PRO's Moderation Discussion

Logan

What I personally REALLY dislike was the the overall general mistreat I received from staff back when I first started playing the game when it came out around 2015, people like myself and others shouldn't be banned or disciplined to the point of hating the game just because staff members at the time where "not as good as they are now". I also really dislike the inconsistency of a majority of staff members not replying to messages that players send them when they have serious questions or concerns. My friends and I shouldn't have to wait for a week+ to get a dry reply, if any at all. I also dislike the how easy it is to get auto muted in chat, there have been numerous times when my buddies and myself on a few occasions where auto muted without warning for simply defending ourselves from toxicity that was targeted towards us in chat. Just general nonsense and incredibely biased and inconsiderate staff where the reason me and 6+ of my friends quit the game in 2015, I was the only one to come back and give it a shot. I don't feel like I am can rely on staff or mods at all when I am in a predicament, and that's JUST NOT RIGHT. You guys have this power for a reason, need I say more?. This is not to say I haven't had a good experience with staff and mods, but believe me when I tell you myself and a majority of my (friends that quit in the past) and current online friends think that not only are mods and staff just generally unreliable and borderline useless, we end up thinking any problem you find yourself in is better to be ATTEMPTED to be resolved by yourself (for example my stolen Pokemon(s) not the dusknoir which made me quit PRO) and HOPE that you don't get unlawfully punished and end up, like in myself and my friends cases, just quitting the game in general.

• Like 4

I think I waited long enough. I will share what I think now.

Moderators for sure are doing a very good job. The only thing I don't like is the moderation in excess for unnecessary things. I know there are rules and they must be respected. However, blindly following a rule no matter the context makes me feel in prison.

I legit roll my eyes until I see my brain when I see a moderator over moderating, and showing off that he/she can use capslock (I know, sounds childish what I'm saying, but I know you know what I am talking about).

I will give an example:

Everyone is having a conversation about a different language. Everyone is speaking in English though. However, someone asks "How do you say I love you in portuguese?" Someone responds:

"Eu te amo". A moderator comes out of nowhere and say "Only English here, please!" In my opinion it is nonsense. I know there's a rule to prevent people from having a conversation in other languages in All chat, so it doesn't turns the chat to a chaos, but teaching few words in another language doesn't mean we stopped speaking in English. It won't turn the chat to chaos. It will just teach people few words, which is productive.

Here's the screenshots to illustrate what I just said:

[ATTACH=full]84482[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]84483[/ATTACH]

Please, Açaiberry, don't take it personal. You are not the only one who does it. Also, I know you are an App and you are just doing your job. However, I just think moderating like this is unnecessary. If we were all just having a conversation in portuguese or any other language, I would understand the reason for moderating. But that just makes my eyes roll.

I could be wrong, I could be the only one who thinks it. But I guess this is the right page to express how you feel about moderation, right? I really hope you guys think deeply about my opinion and don't just be like "You are wrong, doesn't matter how you feel, I will just follow the rules I created blindly". I know you guys are way more mature than me to accept when something is lame or not.

A couple of things that I thought were overreactions in your post.

1. "I legit roll my eyes until I see my brain when I see a moderator over moderating"

How is this "over moderating", no warnings were issued, no mutes, etc. Just a reminder that All channel is English only.

2. "showing off that he/she can use capslock (I know, sounds childish what I'm saying, but I know you know what I am talking about)."

How is the staff in the screenshot showing off? They are just capitalizing the first letter in a sentence and proper nouns, which is a perfectly normal thing to do and happens instinctively. The phrase "I know you know what I'm talking about" is so over-the-top btw.

3. "A moderator comes out of nowhere and say "Only English here, please!""

The moderator didn't "come out of nowhere", they were already in the chat and speaking. They didn't say what you said they said. You are just putting words in their mouth.

4. "Please, Açaiberry, don't take it personal. You are not the only one who does it. Also, I know you are an App and you are just doing your job. However, I just think moderating like this is unnecessary."

