Ranked PvP Rules.

Shinohara

339926 I suggest we make the use of Protect on Ferrothorn bannable for the time being. I used it on Ferrothorn a bit more today and it can make or break a game due to pokemon still taking Iron Barbs damage through Protect.

339926 I suggest we make the use of Protect on Ferrothorn bannable for the time being. I used it on Ferrothorn a bit more today and it can make or break a game due to pokemon still taking Iron Barbs damage through Protect.

if u have a video recording of it , would be much appreciated.

Protect is now banned as it is bugged. See main post for more details.

Protect will not be banned from the Official PRO Tournament - however please be respectful to your opponent and avoid using it if possible. Consistent abuse of the bug will not be tolerated.

340384 Isn't HJK supposed to cause crash damage if used on a protecting opponent?

It's the order in which things happened is screwed up. And it is not supposed to take Iron Barbs damage is what I was getting at mostly. Idk I just felt like 2 videos would better support my claim xD.

340384 Isn't HJK supposed to cause crash damage if used on a protecting opponent?

It's the order in which things happened is screwed up. And it is not supposed to take Iron Barbs damage is what I was getting at mostly. Idk I just felt like 2 videos would better support my claim xD.

ah i thought you were implying that the hjk was bugged too

Fu2zc9T.jpg

Thanks to MadFrost for the signature!

338896 [glow=red]U-turn, and maybe volt switch (didnt test it but is the same concept) are working wrong.[/glow]

How works in PRO:

U choose the move

U choose what to switch in

Turn starts

How should work:

U choose the move

Turn starts

When u hit, u choose what to switch in

This error in the move, remove the concept of a role in pvp, the role "pivot".

When u use u-turn and your opponent switch out, u should be able to see what pokemon they send in, then u hit the u-turn and select what to send, with the move making u choose what to send b4 the turn start the posibility dissapear. This role is one of the most important thing in pokemon pvps, u can see it in every competitive battle in official tournies

it probably should be moved to report error section, but since i saw it here that was working i posted it here.

https://pokemonrevolution.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=48194 :(

So just to know, does that mean that this won't be fixed soon? :Frown:

ah i thought you were implying that the hjk was bugged too

Yes, if HJK fails cause of random miss (90%acc) or it fails cause the opponent uses Protect/Detect, u eat the damage of missing the kick for 50% of your HP. But u wont get iron barb/rought skin/flare blitz etc recoil damage. This is bugged.^^ Not that big of a deal, but easily abusable if u keep using protect every 2nd turn on a poke which has rough skin/iron barbs. So u get damage of for free.

340516 So just to know, does that mean that this won't be fixed soon? :Frown:

Well its a known issue. Maybe its not that high on the list. In worst case its not codeable. xd So in PRO these moves arent as favorable as in Showdown etc. I wouldnt go for VoltTurn-Core cause u would need to predict your opponents switch to get an advantage.^^ Letz hope they`ll find time to fix this. ;)