OU/UU and AG Random/LC Random rotations?

Eaty

OU/UU and AG Random/LC Random rotations?  

188 members have voted

1. 1. Should we rotate OU to UU and AG Random to LC Random for one month every three or four months?

• Definitely every three months
    • Definitely every four months
    • I am not a fan cause I don't want to buy/hunt UU Pokemon
    • Definitely not, both sound horrible

• Developer

Hello, as previously suggested or even demanded I am thinking about rotating OU to UU.

At the same time, many asked for Little Cup battles before but most are against hunting Pokemon you can only use for LC and nothing else.

That's why I thought about rotating AG random battles to LC random battles when OU changes to UU.

I thought we'd play two or three normal seasons and then one UU and LC random season.

Please tell me your opinions about that. Do not post +1 or similar meaningless posts. Use the poll vote and reactions to express your encouragement.

• Like 4

I think 3-4 months is a good balance for Ranked OU as it would give enough players time to amass a quantity of pokemon from that category, and to practice using them too. However i don't like switching between LC and AG for randoms, i think a separate queue for it could be nice, which may or may not happen, however completely swapping i don't like, as LC i find is very repetitive in terms of pokemon and strategies, and i just dislike it personally.

• Checked/Done 1

582664592_SignaturePRO.gif.70cdafd9bdecee8b3cbad20ae1fcc93a.gif

"I thought we'd play two or three normal seasons and then one UU and LC random season"

I like this idea most of all. Personally I voted for "Definitely every three months" only because it was the closest thing, I think it may be the case for other people as well.

Personally I'd be a fan of 2-3 months OU/1 Month UU. I love the idea of UU, but I think OU and ag randoms will always be the star of the show.

30 minutes ago, Eaty said:

Hello, as previously suggested or even demanded I am thinking about rotating OU to UU.

At the same time, many asked for Little Cup battles before but most are against hunting Pokemon you can only use for LC and nothing else.

That's why I thought about rotating AG random battles to LC random battles when OU changes to UU.

I thought we'd play two or three normal seasons and then one UU and LC random season.

Please tell me your opinions about that. Do not post +1 or similar meaningless posts. Use the poll vote and reactions to express your encouragement.

The vast majority of poke PVP ability can not reach the level of OU, but a lot of individuals very good poke has been ignored, this is for PVP, is a serious defect, PVP classification should be established game should start to establish, Pokemon is strict OU,NU classification system, so more players like to play Pokemon, Not pro. For example, I catch a good poke, but because PVP is not tiered, it can't be used better or traded, which is a shame for a good poke

• Like 2

Definitely A must to do 3 month UU and OU back forth,sure OU is star of the show but literally the game itself keep boring with same team,same Pokémon,same Moveset and even Same item,it's not wrong ofc but it's kinda repeatative regularly and even there is someone who is copycat everything (team) from ladder player which make OU got their flaws, n at some point it got really boring to meet this matchup... Well it's my opinion tho,

And plus there are so many coded UU Moveset but there is hardly any player using it ,so if UU ever a thing ,this Moveset also can be apply to UU team most likely.....   

• Like 2

rps20220302_030240.jpg.e7d9bbadf817d61cb813fb68f47830fe.jpg

its better to have uu tier seperated from ou. switching random battles is fine, but ou and uu totally different.

also pro different from showdown, like we have mega metagros in ou here, also slowbro is ru tier, so its playable in uu, but for pro we all know slowbro is ou. so my opinion is having different battle tiers makes us need categorizing all the pokemons by tiers. need hardworking, and very hard to make stable balance between them. 

so if categorizing will happen, i think its better to categorize pokes special for pokemon 'revolution'. because poke world still use the old tier system. they categorized first tiers like with the most used pokemons, overused. but in pro we can see many uu or nu pokes in monthly most used pokemons list in pro. 

pro can have, for example a class is the pvp we play now, and there can be b class pokes, which has less damage or bulkines or way to attack or defend etc. 

• Like 1

I would be in favor of an UU queue replacing OU every 3 months.

However, we must address and resolve several practical issues before we can effectively implement UU.

• Usage and preemptive action: We already know that we will prevent Pokémon with more than 4.52% usage from being allowed in UU. However, we now must decide the months to take into account. If the rotation occurs every 3 months, will we consider all three or will we instead only account for the last month? This is important because UU might begin as soon as OU ends, thus leaving the PvP Council with virtually no time to decide whether to quickban something or not. For example, if an otherwise overpowered Pokémon with over 4.52% usage previously is suddenly UU by usage, we should be able to ban it. Alternatively, the PvP Council can preemptively work on a list of Pokémon that deserve a quick ban regardless of their current usage. We should be able to revisit said list in the future if necessary, as the metagame will continue to evolve and some Pokémon may become more or less bearable with time.

