Adding a new Subforum to the Trade Forums.

Hawluchaa

Should this Sub forum be added.  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Should this Sub forum be added.

• Yes
    • No
    • No opinion

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This aspect is being worked on, but you are free to give your opinion on it with the valid reasons why.

I think that this decision should be left to the discretion of the seller. They would need to indicate whether they are willing to transfer from one server to another or not. I have already seen some cross-server auctions that specify that the buyer is responsible for picking up the Pokémon. I think it is fair; I do not see it as a punishment. If the buyer really wants a Pokémon, they should be willing to transfer to the appropriate server to proceed with the trade, regardless of how high or low their offer is. No one is forcing them to bid. This also ensures that the seller gets the most out of a cross-server auction without getting punished in the process, by making their Pokémon available to people from both servers (as opposed to only one), thus theoretically increasing their chances of obtaining a higher final bid.

However, if the seller volunteers to transfer to another server, they are welcome to do so, as long as they mention that information at the start of their auction. It should be clearly stated in the initial post whether the buyer or the seller (not either or both) is responsible for picking up the Pokémon. This is mostly to avoid too many exceptions to the rule, as well as any potential confusion.

I read some concerns about Gold server's economy being negatively impacted by cross-server trades. Those trades will continue to happen as long as they are allowed. If anything, the server transfer fee discourages cross-server trading. The trade rules should have the seller's best interests at heart, which is why I believe that they should be allowed to choose who is responsible for picking up the Pokémon. Ultimately, sellers who are interested in cross-server trades want to maximize their potential gain by trying to find a higher bidder in another server, so they should not be punished by being forced to transfer to another server if they do not wish to. If the buyer wants something from another server, they should be prepared to pay the extra cost, because we do not have a cost-free, cross-server trade system (yet). The free server transfer does not count as cost-free because you have to remain in the other server for a whole month unless you are willing to pay to transfer back again.

Indoor-Fishh.png

Since the decision to sell by crossing server is made by the seller, they should be in favour of transfering to the other server. Buyers outweigh the seller in numbers obviously, and not every buyer is willing to transfer servers.

Isn't that already like this? but yeah ofc if staff is thinking about this thing, then seller should be the one who should switch, if buyer wants to switch to other server on his own then thats a different case :Shrug:

Let's plant at least 1 tree every month 

❤️🌳

Legacy Recruitment Page

I support the idea, but there needs to be a clear condition for how to qualify to sell in the Cross Server forum.

This is my recent viewpoint about this issue:

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/topic/157679-url

I understood what u meant, I have noticed this a lot lately too.

These sellers just want more exposure by posting the threads in both servers, but refuse to offer free shipping if the buyer is from another server, and request the buyers to come to them. Calling it "Cross Server" is too big of a stretch, if not considered false advertising.

it's like a shop hanging the big post "Cross-countries selling", but those foreigners must come here to buy.

Imo, in order to call ur sales "Cross Server", u either have to offer free shipping, or at least subsidize the cost to be less than 2 CC (the cost for a buyer if they transfer by themself back & forth).

I'd support Trade Moderators to pick up on this and regulate all these titles with the misleading "Cross Server".

If there's no condition, and even the seller who requests buyers to come pick up the mon themselves can post in the Cross-Server sub-section, then there's almost no reason for anyone to sell exclusively in the server they play, hence eliminate the use of the individual Gold/Silver sub-section. When every posts get clustered in a sub-forum , then the moderators's job is gonna be tough again (a guy only needs to forget putting his terms of responsibility for cross-server trade in the post, to create a potential issue). This goes against the very reason why a Cross-Server sub-section should be added.

To stress my point again:

Imo, in order to call ur sales "Cross Server", u either have to offer free shipping, or at least subsidize the cost to be less than 2 CC (the cost for a buyer if they transfer by themself back & forth).

[/Quote]

If you want a clear-cut, no non-sense rule (reduce confusion & workload for moderators the most), then clearly demands the seller to offer free-shipping to post in the Cross-Server section. They have much more exposure by posting there, so this is only fair.

If you want to offer more flexibility to sellers, then allow them to subsidize the shipping cost to be less than 2 CC. (Shipping cost >= 2 CC won't be eligible to post in the Cross-Server section for obvious reason).

• Like 2

Sounds like a good idea.

Questions,

If a post is made in the new cross server forum, will the seller always be responsible for moving it?(they should be)

Why no shop section?

Will this spell the end of the server forums? From an activity point of view, not a do they exist.

Now the process is automatic should swapping be more free? in order to facilitate the new forum better?

A-Z Pokémon Shop Gold - Open     Shiny Shop Gold

Discord: Allsmell#8974      

Sounds like a good idea.

Questions,

If a post is made in the new cross server forum, will the seller always be responsible for moving it?(they should be)

Why no shop section?

Will this spell the end of the server forums? From an activity point of view, not a do they exist.

Now the process is automatic should swapping be more free? in order to facilitate the new forum better?

The rules on who has to move are still being discussed to make it as fair as possible,

A shop section was not on our mind at first but will be a point to discuss, we didnt add it to the list as of now since it is mostly auctions that are cross server. Players will always have a main server and will have the shop they create in that subforum,

Not ever sale is cross server so the server forums will still have the same purpose.

No, the server transfers will not be adjusted in price or any way for this, the new forum is there purely to make it more visable for sellers/buyers.

Some points will be discussed during and after the poll when we have all the feedback etc.

Hope this clears your questions up a bit

• Like 3

20210407_201806.gif

This new sub-forum is not just about making it convenient for the players but for the staff responsible for handling the trades themselves. If you look at the current forum trade section you will find many posts that include a cross-server trade option in their titles as well as the sale itself, so it makes sense to add a new sub-forum dedicated to that while keeping things more organized simultaneously.

I want to thank the Trade Staff for atleast putting this to a poll for the players to give their vote because truth be told, it wasn't really necessary but they did it anyway to include the community, so thankyou guys.

Keep up the stellar work,

ThatKid

• Like 3

Comp_198.gif.532c46afb9db94308acb5271d387c736.gif