This phrase comes off as pretentious to me, because you are not a moderator nor you have ever been a moderator but here you are talking down to the staff as if you possess more knowledge than them in this regard, when they are trained, or in the process of being trained if they are an apprentice.

In my opinion, I think PRO moderation is fine but a lot of players just blatantly ignore the rules and when a moderator reminds/warns them in chat, they just ignore it then complain how the mods ban "for no reason".

• Like 5

Some things I can't ignore.

Personally I have played a lot of online games and PRO has the worse moderation team Ive ever seen by far. Totally unfair team. Wish I could say the opposite but truth cant be hidden. Have a nice day and I wish you accept opinions you might not like.

I accept your opinion, but you will have to accept mine as well. This is the worst feedback I have ever seen, making it obvious that you don't care the least to help us improve, the worse Moderation Team you think we are, the happiest you will be. You are a user with temper and rude is the kindest word I can find to describe you. I won't go into details about any user's Punishment History in this public thread.

Also i know some people that got banned for leaving the game, just because they gave some stuff before leave (i will not name them / don't ask to do it)

Most of the players gave stuff away before leave and some of them get banned for RMT(also there is any topic about how you guys ban someone for RMT?)

If the users who donated something after quitting start posting here, this post will never end. If you think that after the decades of hours we spend upon a big RMT case, we ban people for giving away, then you won't be convinced by my words in any way. Our ways will not get in public, if I write them it will be like a guide how to avoid getting caught for RMT. It's not one of my intentions and only Game Master and Admins are aware of these ways. What people say around is none of my concern. I have seen mass botters saying that we permanently banned them for being toxic, I have seen mass botters trying to start riot over Game Masters that they never botted, but me looking a chat evidence where they admit it to a friend in PMs(except the evidence we had ourselves already and cause the ban). We can't control what people say about their Punishment, it's your choice if you believe them or PRO Staff. I will just state one thing: If the evidence and our judgement are at 99%, we unban the user, giving them the 1% benefit of the doubt.

All RMTers, botters, bug abusers, Macro users will get caught anyways eventually.

I legit roll my eyes until I see my brain when I see a moderator over moderating, and showing off that he/she can use capslock (I know, sounds childish what I'm saying, but I know you know what I am talking about).

Do you really think that we use caps to show off? Never thought that we just write in a formal way?

"Eu te amo". A moderator comes out of nowhere and say "Only English here, please!" In my opinion it is nonsense. I know there's a rule to prevent people from having a conversation in other languages in All chat, so it doesn't turns the chat to a chaos, but teaching few words in another language doesn't mean we stopped speaking in English.

You are not allowed to use other languages on PRO punlic chats, because other languages cannot be moderated by all staff members. "Eu te amo" might means I love you and might means "Fuck you", why everyone is supposed to know that? Or why you have to put more workload to us if you reply "Google translate"?

Also, not saying anything was wrong in that situation, but always be laxer with APPs. They are trainees, nobody was born with a gift to be the most pleasant and successful Moderator.

some players are friends of mods and abuse of that

If you have any proof to say that, I am the right person to send it. Until then, I don't want to see such statements again. Accusing Staff for Power abuse and any kind of abuse, is the most insulting thing someone can say about Staff. Since you are accusing Staff for an infraction that would lead to the permanent removal of a staff member and more, I believe you are ready to face the consequences of such a statement, without the proper evidence and with only goal to defame Staff and spread false rumours.

What I suggest is to add, that all players who speak in the Chat battle, they can do in their respective languages, as long as it is Pvp.

Maybe a problem is moderation within this Chat, right?

Of course, however there are Moderators of different languages that can take care of it.

I don't understand whats the difference between battle chat and other chats. If you fight with someone you know and you both speak spanish, PM them and all good. Other users do not care for what you have to say to your opponent, anyways, even more if it is in a language they can't understand.

2. Prohibition on 2 servers.

I can not find any reason why a player is banned from the 2 servers.

Only permanent bans are in both servers. Permanent bans are only caused by high Severity infractions not for Fake Selling or Spam or minor things like these.

