PRO's Moderation Discussion

Logan

Personally I have played a lot of online games and PRO has the worse moderation team Ive ever seen by far. Totally unfair team. Wish I could say the opposite but truth cant be hidden. Have a nice day and I wish you accept opinions you might not like.

• Like 2

This is literally why we are making this thread to see what our community thinks about our rules, we wouldn't have them if we didn't think they were good. We want to know which rules we can improve upon, what can be done better and such. This comment literally helps us 0%.

Players are never banned for "stupid" reasons let alone for "no reason". Those claims come up a ton of times but are unfounded, find me a user that was banned without reason or with a "stupid" reason. We ban if there is evidence and a rule has been broken, nothing less than that. Random bans would quickly result in staff removal.

From my experience as player I can speak very accurately about that, I don't believe I would be staff right now if we had staff members who ban over nothing or stupid reasons.

You know as well as I do that you were not muted for talking about football. I checked our logs about it again, you were muted for using vulgar language after a moderator warned in chat about it just a few minutes prior.

Players are not muted for random stuff and giving out inaccurate information just spreads hate towards that staff that isn't necessary. You were muted for using vulgar language after a warning was given not because you were talking about football.

Examples, if you don't want to name them publicly, DM me about it. We do not tolerate any form of abuse and rigorously remove or suspend abusive staffs.

Users' often claim its power abuse when in reality they did a mistake and are too proud to admit it or are simply misinformed, like you with your mute about "football".

Will not happen, MAJORITY of bans are botters, realmoneytraders and cheaters. Players we do not want to see in our game, there are not that many "toxicity" permbans, actually to receive a permban for toxicity now you need an EXTENSIVE record something like 7-8-9 offenses and at that point well you kind of deserve to be banned with constantly breaking our rules. If you find me users' who were banned for toxicity in the past and they have a decent appeal, we are more than willing to unban. I gave users' more than 2 chances, I received mine and made the best out of it.

This is not a big deal, is just 60 seconds but still, things like this should not happen, also everyone that was talking about it got also muted, after some time the moderator apologized, i am pretty sure i got warned 0 times.

I am not flaming the moderator work, just trying to show that things like this happens some times.

1558946260504.png.47d7714d05d8cf6ed9e0e85b4fd44d03.png

1558946322823.png.4bbdf175b60bde0df43ea75a90186e89.png

Staff opened this thread to see community opinion about moderation and i see you defending / respond to all opinions with counterfacts, that just mean this thread is useless and will not change anything. (all good if you answer me but some people will not post on the thread because this)

Also i know some people that got banned for leaving the game, just because they gave some stuff before leave (i will not name them / don't ask to do it)

Most of the players gave stuff away before leave and some of them get banned for RMT(also there is any topic about how you guys ban someone for RMT?)

About my suggestion, all good if don't happen, but we all know such move could help bring some hype back to the game.

• Like 2

image.png.f987891793a787f38288ae564a7c5d82.png

Personally I have played a lot of online games and PRO has the worse moderation team Ive ever seen by far. Totally unfair team. Wish I could say the opposite but truth cant be hidden. Have a nice day and I wish you accept opinions you might not like.

An opinion is fine, speaking untruths is not. Can you explain why our moderation team is the worst, if so can you give us examples on how to improve?

This is not a big deal, is just 60 seconds but still, things like this should not happen, also everyone that was talking about it got also muted, after some time the moderator apologized, i am pretty sure i got warned 0 times.

I am not flaming the moderator work, just trying to show that things like this happens some times.

alt=84425https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/index.php?attachments/1558946260504-png.84425/[/img]

alt=84426https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/index.php?attachments/1558946322823-png.84426/[/img]

Staff opened this thread to see community opinion about moderation and i see you defending / respond to all opinions with counterfacts, that just mean this thread is useless and will not change anything. (all good if you answer me but some people will not post on the thread because this)

Also i know some people that got banned for leaving the game, just because they gave some stuff before leave (i will not name them / don't ask to do it)

Most of the players gave stuff away before leave and some of them get banned for RMT(also there is any topic about how you guys ban someone for RMT?)

