PRO's Moderation Discussion

Logan

Before you tell me why couldnt they have just pmed me, the guy was obviously brand spanking new to the game, he probably didnt even know how to add me! I remember when i first started i didnt even know you could pm or add, and i had to utilize all chat since help chat was usually pretty inactive at the time, etc.

Modern problems require modern solutions. Did it occur to you that instead of the new player PMing you for help, you could have PMed them instead?

The rules now are just fine and everyone should be familiar with them.

To begin with, the biggest problem imo is the quickness a mute is given and the inconsistency between all the mods. You might think that mods don’t insta mute, but they do or that they warn, but they don’t, and it’s very clear, pretending that they don’t only makes things worse. Every mod I see does their job to the extreme. For example, if someone types “w” in trade chat, there's a mod there telling them trade chat is used only for trades. Why? It could have easily been a mistake. Why do players get warned/muted for making simple mistakes? It doesn’t make any sense to me. Also, a general warning for the chat isn’t very effective, imo they should warn people personally because not everyone has their full attention to the chat and they might miss a warning. I know it’s a lot of work but I think it would be better.

If we follow your original premise that the rules are just fine and everyone should be familiar with them (which I agree with, I personally never broke the rules and probably never will), then it is not unreasonable for a mod to mute someone for a few minutes because they didn’t follow a simple chat rule after a warning was issued. I always see mods reminding people to not comment in trade or English only in chat, so I don’t know what you are referring to to be honest when you say they “never” warn. How many times a day does a person need to be reminded of, as you put it, a rule which is easy to follow? Why, just today I observed in Silver trade chat people commenting and an app issued a warning, and less than 5 minutes later the same person does it again. People might make mistakes the first time, that’s fine and dandy but repeating the same act after being made aware that it is not allowed is just negligence on the player’s end. I don’t believe that the current moderation team is oppressive, individual players are to blame for their own actions. The majority of players aren’t getting disciplined, only the few who keep breaking the rules. If the mods were truly oppressing the playerbase, then you would see a more uniform phenomenon.

• Like 4

An opinion is fine, speaking untruths is not. Can you explain why our moderation team is the worst, if so can you give us examples on how to improve?

The warning the chat received:

The 60 seconds mute you received:

Why you received the mute:

We do not tolerate vulgar language, in this particular context football became a topic that was sparked with players being passionate about it and letting their emotions out which meant swearing and using vulgar language. Yes football is not a sensitive topic but in this particular context you guys were using vulgar language and were swearing left and right.

The narrative that you were muted for talking about football is simply wrong and not at all accurate. We do not want to call out players for their mistakes, god knows we all make mistakes but players hold week, month even year long grudges over nothing, false information, lies, manipulations and such.

This thread is meant for improvements, we obviously give counterpoints and explain why we do certain things the way we do them as we believe our rules are good. Are they perfect? No but we can not see a whole lot more improvements than we already did. That's why we ask our community what they do not like and what can be improved upon.

It doesn't surprise me whatsoever that players with a long punishment record are speaking up here about how terrible the moderation system is, I expected as much but teerav's comment is exactly what we are looking for. Someone who can critically think for themselves, give arguments and state what they believe should be a thing. Nonsense complaining about past infractions is not at all useful.

RMT is something Logan would have to talk to you about, it's not my area nor do I believe our ways should be made public (just because players will avoid them, try to stay hidden).

Players do not randomly get banned, even if they give away everything on their accounts. (e.g Darkin gave me every single item and Pokemon he owned on my player account).

RMT is a complex subject, giving away free stuff is obviously not against our rules.

I can easily speak about abusive bans, unfair bans and such because as a player I was treated as such. I know what it feels like, I know what it meant when staffs make up stuff about you but don't have the evidence for anything. It was my goal to root out everything that was even remotely like the past staff team.

I can promise you that we will unban EVERYONE who was unfairly banned if they appeal their bans and we deem that those bans were indeed unfair. In fact I already did that a bunch.

It is sadly the truth that bad stuff happened in the past, no doubt about that. I felt it myself so its even more a reason to change what has to be changed.

You're really asking me

Some things I can't ignore.

I accept your opinion, but you will have to accept mine as well. This is the worst feedback I have ever seen, making it obvious that you don't care the least to help us improve, the worse Moderation Team you think we are, the happiest you will be. You are a user with temper and rude is the kindest word I can find to describe you. I won't go into details about any user's Punishment History in this public thread.

