Guild option to toggle pvping against guild members.

Teerav

It would be nice to have the option for guild leaders to toggle an option that prevents guild members from finding other guild members in ranked pvp.

It is common practice for many pvp-focused guilds to self-enforce a "queue/game (q/g)" system. For those unfamiliar with the system, it is quite simple. You type "q" in guild chat while you queuing for a ranked pvp match. This tells other members in your guild not to queue so you guys don't have to face each other. You then type "g" in guild chat to tell other members you've found a game and they are free to queue themselves.

Why should PRO implement a guild functionality like this?

Spoiler

1. Nearly every pvp-focused guild already self-enforces this system within their guild.

2. Its practice has been a potential excuse to hide win-trading or boosting. This is evident in the fact that PRO's official boosting definition includes it and warrants a recent PSA. Being able to track if this functionality was active or inactive may be a helpful tool for PRO moderation.

Why do guilds even self-enforce this system anyway?

Spoiler

1. Helps avoid conflicts.
PvP is competitive. PvP in Pokemon is also highly RNG based. The combination can easily stress people out and cause uncomfortable situations for those not mature enough to control their temper. The easiest way to prevent these conflicts is simply to prevent people from playing each other. A guild can simply kick people who are not mature enough to handle a loss against a guild member, but that is not an effective method to stay at the top of the guild ladder. You must sacrifice quality of members in order to be at the top and the q/g system helps alleviate some of the needs to moderate less mature members.

I am passively dissing people, but there is a lot of merit to being upset about having to play against a guild member. Imagine it is a few hours before the season ends and you are 420 rating, perhaps just on the edge of top 25 in individual ladder. This is a very tense time for you because there isnt much time in the season to recover rating if you lose. You end up having to play against a guild member who is under 100 rating. Your guild member has absolutely no chance of making top 25 ladder, so they are only playing "spoiler" if they beat you. If they win, you will not be very happy with them. And imagine they win because you got paralyzed three turns in a row. Oof, I bet some of you reading are already tilted at your imaginary guild member. 

2. Min-max rating per game.

In a perfect world, your guild members win every game they play. Therefore, every game is an opportunity to increase your guild's rating. If two guild members play each other, there is at best a chance only for a small net-gain and even a chance for a net-loss in rating. You can argue that not having the q/g system means that losing to non-members is a big loss, but most guilds operate under the philosophy that they never lose. :harold:.

3. Allow for more open and honest pvp-discussions and team building.

Many players are competitive on the individual ladders as well, and a selfish mind would never help the competition. Its human nature to put yourself first. However, if you can remove that "my guild member is my competition" mindset when you ensure they do not have to compete against a guild member in ranked pvp. This enables members to speak more openly about their team compositions and strategies, allowing other members to learn and improve at pvp.

A strong argument against the q/g system is playing friends can allow the opportunity for fun banter and opportunities to discuss mistakes and praise each other for good plays. However, this is a fantasy. Pvp is a competitive activity and it will cause people to lose control of their temper and create uncomfortable situations for everyone involved. There is no down-side to implementing this option for guilds. It would benefit all guilds who already self-enforce this system if PRO implemented a system that guild leaders can toggle to prevent members from playing each other in ranked pvp.

Edited by teerav
  • Like 21
E6W75Tu.png

Something is massively needed for the matchmaking of this game and this is the simplest suggestion in theory that matches with the games current culture. Simply put, the games matchmaking is all but dead at times of the day and having to go one at a time in a guild is most certainly not helping anyone. After Felix made that PSA about guilds being allowed to PvP each other, I honestly might have to consider allowing it in our guild because it becomes so difficult to find quality matches or any at all even in the worst cases.

We need this badly Wally, and if this is too hard to implement we need something for the Q because it has become insufferable.

On top of Teerav's excellent point, I really think this game needs an ELO system. It might be impossible with so few people playing PvP compared to a game like League of Legends, but the fact that spamming 100s of games just because the quality of players is overall bad as a way to find success on the ladder makes any veteran of the game not even respect all the names that make the top 25 cut. It might be bias considering I barely play more than 50 games if that in a season, but I just do not get how something like that is rewarded when someone is clearly a worse player. 

Unfortunately, due to the nature of this game, it would make people easier to boost through screen-sharing and there are other complicated consequences just due to the low number of people who play so this idea is kind of dead on arrival but there needs to be some brainstorming about improving the quality of top 25 players because it is currently a joke that and 60 percent win rate player is in the same list as 80 percent players.

• Like 2

LucarioSignature.gif.350c1b5461dad032ce9444ecf1edfdf8.gif

Check out my YOUTUBE if you like fun shenanigans:

https://www.youtube.com/c/McSchitter

+1
the biggest reason why the Q/G system is being used by guilds is avoiding problems within the guild due to the competitive nature of pvp. and it would be an great option to add into the game.
the most annoying thing for me would be waiting for 3-4 guild members to find their matches and being stuck in "waiting queue" within the guild to prevent facing each other to prevent problems.

if more guilds would use this option it could as well improve the duration of players being in ranked queue as well, more players can join the queue and thus improving queue duration/quality .
also it could help with the problem ive seen many have players have with facing the same opponent many times in a row if more players are in queue.

it wont stop the queue from being dead at times if there are not many players looking to pvp but at "peak hours" it will help alot.

imo regardless of it being hard to code or not its something the Pro should of had a long time ago, guilds shouldn't use self thought system to prevent troubles within the guild

• Like 1

+1

Although it is on theory only, I think this would and should decrease the time spent on finding an opponent for people in guilds that use g/q system, which I believe most of the competitive guilds ingame. I would suggest a system that prevents two guildmates fighting each other for the reasons stated in the posts above. But toggle option might be an acceptable system compared to current one.

Completely preventing guildmates battling each other might hurt some "carefree" guilds in terms of queue time but in theory should decrease the potential boosting/win trading, toggle option still allows it. Still overall both options have many benefits.

I don't wanna dissipate the attention on this matter but reading papabeer's post, a system that prevents us from facing the same opponent multiple times in a row is really needed as well, but its another day's subject.

Edited by Ayvazar
  • Like 3

[JUSTIFY]Check out my Youtube Channel, I post non-meta(mostly) PVP videos and some tutorials in Pokemon Revolution Online. Most of my PVP videos also include Turkish commentary.

Some of my tutorial videos and playlists are in the links below:

2 Ways of Fast Levelling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSsXxuVefZw

Bosses with Baton Pass: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzCIjvqnnfk

Boss Locations for Each Regionhttps://youtu.be/smaPyWsp_fA?list=PLkRxSYTe-u5A1XcAzilVFwbejSpd99BMg

Monotype PVP Battleshttps://youtu.be/ARyMvz9QMYI?list=PLkRxSYTe-u5ChEHtOqGpLWlbqqPRBLBsX

If you need me, you can reach me on Discord: Maynaq#0866 or IGN: Ayvazar & Ayvasar[/JUSTIFY]