I think that every human being makes a mistake and many times for more experience or age, he always makes a mistake and when he makes the mistake, he is blinded and acts without awareness of the risks that his action can bring.

So when someone makes the same mistake 3-4-5-6-7 times, I have to warn them again, until they attack or harass again another person? The latest chances we did on Punishment Policy, makes the punishments towards minor infractions laxer and the punishment towards severe infractions harsher. If you harassed a person for 7th time and you think that you don't deserve a few weeks break of the game, then we will never agree on what is fair and what is chaos.

Edited by Logan
  • Like 2

tTDfGff.png?1

"Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno"

"One for all, all for one"

PRO Rules | Punishment Policy

| How to report

Do not contact staff members for private support. Use the proper Subforum so others can share their knowledge and help.

First, dont invite ppl like Prehax to staff

Second, Get ppl by his skill in moderation not beacuse its friends with the current staffers. get good staffers, not ppl like epiales.

Third, get ppl to staff with the mentality: with great power comes great responsability. not ppl that will abuse that same powers.

could stay here all day, but im tired so bye

• Like 1

image.png.20003f8f638525f195519655e118e2e0.png

First, dont invite ppl like Prehax to staff

Prehax is doing a really good job in Staff. People might prefer lazy Staff who never came to contradict with anyone in the past, never handled enough reports and cases,never moderated enough to become player's target.

Second, Get ppl by his skill in moderation not beacuse its friends with the current staffers.

Recently we made a public recruitment, I am 100% none of those who succeeded had any close friend among the people who decided. If you had more people to suggest why didn't you tell them to apply, or why even yourself didn't apply?

It's easy to sit in the corner and talk trash about things outside of the box

Also, I know a lot of people that would be hella useful in the Staff, but they don't want to spend their free time there, they don't care, they don't like me or w/e reason they have. We can't force anyone.

Friendly recruitment won't be a thing in Staff anytime soon. Being friend with people who are worthy enough to pass all our tests is not a crime. Recruiting people who are not the best is a crime.

As for Epiales. You would be surprised on how much work he can do. One-two wrong mutes when he was new staff, created a fame, because in my opinion some users are always thirsty for Staff blood. I know myself, one wrong auction handling among the hundreds I handled, was enough to make a few users call me power abuser. We can talk about it in Private, I said this post is not to attack certain Staff Members, but give us feedback.

You had and have more friends than me in Staff, ask them if we abuse any power.

• Like 2

tTDfGff.png?1

| How to report

Do not contact staff members for private support. Use the proper Subforum so others can share their knowledge and help.

Prehax is doing a really good job in Staff. People might prefer lazy Staff who never came to contradict with anyone in the past, never handled enough reports and cases,never moderated enough to become player's target.

Recently we made a public recruitment, I am 100% none of those who succeeded had any close friend among the people who decided. If you had more people to suggest why didn't you tell them to apply, or why even yourself didn't apply?

It's easy to sit in the corner and talk trash about things outside of the box

Also, I know a lot of people that would be hella useful in the Staff, but they don't want to spend their free time there, they don't care, they don't like me or w/e reason they have. We can't force anyone.

Friendly recruitment won't be a thing in Staff anytime soon. Being friend with people who are worthy enough to pass all our tests is not a crime. Recruiting people who are not the best is a crime.

As for Epiales. You would be surprised on how much work he can do. One-two wrong mutes when he was new staff, created a fame, because in my opinion some users are always thirsty for Staff blood. I know myself, one wrong auction handling among the hundreds I handled, was enough to make a few users call me power abuser. We can talk about it in Private, I said this post is not to attack certain Staff Members, but give us feedback.

You had and have more friends than me in Staff, ask them if we abuse any power.

Sorry epiales cant even speak english. ^^ thats why he is the copy paste master

image.png.20003f8f638525f195519655e118e2e0.png

Sorry epiales cant even speak english. ^^ thats why he is the copy paste master

His english is decent and his work on report center great. We can't have only english native speakers in Staff. He is great upon investigations, believe me or not, it's not something to force you believe.

