PRO's Moderation Discussion

Logan

Wasn't a dig, I think you guys do a brilliant job. Was a mabye helpful suggestion that might mean you don't have to spend hours reordering things. Mabye it's a bad idea, idk was just an idea.

It's a good idea, I believe it was brought up in our staff discord as well. I am not too sure if its possible if I am being honest with you.

• Your appeal will be replied to as soon as the case handling staff member is available. We are all just volunteers with real life responsibilities, other interests and limited free time. Spamming your appeal will not yield a faster reply. Bumps every 24 hours will not(!) increase your chances for a faster reply.

• Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your question on the forum due to it being of use for others. Please use the proper forum as well. Unsolicited messages will be deleted. Thanks.

I think I waited long enough. I will share what I think now.

Moderators for sure are doing a very good job. The only thing I don't like is the moderation in excess for unnecessary things. I know there are rules and they must be respected. However, blindly following a rule no matter the context makes me feel in prison.

I legit roll my eyes until I see my brain when I see a moderator over moderating, and showing off that he/she can use capslock (I know, sounds childish what I'm saying, but I know you know what I am talking about).

I will give an example:

Everyone is having a conversation about a different language. Everyone is speaking in English though. However, someone asks "How do you say I love you in portuguese?" Someone responds:

"Eu te amo". A moderator comes out of nowhere and say "Only English here, please!" In my opinion it is nonsense. I know there's a rule to prevent people from having a conversation in other languages in All chat, so it doesn't turns the chat to a chaos, but teaching few words in another language doesn't mean we stopped speaking in English. It won't turn the chat to chaos. It will just teach people few words, which is productive.

Here's the screenshots to illustrate what I just said:

1558977584572.png.646deff1f934d802ea00c5f37de8501f.png

1558977609205.png.6d3b694df46618a39857255fd64aa5e0.png

Please, Açaiberry, don't take it personal. You are not the only one who does it. Also, I know you are an App and you are just doing your job. However, I just think moderating like this is unnecessary. If we were all just having a conversation in portuguese or any other language, I would understand the reason for moderating. But that just makes my eyes roll.

I could be wrong, I could be the only one who thinks it. But I guess this is the right page to express how you feel about moderation, right? I really hope you guys think deeply about my opinion and don't just be like "You are wrong, doesn't matter how you feel, I will just follow the rules I created blindly". I know you guys are way more mature than me to accept when something is lame or not.

Gio smells.

• Like 4
sign2.png

Moderators for sure are doing a very good job. The only thing I don't like is the moderation in excess for unnecessary things. I know there are rules and they must be respected. However, blindly following a rule no matter the context makes me feel in prison.

I legit roll my eyes until I see my brain when I see a moderator over moderating, and showing off that he/she can use capslock (I know, sounds childish what I'm saying, but I know you know what I am talking about).

I will give an example:

Everyone is having a conversation about a different language. Everyone is speaking in English though. However, someone asks "How do you say I love you in portuguese?" Someone responds:

"Eu te amo". A moderator comes out of nowhere and say "Only English here, please!" In my opinion it is nonsense. I know there's a rule to prevent people from having a conversation in other languages in All chat, so it doesn't turns the chat to a chaos, but teaching few words in another language doesn't mean we stopped speaking in English. It won't turn the chat to chaos. It will just teach people few words, which is productive.

[ATTACH type=full" alt="84482]84482[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH type=full" alt="84483]84483[/ATTACH]

Please, Açaiberry, don't take it personal. You are not the only one who does it. Also, I know you are an App and you are just doing your job. However, I just think moderating like this is unnecessary. If we were all just having a conversation in portuguese or any other language, I would understand the reason for moderating. But that just makes my eyes roll.

I could be wrong, I could be the only one who thinks it. But I guess this is the right page to express how you feel about moderation, right? I really hope you guys think deeply about my opinion and don't just be like "You are wrong, doesn't matter how you feel, I will just follow the rules I created blindly". I know you guys are way more mature than me to accept when something is lame or not.

Gio smells.

agree very very much belz.

• Like 1
yKPcHlh.png

I will give an example:

[ATTACH=full]84482[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]84483[/ATTACH]

Gio smells.

This is another exemple of what I wanted to show in my preview answer in this thread.

My exemple was poorly written and explained, but this one even have screenshots to support the idea.

=3

• Like 1

Madtrainer_Jolteon.gif.207f7bcf3067bf69eb5205ea0bc33f66.gif

:

I will only comment on this shortly and give a nuclear take on it.

For all I care "te amo" could mean "fuck you". Almost everything is written in English, except a small portion of the new website therefore in all our channels the English only rule applies. There is the "Other Chat" or private chat channels where you can speak other languages but those are not heavily moderated as we do not have the manpower to moderate in every language. If there are staff members who speak the language they should moderate those channels.

If a Moderator or any moderation staff can not understand what you are typing without googling it then it will not be allowed. It's English only for a reason.

The apprentice did nothing wrong here neither did any other staff member who enforces this rule. If I can not understand what you are saying then it will be not be allowed.

Also to address any "but that is racist" cards some might want to play, literally 75% of our moderation staff are not from primary English speaking countries yet they understand that this has to be a thing.

some players are friends of mods and abuse of that

A staff member who abuses their powers, shows any form of bias or favoritism will be sanctioned. It is not only against our own Code of Conduct but it also breaks our staff rules (we do have rules as well as a punishment policy specifically for staff members).

• Like 2
  • Your appeal will be replied to as soon as the case handling staff member is available. We are all just volunteers with real life responsibilities, other interests and limited free time. Spamming your appeal will not yield a faster reply. Bumps every 24 hours will not(!) increase your chances for a faster reply.

• Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your question on the forum due to it being of use for others. Please use the proper forum as well. Unsolicited messages will be deleted. Thanks.

I will only comment on this shortly and give a nuclear take on it.

For all I care "te amo" could mean "fuck you". Almost everything is written in English, except a small portion of the new website therefore in all our channels the English only rule applies. There is the "Other Chat" or private chat channels where you can speak other languages but those are not heavily moderated as we do not have the manpower to moderate in every language. If there are staff members who speak the language they should moderate those channels.

If a Moderator or any moderation staff can not understand what you are typing without googling it then it will not be allowed. It's English only for a reason.

The apprentice did nothing wrong here neither did any other staff member who enforces this rule. If I can not understand what you are saying then it will be not be allowed.

Also to address any "but that is racist" cards some might want to play, literally 75% of our moderation staff are not from primary English speaking countries yet they understand that this has to be a thing.

A staff member who abuses their powers, shows any form of bias or favoritism will be sanctioned. It is not only against our own Code of Conduct but it also breaks our staff rules (we do have rules as well as a punishment policy specifically for staff members).

The staff in my screenshot clearly said "I speak brazilian portuguese". He knew the meaning. It was an unnecessary moderation.

• Like 2
sign2.png

The staff in my screenshot clearly said "I speak brazilian portuguese". He knew the meaning. It was an unnecessary moderation.

You are not getting it, if we make one exception, we open something we do not want. Why should you be allowed to speak PT when a PT staff is around but someone else is not allowed to speak french when a non french speaking staff is around. This is inconsistency we will not deal with.

• Like 1

I have 3 suggestions.

1. Regarding the rules applied in Chats.

While it is true the general language of the game is English, as well as there are official channels for Spanish, French or Portuguese.

Regarding the default channels I would like to add something to the Battle channel. I have always had problems in the battle channel because sometimes I speak in Spanish there sometimes.

What I suggest is to add, that all players who speak in the Chat battle, they can do in their respective languages, as long as it is Pvp.

Maybe a problem is moderation within this Chat, right?

Of course, however there are Moderators of different languages that can take care of it.

2. Prohibition on 2 servers.

I can not find any reason why a player is banned from the 2 servers.

I think it should work like that.

-Prohibit on the 2 servers as long as the crime committed is the use of Bots, misleading content publication, Cheats, speed hack, etc. of things of that magnitude.

-And in regard to the other milder motives for which the player was prohibited, prohibit him at the server where the infraction was committed.

I suggest this because one server has nothing to do with the other, they are different stories.

3. Warnings before receiving a punishment.

I think that every human being makes a mistake and many times for more experience or age, he always makes a mistake and when he makes the mistake, he is blinded and acts without awareness of the risks that his action can bring.

By which I suggest that the Staff should put themselves in the position of the person to whom it is forbidden and send them an announcement, mute or something to let them know they are doing something wrong.

Every player deserves opportunities.

So in your history have thousands of prohibitions, literally. . . This does not take away the right to receive warnings to control yourself.

In short, I suggest that the Staffs warn the committer of the act of what he is doing wrong, regardless of his history of prohibitions, to calm him down, but if he remains stubborn, there should be applied a sanction.

I speak of this, because I play since 2015 and for the ancients, it makes us sad to see how for one or another absurd reason our friends abandon the game, prohibition is exaggerated or unfair.

Be realistic, the game is dying little by little, and if they are still so drastic in their rules. . . This game so appreciated by many, will end in oblivion as is the case of PWO.

THNKS FOR UR ATENTION

• Like 1

I have 3 suggestions.

1. Regarding the rules applied in Chats.

While it is true the general language of the game is English, as well as there are official channels for Spanish, French or Portuguese.

Regarding the default channels I would like to add something to the Battle channel. I have always had problems in the battle channel because sometimes I speak in Spanish there sometimes.

What I suggest is to add, that all players who speak in the Chat battle, they can do in their respective languages, as long as it is Pvp.

Maybe a problem is moderation within this Chat, right?

Of course, however there are Moderators of different languages that can take care of it.

2. Prohibition on 2 servers.

I can not find any reason why a player is banned from the 2 servers.

I think it should work like that.

-Prohibit on the 2 servers as long as the crime committed is the use of Bots, misleading content publication, Cheats, speed hack, etc. of things of that magnitude.

-And in regard to the other milder motives for which the player was prohibited, prohibit him at the server where the infraction was committed.

I suggest this because one server has nothing to do with the other, they are different stories.

3. Warnings before receiving a punishment.

I think that every human being makes a mistake and many times for more experience or age, he always makes a mistake and when he makes the mistake, he is blinded and acts without awareness of the risks that his action can bring.

By which I suggest that the Staff should put themselves in the position of the person to whom it is forbidden and send them an announcement, mute or something to let them know they are doing something wrong.

Every player deserves opportunities.

So in your history have thousands of prohibitions, literally. . . This does not take away the right to receive warnings to control yourself.

In short, I suggest that the Staffs warn the committer of the act of what he is doing wrong, regardless of his history of prohibitions, to calm him down, but if he remains stubborn, there should be applied a sanction.

I speak of this, because I play since 2015 and for the ancients, it makes us sad to see how for one or another absurd reason our friends abandon the game, prohibition is exaggerated or unfair.

Be realistic, the game is dying little by little, and if they are still so drastic in their rules. . . This game so appreciated by many, will end in oblivion as is the case of PWO.

THNKS FOR UR ATENTION

Your 2nd point

If you're being annoying on one server why would you not be annoying on the other. Also removes the punishment aspect of it.

• Like 2

A-Z Pokémon Shop Gold - Open     Shiny Shop Gold

Discord: Allsmell#8974