• Borderline Pokémon: Aside from the problem of Pokémon worthy of a preemptive ban, there also is the issue of more borderline, more contentious Pokémon. Those would typically warrant additional time and testing before the PvP Council could effectively reach a decision. In this case, as we would only have a single month on our hands, we might have to act differently. Should we then quickban those Pokémon or run the risk of letting them roam free? I find this to be a dilemma because both options come with drawbacks.

• Major tier shifts and usage changes: Likewise, if some Pokémon end up rising from UU to OU, some UU Pokémon may end up becoming much harder to deal with, perhaps even to the point of warranting a ban. I realize that some players dislike defensive Pokémon, but each balanced and healthy metagame has its fair share of those. Without them, some offensive Pokémon will become too strong. The same applies for a metagame where defensive Pokémon are too potent. If all the aforementioned issues seem like a lot to handle, we can ultimately decide to let UU turn into a chaotic, disorganized tier. I would like to keep it competitive, if possible. There are probably going to be UU tours, like the PRO Ladder Tour, so we should be careful with the way that we manage this tier. Should we just work on a list of UU Pokémon to ensure that the metagame can be somewhat healthy before its release? In this case, we would have to drop the 4.52% usage requirement. I do not have any definitive solutions to these problems, but I feel like they deserve further attention and discussion.

• Balancing issues: If UU is only available once every 3 or 4 months, it becomes nearly impossible to balance out the tier consistently. At best, the PvP Council can vote to quickban obvious culprits, but contentious ones will divide players, as well as the Council itself.

• Future changes: Moreover, the UU metagame will undergo major shifts and changes in the future, specifically with the introduction of Z-Moves and, later, more Gen 7 Pokémon that happen to be viable in the tier.

• Pokémon with a Mega Evolution: We will most likely need to know the usage percentages of the regular versions of Pokémon that have a Mega Evolution. It is hard to tell whether a Pokémon like Scizor would be OU by usage on its own or not. If there is an accurate way to distinguish between the usage stats of the regular Pokémon and those of their Mega Evolutions, this should not be a problem. Otherwise, Pokémon like Charizard will be unusable in UU. This can also be one of PRO’s many specificities. We do not have to follow Smogon or any other platform. We can establish our own UU rules if needed, as long as the Developers agree with doing so, of course!

• Two servers, two metagames? Another thing worth mentioning is that we have two servers with slightly different OU metagames. This may seem minor at first, but it will matter when it comes to UU, as we will effectively end up with two different UU metagames, unless we choose to opt for unique cross-server usage, which would not be consistent with the way we have been handling OU so far. With two OU metagames evolving simultaneously yet individually, Pokémon usage will be different no matter what. Consequently, the list of Pokémon allowed in UU will differ from one server to the other. This also means that the bans will be distinct as well, unless we choose a homogeneous tiering approach that allows us to ban the same Pokémon on both servers. Unfortunately, since the metagames would technically be different, it would be possible for a Pokémon deemed ban-worthy on one server to be tolerable on the other due to the presence of additional countermeasures unavailable on the server where said Pokémon would be too strong (e.g., OU by usage). Therefore, should we combine the OU usage stats of both servers or not? If so, should we do this over 1, 2 or 3 months? As you can tell, we should take into account many factors and variables to ensure the successful implementation of UU.

• The myth of UU diversity: I would also like to emphasize that, while UU will bring some diversity (in comparison to OU), it will not be a metagame where every single Pokémon is viable. Yes, of course, players can use whatever they want and, while this is already the case in OU, it will likely be less punishing in UU in most cases. UU will have its own viability rankings – if not concretely posted on the forums, then at least virtually. Some Pokémon will be much stronger than the rest and will dominate the usage charts. I am only putting extra emphasis on this because I know that some users expect UU to be a place where all non-OU Pokémon can finally thrive. That will not be the case, even if the metagame is relatively unbalanced at first. Some picks will always be more viable than most. This does not mean that you cannot use your favorite Pokémon; it just means that you will eventually start running into the same Pokémon, perhaps even the same teams and strategies. You can promote diversity on your own by trying out different things if you wish. However, please do not expect UU to be a disorganized tier, unless we willingly choose to let it be one.

Please feel free to reply to any part(s) of my post. I am interested in reading everyone’s thoughts and opinions. I am sure that we can come up with satisfactory solutions to the aforementioned issues, too.

Edited by Jorogumo
  • Like 7

Indoor-Fishh.png