Also, always remember, people who work will do mistakes. Only people who don't work will not. I am not here to write for Staff individuals though, let's move on.

• Like 2

tTDfGff.png?1

| How to report

What I personally REALLY dislike was the the overall general mistreat I received from staff back when I first started playing the game when it came out around 2015, people like myself and others shouldn't be banned or disciplined to the point of hating the game just because staff members at the time where "not as good as they are now"

Since you are making it public, the only Punishment you had was 3 days quiet banned for excessive harassment. To be more detailed, you were cursing someone and his mother for about 10-12 lines. It seems like you were mistreating another player and not PRO Staff mistreating you.

Also, about the report you did 4 years ago. User was punished accordingly, but the Pokemon couldn't be returned to your account, since PRO Staff could not do that with the old Mod Tools.

Your accusations are invalid, from the 1st to the last word.

• Like 2

tTDfGff.png?1

| How to report

Just because i gave one piece of evidence that happened to me in the past, it doesnt give you the right to outwardly claim that my claim is entirely invalid.. Did you stop to consider what it was like for me and more importantly what he said to me both in game and on the side? No you didnt, because i didnt mention it in my "Invalid statement". The mod that took care of me at the time didnt do anything for my case besides tell me i was foolish for trusting anyone and that i got a nice ban. The only reason i said the stuff i did at the time was becuase HE INSTIGATED THE VERY SAME LINES. No if your wondering, he didnt get punished the way i did, and i never got my goddamn pokemon back.

Im HIGHLY offended that you have the audacity to claim that my post is 100% invalid BASED OFF OF ONE EXAMPLE THAT I GAVE THAT PARTICULARLY HAPPENED TO ME, WITHOUT even checking what the other guy did to me at the time or even considered why i must have said those things.

If you want more examples of what i experienced i will gladly make those "public" as well, and if you want i can share what others who weren't as patient as i was had to experience as well. But common man, there is no need to be rude!

Have a wonderful day!

EDIT: Logan, i mean you no disrespect obviously. But i EXPLICITLY mentioned i had MANY negative experiences, both myself and my friends that left PRO due to being mistreated, i dont feel like you have the right to completely and udderly disrespect me or my case by stating "its invalid... from 1st word to last" when you DIDNT EVEN CONSIDER what i talked about in my original post, and only decided to base your reply and (relatively) skewed judgement on one piece of anecodtal evidence you had. With this being said, i understand you made the point that the instance in which i was unlawfully punished you believed i was the person doing the mistreating, not being mistreated. Why do you think i would run my mouth in such a disrepsectful manner when like you stated, THAT WAS MY ONLY DOCUMENT BAN. I have no history of being aggresive or rude or mistreating others, so please, i am asking you respectfully to not disrespect me and say that I WAS THE ONE who mistreated a player. Since you wanted to cherry pick my statement, ill reply to you in that sense. He stole my pokemon, AND THEN MADE FUN OF ME IN THE EXACT WAY I REPLIED TO HIM AND MORE!!! i was the victim, he tried to scam me again at the time!!. At the time of this issue being resolved, the staff member that took care of me told me that the original staff member was BAD and SHOULD NOT! have done what he did to me! Since you love looking at my documented history, i respectfully and kindly ask you to go through your logs and validate what it is that i am saying.

I will conclude by reinstating i mean you no disrespect, but i dont appreciate AT ALL your disrespect towards me or my case.

Have a great day!

@Logan

A couple of things that I thought were overreactions in your post.

1. "I legit roll my eyes until I see my brain when I see a moderator over moderating"

How is this "over moderating", no warnings were issued, no mutes, etc. Just a reminder that All channel is English only.

2. "showing off that he/she can use capslock (I know, sounds childish what I'm saying, but I know you know what I am talking about)."

How is the staff in the screenshot showing off? They are just capitalizing the first letter in a sentence and proper nouns, which is a perfectly normal thing to do and happens instinctively. The phrase "I know you know what I'm talking about" is so over-the-top btw.

