Player interaction rating/ Player reputation system

Dextrax

@Olker, as i mentioned above, people might not spend so much effort to buy ratings while the cool down exists unless the reward is very valuable. If the reward at the end of the month is around a value of 40k, it makes no sense in buying so many ratings for even half its price, because he might have to spend around 20k minimum(my assumption) and find enough players to sell him all these ratings(which itself is a frustrating task). I do believe this will counter the money for rating issue.

@Isildurr2x, I was thinking maybe if people with very low rating in pvp may get a lower priority in matching pvps,

people with very low rating in trade may get longer cool down to send text in the trade chat, whereas very low rating in All or help chat must get a cool down to send messages in the respective chat just like we do in trade chat. This idea might also backfire if people do get to abuse the rating system, so currently my best opinion is to just show a reputation indication in every players trainer ID while having no consequences in his gameplay. People trying to get the lowest rating is also conserning in this case. But even with no rewards, if someone tries to get 0 stars, if they behave poorly intentionally in PVP,Trades or in chat they risk the possibility of getting reported or later banned or get ignored in the case of blabbering in the all chat. For a better understanding, this rating will be like the imdb movie ratings, it only tells the people how good the movie is in popular opinion, here this rating just shows how good of a reputation he/she has in the game in terms of PVP, Trade or in the Chat systems. It dont affect you in any way even if you get rated poorly by the entire server.

@Acetzy, Maybe try behaving nice to other players like you always do and help each other. 😄  

@Lyn1311, I have tried to consider a counter for all the ways it could go wrong but we cant say anything unless it is tested. 🙂 

Edited by Dextrax
  • Like 3

I really want to +1 the suggestion but this will be exploited to infinite levels on purpose by really toxic guilds and their friends group or anyone with influence on a community. It's sad because it's honestly a really good idea but can be exploited easily by an organised group inside of the game. Just ask your discord guildmates to rate someone at their lowest possible rating and you screw them up. Idk what I would suggest to improve the idea either.

• Like 3

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxydK7CUEwL47Ym7hIkMbSA <- Youtube channel with guides!

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/forum/13-game-guide/ <- Check my game guides (and other's guides) here!

iam not sure about this idea at first, but iam now xD +1

Spoiler

image.png.d4644d7570216f367ee49fce9b559223.png

image.png.d3d74394257946a303fdda3533baec83.png

-5 stars please

Edited by Lyn1311
  • Haha 3

___________________________________________________________________________________

image.jpeg.e982d2b7e278b3b1d88369a70572e0d1.jpeg

___________________________________________________________________________________

good idea but not really cool too.. 
I play some team based 80% on trick-room or 20% stall PP/ full trapper team.
99% of time player tell me im the most cancer guys of the world.
Because players doesn't like play vs that.

Pinkorabane's Reputation -150 😂

But the idea was cool , agree for a trade/safety security player/helps chat or interaction with community or all others things around that.
Desagree for reputation pvp system rating. Like @Bhimoso , many people can add a bad influence on that.

Edited by Pinkorabane
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Developer

Hello, at first glance, a rating system may seem like a good idea, but in the long run, it would only lead to mockery and ridicule.

Additionally, either players would have to rate each other or staff would have to rate players.

The first would definitely result in player groups/guilds harassing individual players and collectively giving them poor ratings.

And for the latter, we simply do not have the necessary manpower.

Furthermore, the star system would be highly susceptible to players targeting others.

Even an alternative system, where players can only give positive ratings and the number of positive ratings is visible to all, would be easily manipulable by our player base and not very indicative due to larger guilds or reputation trades.

I must unfortunately reject this suggestion.