About my suggestion, all good if don't happen, but we all know such move could help bring some hype back to the game.

The warning the chat received:

The 60 seconds mute you received:

Why you received the mute:

We do not tolerate vulgar language, in this particular context football became a topic that was sparked with players being passionate about it and letting their emotions out which meant swearing and using vulgar language. Yes football is not a sensitive topic but in this particular context you guys were using vulgar language and were swearing left and right.

The narrative that you were muted for talking about football is simply wrong and not at all accurate. We do not want to call out players for their mistakes, god knows we all make mistakes but players hold week, month even year long grudges over nothing, false information, lies, manipulations and such.

This thread is meant for improvements, we obviously give counterpoints and explain why we do certain things the way we do them as we believe our rules are good. Are they perfect? No but we can not see a whole lot more improvements than we already did. That's why we ask our community what they do not like and what can be improved upon.

It doesn't surprise me whatsoever that players with a long punishment record are speaking up here about how terrible the moderation system is, I expected as much but teerav's comment is exactly what we are looking for. Someone who can critically think for themselves, give arguments and state what they believe should be a thing. Nonsense complaining about past infractions is not at all useful.

RMT is something Logan would have to talk to you about, it's not my area nor do I believe our ways should be made public (just because players will avoid them, try to stay hidden).

Players do not randomly get banned, even if they give away everything on their accounts. (e.g Darkin gave me every single item and Pokemon he owned on my player account).

RMT is a complex subject, giving away free stuff is obviously not against our rules.

I can easily speak about abusive bans, unfair bans and such because as a player I was treated as such. I know what it feels like, I know what it meant when staffs make up stuff about you but don't have the evidence for anything. It was my goal to root out everything that was even remotely like the past staff team.

I can promise you that we will unban EVERYONE who was unfairly banned if they appeal their bans and we deem that those bans were indeed unfair. In fact I already did that a bunch.

It is sadly the truth that bad stuff happened in the past, no doubt about that. I felt it myself so its even more a reason to change what has to be changed.

Edited by Qeight
  • Your appeal will be replied to as soon as the case handling staff member is available. We are all just volunteers with real life responsibilities, other interests and limited free time. Spamming your appeal will not yield a faster reply. Bumps every 24 hours will not(!) increase your chances for a faster reply.

• Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your question on the forum due to it being of use for others. Please use the proper forum as well. Unsolicited messages will be deleted. Thanks.

An opinion is fine, speaking untruths is not. Can you explain why our moderation team is the worst, if so can you give us examples on how to improve?

The warning the chat received:

The 60 seconds mute you received:

Why you received the mute:

We do not tolerate vulgar language, in this particular context football became a topic that was sparked with players being passionate about it and letting their emotions out which meant swearing and using vulgar language. Yes football is not a sensitive topic but in this particular context you guys were using vulgar language and were swearing left and right.

The narrative that you were muted for talking about football is simply wrong and not at all accurate. We do not want to call out players for their mistakes, god knows we all make mistakes but players hold week, month even year long grudges over nothing, false information, lies, manipulations and such.

This thread is meant for improvements, we obviously give counterpoints and explain why we do certain things the way we do them as we believe our rules are good. Are they perfect? No but we can not see a whole lot more improvements than we already did. That's why we ask our community what they do not like and what can be improved upon.

It doesn't surprise me whatsoever that players with a long punishment records are speaking up here about how terrible the moderation system is, I expected as much but teerav's comment is exactly what we are looking for. Someone who can critically think for themselves, give arguments and state what they believe should be a thing. Nonsense complaining about past infractions is not at all useful.

RMT is something Logan would have to talk to you about, it's not my area nor do I believe our ways should be made public (just because players will avoid them at try to stay hidden).

