ability to choose what you see on main page of forums

Kboww

it would be cool if we could filter out certain forum sections so they dont show up on the main page of the forums on the latest posts, image.png.f1166dbf186433a014e6feda64641af8.png every day all that shows up is people spamming in playground (not saying they shouldnt do that) but would be nice to just be able to see certain sections like suggestion or only gold/silver shiny trades for example. even the ability to ignore certain sections on the forum so they dont show up at all on the main page would be nice. this isnt much of a big suggestion but would be a quality of life change for sure 

Edited by Kboww
  • Like 5
Untitled-05-09-2022-12-43-05-2.png.79a929dd72157cb9683de4c02e781e4f.pnghxjr2a.png

+1, that would be a really good change.

I always use the "Unread Content" function to browse through the forum and I dont care a single bit about the "Playground" for example but I still see dozens of posts distributed among the things I do care about.

Would be a nice option if you could filter certain subforums out.

• Like 1

+1

And for the record, proclaiming it as "every day" is a bit overexaggerating, as I've been quite inactive as of lately and I do it in bulk to keep myself from appearing any more then I have to. But If you don't like to see it, I would advise you to use either the Unread page or ignore me through the ignore list, if you want to get the latest post updates and create a new stream to watch or simply ignore all my posting in the future. Imo I gotta have some freedom to appear wherever I want without people throwing more toxicity at me for breathing and being active, trying to keep a overwise dead forum and forum section alive.

Edited by Electrocute4u
  • Like 1

Contributor 

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different"

Forum post | Bulba - Discord Bot | Website

MyAnimeList Profile and Stats

Discord Status

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, Electrocute4u said:

+1

And for the record, proclaiming it as "every day" is a bit overexaggerating, as I've been quite inactive as of lately and I do it in bulk to keep myself from appearing any more then I have to.

But If you don't like to see it, I would advise you to use either the Unread page or ignore me through the ignore list, if you want to get the latest post updates or ignore all my posting in the future. I gotta have some freedom to appear wherever I want without people throwing more toxicity at me for being active and trying to keep a overwise dead forum alive.

nothing against you specifically its for everyone who does it, it just happened to be you on the main page as i wrote this lol

• Haha 1
Untitled-05-09-2022-12-43-05-2.png.79a929dd72157cb9683de4c02e781e4f.pnghxjr2a.png

Just now, Kboww said:

nothing against you specifically its for everyone who does it, it just happened to be you on the main page as i wrote this lol

Aha, typical bad luck and timing. Been inactive there as of lately and recently returned, guess it was all for nought. 😞 

• Like 1

Contributor 

Discord Status

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, Electrocute4u said:

But If you don't like to see it, I would advise you to use either the Unread page or ignore me through the ignore list

Unfortunately both options dont work. The Unread page shows every content you didnt read yet, including the Playground area for example and you cant be ignored as a user since you have the Contributor role. This is not meant to be against you personally in any way so please try to not take it that way. I would just like to browse through the forum more comfortably.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Norex said:

Unfortunately both options dont work. The Unread page shows every content you didnt read yet, including the Playground area for example and you cant be ignored as a user since you have the Contributor role. This is not meant to be against you personally in any way so please try to not take it that way. I would just like to browse through the forum more comfortably.

Pretty sure you can create a new stream, as that is what Invision Community platform supports for recent unread activity. Irrc I created a stream way back and its still saved whenever I go to that tab, only showing unread content for a certain subsection(s) that I had it set to show.

image.png.91dd8c023fe36a9cfeca9bd0b3353e37.png

Contributor 

Discord Status

spacer.png