Staff rewards in PvP Ranked

Togepoke

Do you agree with my suggestion?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with my suggestion?

• Yes
    • No

No, there are already so many restrictions for staff rewards, staff rewards consistently get nerfed because certain reasons I won't disclose. They are much worse from when I started as staff, more restrictive. It's astonishing how disrespectful people are in these threads, disregarding the amount of time people consistently and without question put into this game.

People like Shinohara, Epiales and many others who don't even claim their rewards or give theirs away but still do/did a lot on an average day.

Majority of the player-base are acting is if we can sell them, make money of them or anything like that or is if they were broken in PvP & staff are all Top25 players.

I looked loosely through the Top25 from both servers from the last 6 months, 2 user names stuck out. Smooge and Belzebel both who have a staff reward. Smooge got his like 2 weeks ago and Belzebel was on Top25 a lot of times before that and not sure if she even uses her staff reward.

Astro was also once on ladder, Top25 placement.

People asked about tournament rewards even though that is nonsense, they are tradeable/were tradeable and can be obtained every month. What do you have to-do for that? Actually just play the game and be good at it, it's something you enjoy already. What do staffs have to do? They have to for starters succeed in the apprenticeship which alone takes 1-2 months for some even longer, then still be active and actively do your duties as staff member for 6 straight months. Staff rewards especially the staff Pokemon are even then still subject to activity, you can't just play with your thumbs for 6 months and expect a staff Pokemon.

Those staff Pokemon then are very restrictive in what we can do with them, for starters they are locked, we can only use 2 of them in ranked PvP and shown above barely anyone even does that.

Closing, Staff Pokemon will never change and not go away no matter how often the community complains about them. As a matter of fact without staff, you wouldn't have any new cosmetics, no new quest, no new maps, no new Pokemon sprites, no events. If you got scammd? Tough luck because Trade Mods are the ones helping you, some racist guy spams the n-word on end? Tough luck, Moderators are the ones dealing with that. Game economy? Bug Abusers/Botters? Tough luck, Game Masters deal with that. Stuck with a quest, butchered bugs that make your play-through impossible? Scripters and CCs help you with that.

There wouldn't be a game without staff, plain and simple and them getting rewarded for the time they put in for a long time seems only reasonable on top of the fact that most of the statements made here are over overexaggerated. Shinohara will most likely post here as well but I'll lock this post as it serves no purpose other than to complain about something that won't be changed.

• Like 9
  • Your appeal will be replied to as soon as the case handling staff member is available. We are all just volunteers with real life responsibilities, other interests and limited free time. Spamming your appeal will not yield a faster reply. Bumps every 24 hours will not(!) increase your chances for a faster reply.

• Do not contact staff members for private support. Share your question on the forum due to it being of use for others. Please use the proper forum as well. Unsolicited messages will be deleted. Thanks.

• Administrator

Hi there !

I am Shinohara, one of the Admin of PRO and here to represent the entire staff and Admin Team regarding this topic.

I would like to start clarifying that this topic has been discussed different times within the PRO Staff Team, and it was decided to keep it like it is without banning them from PVP for the folowing reasons.

It is good to clarify in the first place that the amount of time needed to obtain a pokemon-staff reward is 6 months of good activity. I specified good activity for the simple reason that to receive these rewards not only you have to be a part of the staff, but your activity must meet specific requirements of activity/behaviour and not only.

Unfortunately, it is really really hard to give a real idea of how much time a staff member work, since most of the time this is not really visible to everyone in the community. There are people that used to play on their players 4-5 hours per day, and after they joined staff they barely have time to play 1 hour (if lucky) per day or less, to give an idea.

I will make the example of myself, that obtained around 650 hours of activity on my player (Keita) around Summer 2018 in 2-3 months and that now, after 17 months of staff activity have 680 hours of playtime, to give an example. I am making this example cause it's the easier for me, but the same goes for many many many other staff member that can confirm you that.

You would say: "Ok, but doing that is your choice, isn't it?"

Yes, taking this path is indeed our choice, but it is good to point out that if we, and the people that were here before us, would have not taken this path, then the game would still be in a really really raw state for what regard content (no regions, no quests, no legendaries, no cosmetics/mounts, etc) and at the same time the community would be pretty much destroyed by toxicity (which harm the game community) not being punished, economy being destroyed by botters and rmt, scamming cases not handled, etc.

We don't get paid for our staff duties, but there are people that literally dedicate 6+ hours per day (some people also dedicate 10+ per day) into them just in order to improve the game and in general make sure the community is enjoying it.

-[/hr]

Also looking into the last year ladders, I can see that as well that there are some players having Pokemon being 3x31 (or 2x31, 1x30) and the rest 25+. They are regular players but their pokemon are really similar to the staff one. I also think that some pokemon benefit from more stats than others or that does not benefit from some of them at all.

For example if a Chansey has 31 ATK or 2ATK, it changes absolutely nothing. The same goes for Breloom and SP ATK. Same goes for some legendary such as heatran that does not benefit from ATK at all. So I think it's better to focus on the MAIN STAT of a pokemon.

With a quick search (literally few seconds) I can see that there are like 15+ Chansey (non staff or former staff) that have 30+ IV in HP/DEF/SPDEF. This mean that there are 10+ Chansey that have like 30 def, 30 hp, 30 spdef or higher (Correct nature/ability and usable in pvp). I am sure there are way more that with a deep research would come out (I am not a DEV so cannot run query).

Should we ban them? No, we shouldn't.

Same goes for legendaries, they are obviously more rare than normal Pokemon but I can assure that there are people having them with really realy high main stats (3x30 or similar).

As someone pointed out before, the difference from a 3x30 or 3x31 is really minimal, same goes for a 3x28 and a 31x31. Like, mathematically speaking there is clearly a difference, but it's so small that it is really really hard to be perceived, and I can assure you that there are way more things that have an higher impact and that makes that difference even less important.

Also, we are moving ourselves to add as PVP tournament prizes the possibility to reroll the stats of a legendary while locking a single stat. For example, you have a 31 DEF suicune, you lock that 31 DEF and reroll all the other stats.

This is pretty much for pvp tournament only, since making it public would destroy the whole economy regarding reroll ticket and would be broken.

-[/hr]

I think most stuff is said. The only thing that sucks is that staff member could use their Staff mons right after they are released (in case of a legendary), which I can understand when ppl say thats unfair.

Absolutely true! As the person in charge of handling rewards, this has never been a problem just for pure coincidence. However, I was able to recognize how much this was dangerous the same day that the pokemon was made obtainable and the relevant staff requested it, therefore almost immediately.

Said staff member was able to use it only for few matches and after we were able to recognize how much that was a problem it was immediately blocked as that was clearly unfair toward our community.

I have now developed a new policy where you cannot request the released pokemon in the first 15 days of its release, making it in this way more fair toward our community.

Also, the amount of time (currently 15 days) is still to be properly discussed and can potentially be change in something higher (20-30 days), and this is something we are discussing.

-[/hr]

I hope I was able to clarify this topic. I well know that this might be disappointing for you, but unfortunately giving the idea of how much staff work is really hard if you are not inside the staff yourself.

I also invite you to read the posts made by the other staff and former staff in this thread as they also said really valid things.

With this said, I will now lock the thread and wish you a wonderful day !

Edited by Shinohara
  • Like 6

image.gif

Please do not contact staff members for private support

Share your questions on the forums as they could be useful to others