Players do not randomly get banned, even if they give away everything on their accounts. (e.g Darkin gave me every single item and Pokemon he owned on my player account).

RMT is a complex subjects, giving away free stuff is obviously not against our rules.

I can easily speak about abusive bans, unfair bans and such because as a player I was treated as such. I know what it feels like, I know what it meant when staffs make up stuff about you but don't have the evidence for anything. It was my goal to root out everything that was even remotely like the past staff team.

I can promise you that we will unban EVERYONE who was unfairly banned if they appeal their bans and we deem that those bans were indeed unfair. In fact I already did that a bunch.

It is sadly the truth that bad stuff happened in the past, no doubt about that. I felt it myself so its even more a reason to change what has to be changed.

First of all, that was not a warn for the chat, was a warn for Starkrey, and i am surprised how you can say that was even a warn for the chat (???).

1558954135939.png.3bf822583c13066a80465febfe653c34.pngI am not even familiar with this player.

Okay so i said #@?%$ one time, and was not even to flame anyone and i get muted for that? Where is the warn?, can't the moderator pm me and ask my to don't say such stuff?He could talk with me, he have the right to do it

--------------------------------

1558954253580.png.f85a6a6aa2337bf5779f0065b04c7d59.png

Everyone was in the same side defeding "Mourinho" because his team have lost a important game and most of MU fans (irl fans) was flaming him hard.

Also we discussed about the best european teams, without any flame between the players, i don't know if there is any staff tool to check the chat but go for it and see.

When this happened i was on discord with friends and my reaction was "Wait, i think my account is bugged" i was really surprised for getting a mute for that.

But all okay the moderator apologized and i am okay with it because humans are not perfect and we all are humans.

Also i have 0 problems with staffs, and i have a lot of friends on staff etc.

I am one of the admins of the biggest non official pro discord "The Amigos" and i know how hard is that work, take care of whole chat, need to make own decisions if the player deserve the ban/mute or not, i am just talking about this because i don't want this happen with other players too.

• Like 1

image.png.f987891793a787f38288ae564a7c5d82.png

First of all, that was not a warn for the chat, was a warn for Starkrey, and i am surprised how you can say that was even a warn for the chat

The user was warned which meant everyone who was active at the time saw it and that warning counted for them as well. It would be not only counterproductive but also insane to expect us to warn everyone individually. You saw the warning AND yet used vulgar language as well. There isn't really an excuse for that.

Okay so i said #@?%$ one time, and was not even to flame anyone and i get muted for that? Where is the warn?, can't the moderator pm me and ask my to don't say such stuff?He could talk with me, he have the right to do it

The warning is right there, I posted a screenshot of it. The rules are also very clear about it. There was a warning, Starkrey didn't get muted because he stopped after the warning.

It's quite simple, Moderators or any moderation staff warn users/the chat first before they mute. A mute is just that a mute. Mutes are not saved on your punishment record and they have barely any impact on future sanctions. The main things are quiet-bans, a mute just stops you from chatting for 60 seconds while quiet-bans will stop you from interacting for days.

If you want to take it that way, mutes are just warnings before a quiet-ban is actually issued.

I am one of the admins of the biggest non official pro discord "The Amigos" and i know how hard is that work, take care of whole chat, need to make own decisions if the player deserve the ban/mute or not, i am just talking about this because i don't want this happen with other players too.

It's common procedure and the mute was correct, there is simply a different in what players see in a mute and what staffs sse in a mute.

• Your appeal will be replied to as soon as the case handling staff member is available. We are all just volunteers with real life responsibilities, other interests and limited free time. Spamming your appeal will not yield a faster reply. Bumps every 24 hours will not(!) increase your chances for a faster reply.

• Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your question on the forum due to it being of use for others. Please use the proper forum as well. Unsolicited messages will be deleted. Thanks.