If the users who donated something after quitting start posting here, this post will never end. If you think that after the decades of hours we spend upon a big RMT case, we ban people for giving away, then you won't be convinced by my words in any way. Our ways will not get in public, if I write them it will be like a guide how to avoid getting caught for RMT. It's not one of my intentions and only Game Master and Admins are aware of these ways. What people say around is none of my concern. I have seen mass botters saying that we permanently banned them for being toxic, I have seen mass botters trying to start riot over Game Masters that they never botted, but me looking a chat evidence where they admit it to a friend in PMs(except the evidence we had ourselves already and cause the ban). We can't control what people say about their Punishment, it's your choice if you believe them or PRO Staff. I will just state one thing: If the evidence and our judgement are at 99%, we unban the user, giving them the 1% benefit of the doubt.

All RMTers, botters, bug abusers, Macro users will get caught anyways eventually.

Do you really think that we use caps to show off? Never thought that we just write in a formal way?

You are not allowed to use other languages on PRO punlic chats, because other languages cannot be moderated by all staff members. "Eu te amo" might means I love you and might means "[heck] you", why everyone is supposed to know that? Or why you have to put more workload to us if you reply "Google translate"?

Also, not saying anything was wrong in that situation, but always be laxer with APPs. They are trainees, nobody was born with a gift to be the most pleasant and successful Moderator.

If you have any proof to say that, I am the right person to send it. Until then, I don't want to see such statements again. Accusing Staff for Power abuse and any kind of abuse, is the most insulting thing someone can say about Staff. Since you are accusing Staff for an infraction that would lead to the permanent removal of a staff member and more, I believe you are ready to face the consequences of such a statement, without the proper evidence and with only goal to defame Staff and spread false rumours.

I don't understand whats the difference between battle chat and other chats. If you fight with someone you know and you both speak spanish, PM them and all good. Other users do not care for what you have to say to your opponent, anyways, even more if it is in a language they can't understand.

Only permanent bans are in both servers. Permanent bans are only caused by high Severity infractions not for Fake Selling or Spam or minor things like these.

So when someone makes the same mistake 3-4-5-6-7 times, I have to warn them again, until they attack or harass again another person? The latest chances we did on Punishment Policy, makes the punishments towards minor infractions laxer and the punishment towards severe infractions harsher. If you harassed a person for 7th time and you think that you don't deserve a few weeks break of the game, then we will never agree on what is fair and what is chaos.

Logan, do you really wanna show punishment history in public? I believe some of your mods wont like that. My screenshots are ready

• Like 2

Modern problems require modern solutions. Did it occur to you that instead of the new player PMing you for help, you could have PMed them instead?

If we follow your original premise that the rules are just fine and everyone should be familiar with them (which I agree with, I personally never broke the rules and probably never will), then it is not unreasonable for a mod to mute someone for a few minutes because they didn’t follow a simple chat rule after a warning was issued. I always see mods reminding people to not comment in trade or English only in chat, so I don’t know what you are referring to to be honest when you say they “never” warn. How many times a day does a person need to be reminded of, as you put it, a rule which is easy to follow? Why, just today I observed in Silver trade chat people commenting and an app issued a warning, and less than 5 minutes later the same person does it again. People might make mistakes the first time, that’s fine and dandy but repeating the same act after being made aware that it is not allowed is just negligence on the player’s end. I don’t believe that the current moderation team is oppressive, individual players are to blame for their own actions. The majority of players aren’t getting disciplined, only the few who keep breaking the rules. If the mods were truly oppressing the playerbase, then you would see a more uniform phenomenon.

Well I didn’t say the the word “never” once in my comment so your comment is a lie. What I did say was “That’s not to say that players don’t break rules and don’t deserve a mute/ban” In the example you gave, the app did the right thing and i agree with his action. People break rules that’s obvious, but typing “w” in trade chat doesn’t warrant a warning imo. They could’ve been getting ready to type “wts” or “wtb” and just accidentally hit enter. I didn’t say they were oppressive and of course players are responsible for their own actions. Back to your first point, it’s not about what’s reasonable or unreasonable, it’s about what’s fair and imo mods aren’t fair a lot of the time.

I don't understand why people are cry about mods warning in public chats(example in post above). It doesn't mean anything, doesnt effect your gameplay, forget about it and move on. If you're being warned about a particular conversation that you want to continue, take it to PM's or create a fresh channel and pm everyone in the convo about the new channel.

