other games ideas or examples.

spacer.png

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have read almost every messages on the topic and i have tried to understand why PRO Dev won't introduces Breeding.

I understand where the problem is and i accept it.

However as a Competitive player (on 3DS, i'm new on the PRO and i'm killing logging time on the forum ^^) I can understand the need for player to reduces the RNG in the game.

I'm not here to discuss your descision but to offer another way to do it.

First, why not introduces an object, hold by your first Pokemon, who can give you a 50% chance of getting the same Nature that your first Pokemon, totally like Synchronize but in object ?

Second, why not introduces an object, hold by your first Pokemon, who give you for sure 2 IV at 31 ?

I propose 2 objects because like that the player will have to choose between them, does he prefer good IVs or a good Nature ?

I think it's a good way to get a more competitive game without destroying the point of a MMO, farming and trading.

73926 Hi,

I have read almost every messages on the topic and i have tried to understand why PRO Dev won't introduces Breeding.

I understand where the problem is and i accept it.

However as a Competitive player (on 3DS, i'm new on the PRO and i'm killing logging time on the forum ^^) I can understand the need for player to reduces the RNG in the game.

I'm not here to discuss your descision but to offer another way to do it.

First, why not introduces an object, hold by your first Pokemon, who can give you a 50% chance of getting the same Nature that your first Pokemon, totally like Synchronize but in object ?

Second, why not introduces an object, hold by your first Pokemon, who give you for sure 2 IV at 31 ?

I propose 2 objects because like that the player will have to choose between them, does he prefer good IVs or a good Nature ?

I think it's a good way to get a more competitive game without destroying the point of a MMO, farming and trading.

Same reason as breeding. No thanks.

nlNkl1e.png