Is PRO p2w?

Omgupta2

Hello guys Gupta here 

So there have been times I come accross players who ask if PRO is p2w?  I am starting this thread looking for what you guys think if it is p2w or not. I will also be posting my opinions later today! 

Please keep in mind when I say p2w I mean by Donation and nothing else. 

Depends on how, generally Pay To Win means that in some way, you beat the game by paying

For an MMO, there is not quite any means to "win" other than just, getting all the pokemon, becoming a PvP master, or other things. 
Now, when it comes to money, yes, i would say it can be considered pay to win, as it costs 5$ for 1 CC, and that cc can be sold anywhere between about 350k, and 450k pokedollars. With that money, you can buy a lot of things, such as pokemon, to complete one of those goals.

The second one, which is PvP, is not something that can be bought. You cannot buy PvP skill. One reward of PvP is the amount of money, and items you get, and other various rewards, so naturally, you can get to the same status level of a donator, as just a pvp player.

As a result, i would say pro is not p2w, because it is possible to do everything, and reach the same goals, without donating. Now this does mean that you cannot just say "i'm bad at pvp, so i should donate" as that is not what i'm saying, there are many other means to also get this wealth, such as hunting some pokemon, and selling them, which would also at the same time, contribute to getting all the pokemon.

• Like 1

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

Pokemon revolution online, in my honest opinion is not pay-to-win at all.

You can definitely donate and get ccs , which are definitely not to be taken lightly but they dont really help you win "anything" the only thing, you can really win by donating and selling lots of ccs is just gonna help you hit high ononey ladder. But money ladder doesn't have any merits what so ever. You don't get anything for being there , and if you ask me many players don't even bother to check the money ladder . 

Don't really think it's p2w cause you are not winning anything

PRO is easily doable without paying for anything. While donations is nice, it only helps one do "better" on PRO, rather then "winning".

And if you do want to pay for something, all you have to do is grind for a good poke that's either fit for PvP or PvE and sell it.

There is also other means of earning money, such as EV training, dex service, story poke, etc.

A coin capsule is selling for around 400k-440k right now, which yields 100 coins, which in terms could be used to buy a 15 day MS.

The only "P2W feature" for PRO is if you want to get better spawns, do more bosses, reach Sevii Islands or increase the H.A chances 20% for 72 hours.

But again, this is not a "Pay 2 Win" feature, but rather features that could help you do better in the game.

While 100% money gain and 50% bonus EXP gained from a 15 day MS is handy when doing the story, its not necessarily needed.

The only time you really need to grind is when you want to reach the final region, being Sinnoh.

Compared to the others, this is more challanging. (Besides fighting Youngster Joey to reach Hoenn)

Edited by Electrocute4u
  • Like 1

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

I must say its not P2W as by doing consistent effort will make u rich like digs, solaceon daily quest and hunting pokes to sell it. Its totally depends of what win meant to you, if its either to finish all region story or end game goals like collecting rare shiny etc which obviously needs lots of money to achieve it.

Edited: Comparing to other games that is actually p2w, Pro is far unlikely to be same

Edited by B0t

Untitled_05-31-2022_12-01-07_2.png.b0206a71b8f00a4946f0e5bd1b5adf38.png

As one of the few people that ever had access to Content Decision and had a say in it, every decision that was ever made about introducing new coin shop items aside from cosmetics go thought a lengthy discussion to have it polished, fair usage and long term effects to make them as fair as possible for those that buy it themselves or via trade. So the chances of p2w is astronomically unlikely.

The earliest assumption of p2w were the MS only areas and MS only spawns, which was debunked due to those mons being available on different regions, that they were hidden under MS solely bc we didnt have enough map/spawn space to put them in, that is no longer the case and does not give any player any advantage over beating the region, since most commonly used mons are gengar and gyarados to clear almost every region. Or locking you out of storyline completion for not being able to access MS only areas.

Examplary "p2w" scenarios would be having an MS-area where all spawns are legendary and, perfect IV, nature, ability mons that are highly requested in the meta and are untradable. 

So i'd HIGHLY advice players that think PRO is p2w to do some research, or play games that are actually pay2win to be able to tell the difference. 
Sincerely, Deathwing.

spacer.png

...And all will burn, beneath the shadow of my wings.

No, it's not Pay to win at all. It's probably one of the easiest to learn and improve MMOs I've found and one of the most accessible to non "premium" or p2w users. You don't magically get your story done by paying a few bucks nor do you get access to much exclusive content by paying.

Most of the side areas you can reach through donating to obtain a membership only contain side missions and optional content. Additionally, you can obtain Mini-MS through some bosses, so you can still access these areas without donating a penny anyway.

While it is obviously true that donating grants you advantages (higher HA chance through Black Medallion, higher EXP gain, Pokedollar gain), you can still trade the premium items from other players, which makes them not exclusive to them.

One of the main points would be that very rare pokemon are locked behind MS barriers, but you can just buy them off from trade chat. Farming pokedollars is extremely easy and you can use up to 4 accounts to do multiple money grinds. Leveling up slowly isn't the last pain in the world either, to be honest.

There's so many ways of improving, hunting pokemon easily, trading premium items and overall just learning and going through all content while obtaining anything you need that to me it's impossible to consider it Pay2win. It's not even Pay2fast, which would mean that paying makes everything incredibly fast, the improved pace that Membership grants you is incredibly balanced in my opinion.

:v

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

You have no adventage in access to specific item, Pokemon or regions when you pay, as it is not to hard to farm a MS by yourself.

There are people who have 200m + and a [heck] ton of shinies, they can buy all epic PvP mons - sure. But I dont mind them pumping so much money in the game, no matter for what they spent it.

Of course I'm talking to myself, sometimes I have to talk with an intelligent person.

rsz_62121-spirited-away-spirited-away-wallpaper.jpg.22bf8ec0e46dcc230985953ff28f41ce.jpg

Picture

TP4L

The consensus is that this game probably doesn't fall in the P2W category, but it is indeed a Pay2Fast. Getting money advantage is decisive in your PvP or PvE adventure. Ofc 2 players that have 1000hours game-time will have the same potential at PVP, but this is not true for 100hours players.

I personally am fine with this P2F concept, having played some gachas (such as Summoners War) that have thriving PVP scenes. To each their own.