Can I ask about quiet bans. Do they work that your 2nd offense is still an escalation of the time period even if the 2nd offense is a month later? If so mabye they need a cooldown period when they reset. However if that already exists why are people crying about a 60second mute that will leave your account at some point.

A-Z Pokémon Shop Gold - Open     Shiny Shop Gold

Discord: Allsmell#8974      

You're really asking me

Logan, do you really wanna show punishment history in public? I believe some of your mods wont like that. My screenshots are ready

Did I say that I want to post your Punishment history? Do you really think threatening me will make anything better?Do you want me to ignore you from now on or you prefer to receive replies?

People break rules that’s obvious, but typing “w” in trade chat doesn’t warrant a warning imo.

I believe some of you shouldn't react that aggressive to warnings. It's certain users who make a warning for a minor infraction a huge matter. We don't bite people who make mistakes. Several times happened a player to post off topic by mistake on trade channel, I warned in general to be careful on what they post on trade chat, they wrote on all chat that it was mistake and I told them its ok dont worry. This is how polite people should communicate. Not a big deal, we do what we have to do, we are here to serve and not to be served by users. I will think 100 times before I perm ban a user, please don't blame me for not thinking 100 times before I warn someone who posts random letter on Trade Chat. It's not a big deal and I don't receive any interior happiness or pleasure when doing it.

• Like 2

tTDfGff.png?1

"Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno"

"One for all, all for one"

PRO Rules | Punishment Policy

| How to report

Do not contact staff members for private support. Use the proper Subforum so others can share their knowledge and help.

An apologetic kind user will most likely have a granted appeal. Breaking again and again the same rule, means there are issues.

60sec mute never follow your account, you just can't talk in chats for 60sec, that's all.

However if that already exists why are people crying about a 60second mute that will leave your account at some point.

• Like 2

tTDfGff.png?1

| How to report

Do not contact staff members for private support. Use the proper Subforum so others can share their knowledge and help.

Did I say that I want to post your Punishment history? Do you really think threatening me will make anything better?Do you want me to ignore you from now on or you prefer to receive replies?

I believe some of you shouldn't react that aggressive to warnings. It's certain users who make a warning for a minor infraction a huge matter. We don't bite people who make mistakes. Several times happened a player to post off topic by mistake on trade channel, I warned in general to be careful on what they post on trade chat, they wrote on all chat that it was mistake and I told them its ok dont worry. This is how polite people should communicate. Not a big deal, we do what we have to do, we are here to serve and not to be served by users. I will think 100 times before I perm ban a user, please don't blame me for not thinking 100 times before I warn someone who posts random letter on Trade Chat. It's not a big deal and I don't receive any interior happiness or pleasure when doing it.

If you think your job is to ignore me go on and do it. Also I did not threat anyone, my screenshots are just the answer to why I think your moderators are the worse I met. I could post them long time ago I just dont wanna make a big deal out of this. Everyone knows what happening. Anyways have a good day.

• Like 4

Im just wondering if the pro gonna get 3d effect when new region appear....

Whenever it happens playtime in pro will make "A BLAST AGAIN" like when i feel when I started PRO gaming i hope they will work on that...:)

Special Thanks to the Hard Working Staff :)

If you think your job is to ignore me go on and do it. Also I did not threat anyone, my screenshots are just the answer to why I think your moderators are the worse I met. I could post them long time ago I just dont wanna make a big deal out of this. Everyone knows what happening. Anyways have a good day.

If you don't want me to ignore you, stop mocking and threatening and we will be good. Disagreements becoming passive toxicity and hatred over a pokemon game is too much for me.

If you ever want to DM me on discord to discuss things I will be happy to do so. If you want to keep believing we are the worst Staff you ever met, do as you please. Have a good day.

tTDfGff.png?1

| How to report

Topic - Punishment policy is too harsh

First of all hello to all of u

U all are pretty good and do your job greatly

Im new to pro (1 week)

And i read your punishment policy and i found it toooooooooo hrash i found u perma ban player even if it is big or small thing

My point is that if a player does a mistake you should ban him/her[for sure!] but...but..but you should not perma ban a player because a player has to hard work a lot to improve its acc in real life people are punished for a specific period of so you should also start doing this you can ban a player for 1 week,1month,1year no problem but pls dont perma ban them i hope you get my point rest you all are epic <3