If I warn Theminho on the chat for spamming and you will spam 10 seconds later, I m not gonna warn you even if the warnings had Theminho's name, I will mute you. You guys think 60 seconds mute is the most important thing in the world and you would be surprised to know that 60 seconds mute is counted as warning.

About unbanning wave, a lot of people banned due to Toxicity and Chat infractions were unbanned lately, people that were harshly banned in the past, we changed the Policy to be strict but not ruthless with toxic users, as well.

Although, if you request us to unban mass botters, mass RMTers, bug abusers, scammers and every type of user who tried to take unfair advantage against the rest of fair playing player base, we are not doing it. I have banned my own friends for doing such things and I will continue doing it.

While the Punishment Policy regarding Chat infractions is laxer than before, the Punishment Policy about any kind of "cheat" is harsher. Unban chances in these cases depend on many things, we give chance to people they deserve it, but it's not our fault if they don't make use of this chance.

• Like 4

tTDfGff.png?1

"Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno"

"One for all, all for one"

PRO Rules | Punishment Policy

| How to report

Do not contact staff members for private support. Use the proper Subforum so others can share their knowledge and help.

And something else, people ask why we can't give proof regarding bans.

• Do you think we will show users how we catch bots? So just show them how to bypass our ways?(Same for many other infractions)
  • Do you think we should give informations that would leak the usernames who reported the infraction?
  • In cases we can describe what happened, we do. We post trade logs f.e. or describe chat infractions.

• Like 2

tTDfGff.png?1

"Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno"

"One for all, all for one"

PRO Rules | Punishment Policy

| How to report

Do not contact staff members for private support. Use the proper Subforum so others can share their knowledge and help.

I think it might help you guys out to have two forums for reports,

into the 1st goes everyones report threads(exactly how it currently does) except instead of it being newest at the top, the oldest stays at the top and the newest join the bottom.

Into the 2nd goes every thread that a mod has replied to. This one is ordered newest to oldest.

Threads leave the 1st forum and enter 2nd either once mod replies, or once it's resolved.

Through this method reports can't get lost untill a mod has replied to them.

Reason for suggesting, in a recent report I was told to bump my thread daily by a mod, or it gets swamped. Dunno how possible/not possible but makes sense in my head

A-Z Pokémon Shop Gold - Open     Shiny Shop Gold

Discord: Allsmell#8974      

I think it might help you guys out to have two forums for reports,

into the 1st goes everyones report threads(exactly how it currently does) except instead of it being newest at the top, the oldest stays at the top and the newest join the bottom.

Into the 2nd goes every thread that a mod has replied to. This one is ordered newest to oldest.

Through this method reports can't get lost untill a mod has replied to them.

Reason for suggesting, in a recent report I was told to bump my thread daily by a mod, or it gets swamped. Dunno how possible/not possible but makes sense in my head

I will quote Logan here:

I want to personally take the responsibility for every report and appeal not replied in time. We are aware for this and we are in process of training a lot of new Moderation Staff Members in many roles. If you have your report or appeal overlooked for a long time, you can personally DM me here on Discord. Also, users that faced such situation have every single right to complain, but i humbly request you to have patience until we are able to meet our short term goals to have more trained Staff Members in the related Moderation Roles. Apologies from the Moderation Team.

Regards,

Logan

The Game Master Team and the Trade Moderator Team have currently struggles with activity due to real life responsibilities. Game Masters can't just be recruited out of the blue, they consist out of the most trusted and veteran staff members. Not everyone qualifies for that position. Trade Moderators (all of them are busy IRL, education related (graduations, exams etc).

This is the reason why Trade reports are stacking up quite a bit (we receive hundreds of reports regarding trades), the Moderator team doesn't have this issue as we rarely receive PvP related reports and a normal size of chat reports.

I personally check every appeal and every report for every staff member every 2-3 weeks in order for them being replied to in case they were missed. This process sometimes takes hours but makes the job of our staff easier.

Old ones:

Current one is stickied for all moderation staff to see:

• Like 2