3. "A moderator comes out of nowhere and say "Only English here, please!""

The moderator didn't "come out of nowhere", they were already in the chat and speaking. They didn't say what you said they said. You are just putting words in their mouth.

4. "Please, Açaiberry, don't take it personal. You are not the only one who does it. Also, I know you are an App and you are just doing your job. However, I just think moderating like this is unnecessary."

This phrase comes off as pretentious to me, because you are not a moderator nor you have ever been a moderator but here you are talking down to the staff as if you possess more knowledge than them in this regard, when they are trained, or in the process of being trained if they are an apprentice.

In my opinion, I think PRO moderation is fine but a lot of players just blatantly ignore the rules and when a moderator reminds/warns them in chat, they just ignore it then complain how the mods ban "for no reason".

Now thats just not true, EVERY experience i had with #3 they have ALWAYS came out of nowhere to say english only! they dont even say please half the time! i was told on a few instances when i was helping a person in all chat THAT COULDN'T SPEAK english (they mentioned in their language they couldnt speak english and just needed help) (in his native language that i learned in college), i couldnt even help the poor guy because i was told to stop! (I did). Before you tell me why couldnt they have just pmed me, the guy was obviously brand spanking new to the game, he probably didnt even know how to add me! I remember when i first started i didnt even know you could pm or add, and i had to utilize all chat since help chat was usually pretty inactive at the time, etc.

Edited by Dannymj1

oof hopefully this isn’t a waste of time again.

The rules now are just fine and everyone should be familiar with them.

To begin with, the biggest problem imo is the quickness a mute is given and the inconsistency between all the mods. You might think that mods don’t insta mute, but they do or that they warn, but they don’t, and it’s very clear, pretending that they don’t only makes things worse. Every mod I see does their job to the extreme. For example, if someone types “w” in trade chat, there's a mod there telling them trade chat is used only for trades. Why? It could have easily been a mistake. Why do players get warned/muted for making simple mistakes? It doesn’t make any sense to me. Also, a general warning for the chat isn’t very effective, imo they should warn people personally because not everyone has their full attention to the chat and they might miss a warning. I know it’s a lot of work but I think it would be better.

The swearing filter seems pointless if we’re still asked to not swear, but I guess it’s for pms or a custom chat.

Secondly, it doesn’t seem to matter if players complain about mods, nothing happens and our voices are left unheard. It’s not a good thing to have players resent the mod team. Another point is how often mods are active, there’s rarely one in-game, I understand they are people with lives but they are mods for a reason and they should be more active. If they can’t make time for the game then maybe someone who can should get that position. Also, I know they don’t have an obligation to do so, but helping players with questions they have would be a nice thing from them.

There are a lot of players who don’t like mods and I can’t blame them because some do a very bad job. That’s not to say that players don’t break rules and don’t deserve a mute/ban but like all people, mods make mistakes and it’s disingenuous to act as if they don’t. You’ve managed to alienate so many players with the excessive pestering mods give(when they actually get online) to the point that there are hundreds of players that won’t even bother with making a post here because they think it’s a waste of time and that nothing will change. I do agree with that sentiment but I still try to voice my opinion no matter how minor it is I want this game to improve because I love this game and the people I’ve met. The way I would like things to be, is there would be a voting system where players vote for who should become mods from the apprentices and they would also vote for mods to not be mods anymore. You seem to have an excuse for everything so this is probably a giant waste of time. You also seem to want to keep up a façade that mods don’t suck, and you might want some examples as to why I think they do, and I could go on and on with examples and you will go on and on about how my examples aren't valid, but nothing will change. You will shrug off any kind of criticism, be it justified or not, and keep doing a bad job. Kinda sucks that you don’t listen to players but oh well. Thanks for nothing and have a nice day. :)

P.S. when I say “you” I’m talking about you as a representative of the mod team, not you personally and don’t take anything as a personal attack.

• Like 1