Spawn feedback thread (August 2023+)

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but the discord hub section is empty and this falls kinda in between, being about spawns.

Map name: National Park (Johto)
Pokemon: Heracross
Reason: Mismatch information
Other:

I found a slight mismatch regarding Heracross spawning in National Park. According to the Wiki and Discord bot, Heracross is said to only spawn in National Park during day time. However, the in game pokedex shows both day and night spawns in National Park, and I can confirm they spawn there at night. 

Is this something that should be corrected in the wiki/discord, or something to be edited spawn wise?  

• 3 weeks later...
Feedback
Map name: Route 124 Underwater
Pokemon: Kabuto
Reason: The spawns are incredibly rare. Me and My friend was fishing the 
whole night cycle and not a single Kabuto spawned. 
So it was 2 players, constantly fishing with a Super Rod, 
and was unable to find the mon even once. (to the point where we think it is bugged)

Edited by Duyh91
formatting

Hello @Caennethi, @Crucifixuz, @Jtninja, @Duyh91

About Froakie and lacking spawn in general:

On 12/13/2023 at 1:33 PM, Caennethi said:

Hello,

currently Froakie is only available to hunt during Summer and Halloween Event.
image.png.bf28079984742069445dac17bab61b46.png

It feels quite unsatisfying to not be able to catch Froakie till Summer Event.

A Froakie spot outside of event maps would be helpful.

Greetings ~Caennethi

Something is already planned for this and not only for froakie but unfortunately I cant give you any eta for now 

About Carnivine:

On 1/7/2024 at 12:17 AM, Crucifixuz said:

I also wanna give bad feedback about the carnivine spawn change...  he is one of the rarest pokes in d&p and more exclusive than croagunk etc in the original games (only safari when u approach the telescope) and they are still exclusive tier 8 pokes!!! and carnivine is now uncommon even with multiple spawns??? how could that happend and not be reverted even after someone noticed ?

I already explaned everything in detail in my last post 

On 12/12/2023 at 6:27 AM, Closecombat said:

Hello @Finnderboss, @Phuongismylife

Carnivine and Pokemon Rarity adjustement:

The game is evolving and some things need to be corrected and changed.

The choice of Carnivine as a rare pokemon is rather "debatable",the pokemon was initially placed as a rare pokemon without any real reason behind it and the  only reason why  Carnivine was at one point one of the "rarest pokemon in the game" is the lack of spawn and accessibility to its spawns without any real reason.

So the fact that carnivine was one of the "rarest pokemon in the game" is only because of his accessibility and its lacking spawns without any real reason + the fact that the vast majority of pokemon players don't care about carnivine in general and won't farm it because the pokemon isn't popular at all and has practically no use / interest for it.

Hence the explanation as why the pokemon is one of the "rarest ingame pokemons" and the explanation of why the pokemon had nothing to do as rare pokemon and needed to be readjusted.

its not the case only of carnivine others are in the same case, some 5/6g pokemon also requires a tier readjustment and its a change necessary to ensure a certain logic in the spawns of the pokemon and their rarity.

All pokemon cannot and should not be rare especially without any reason behind that and this is why some change need to be made.

I agree that the ideal would have been that the pokemon was not a rare pokemon since the beginning to avoid this loss of rarity that the pokemon undergoes but unfortunately there is no good time to make this kind of change that are necessarty and must be done. (we already got in the past Starly and wingull as exemple as Rare pokemon wich are now common) 

comparing carnivine with zorua and beldum makes no sense at all. beldum and zorua are pokemon that are very usefull or appreciated and very popular by the pokemon fan base or was also rare in the Original Game, thats  absolutely the opposite for carnivine, which is largely ignored by the general public. 

"take away the exclusiveness of certain pokes".

There is a huge difference between a pokemon volontary exclusive and involontary exclusive,

some pokemon were for a long time involontary exclusive on pro like carnivine only due to a involontary lack of spawn which naturally fixes with time and the addition of new spawn.

Wich is not the same case for exclusive Pokemons which are voluntary Exclusive pokemon like Rotom / Zorua / Porygon etc... which are the basic pokemon that are much rarer with much more interest and excitement around them or even much more usefulness.

About Missmatch between wiki/discord/pokedex:

On 2/16/2024 at 1:02 AM, Jtninja said:

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but the discord hub section is empty and this falls kinda in between, being about spawns.

Map name: National Park (Johto)
Pokemon: Heracross
Reason: Mismatch information
Other:

I found a slight mismatch regarding Heracross spawning in National Park. According to the Wiki and Discord bot, Heracross is said to only spawn in National Park during day time. However, the in game pokedex shows both day and night spawns in National Park, and I can confirm they spawn there at night. 

Is this something that should be corrected in the wiki/discord, or something to be edited spawn wise?  

We are aware of the error that can appear between the spawn displayed in the dex / discord / wiki but its not in our power to us (SE) to fix it but I will pass the info. 

Kabuto Route 124 Underwater:

On 3/2/2024 at 2:35 PM, Duyh91 said:
Feedback
Map name: Route 124 Underwater
Pokemon: Kabuto
Reason: The spawns are incredibly rare. Me and My friend was fishing the 
whole night cycle and not a single Kabuto spawned. 
So it was 2 players, constantly fishing with a Super Rod, 
and was unable to find the mon even once. (to the point where we think it is bugged)

I checked the spawn and Kabuto should be able to spawn with the Super Rod however this spawn is still a very old and outdated spawn wich can explain why it can be very rare to found a pokemon compare to other spawn but in this case the spawn % is not that bad.

the fishing mecanic on pro  is unfortunately really not optimized for farm, the problem with the fishing in pro is that too much time is spent between each pokemon encounter giving the impression that pokemon are much rarer than they should be. 

Thanks to all of you for taking the time to make suggestions and give feedback that could improve spawns.

Wishing you a good day and kind regards,
CloseCombat.

Edited by Closecombat

• 3 weeks later...
Map name: Route 24
Pokemon: Seaking and Kingler
Reason:  They give same amount of attack ev points (2pts). It would be much appreciated if there is a surf spawn that gives 3 pts attack.
Other:

image.png